Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016S,, 2022 X Plaid
Occupation
Regional sales Mgr
Country flag
Exactly lol. I mean, what would I have to gain by just making this up out of thin air? What would be the point?
It would be nice in one of these updates to get the distance from other objects like my 2016S and My 2022 X Plaid
Sponsored

OP
OP
batlag

batlag

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Medical Business Owner
Country flag
I'm eagerly waiting for the FSD no question BUT....

Absolutely loved learning to drive this truck manually. The ability to tightly turn is incredible. Making a parking spot in a crowded lot is easy. First I was trying to drive it like the F150, but it is a whole new thing.

Maybe if they had released the truck with FSD, I wouldn't have had this experience.
Thatā€™s fair. Iā€™m enjoying driving this more than anything Iā€™ve ever driven. However, Iā€™m excited to BE driven soon!

OP
OP
batlag

batlag

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Medical Business Owner
Country flag
I forgot to mention, I also asked about why there wasnā€™t a middle front seat like the prototype, and he said itā€™s because of the big screen and airbag deployment. But I mentioned my Silverado has a large middle screen and a middle seat, but he didnā€™t have an answer for that (different team).

AND, he mentioned the Foundation Series is probably going to run until propel stop buying it. So the idea that those of us that already have ours will somehow have a ā€œspecial limited editionā€ is not accurate.

Finally, this is actually the second time Iā€™ve run into someone on the CT team in the wild. First was at Coachella where I shared a post about the integrated light bar. So, go through life with a little bit of optimism instead of immediate cynicism and you might just run into a Tesla engineer. šŸ˜ƒ

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
He was at church today. Iā€™m friends with his girlfriend and she knows I have a CT so brought him over to introduce him.
You just outed the leaker, the only Cybertruck Team engineer that attends church regularly!

Smooth move!

Ha, just kidding. But seriously, TSLA shorts and haters regularly leak information that is too good to be true, simply because, as the meme Gus posted pointed out, hope is the beginning step to disappointment. Tesla's Q2 ends in June. So if FSD for CT is not ready going into earnings it can make it easier to tank the share price.

Never underestimate the number of people who want Tesla to fail or the lengths they will go to.

I'm not saying that is necessarily the case here, I'm saying I don't have enough information to conclude one way or the other. I've noticed the pain most people cause themselves is almost always due to making an unwarranted assumption, so, as an investor, I don't put any stock in rumors. Even when that rumor is encrusted with details that make it sound more plausible.

I just shrug my shoulders and say FSD will come to Cybertruck when it's ready for Cybertruck. My best guess is early July, but that's just a wild guess, so I don't put any stock in that either.

GuyV

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, FS Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just wait until you're on a road trip, FSD navigates to exit the highway, negotiates a few intersections, then stops in front of a Supercharger. You shift into reverse and your Tesla backs into the charging spot. No fuss, no drama. [Parachute, CO, Supercharger in my Model Y running FSD 12.3.] That experience will bring a lot of joy!
I think the way that is supposed to work is that you tap on a charging space on the screen and it parks there.

L3it3R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Model 3 Performance FSD, '21 Model Y LR FSD&AB
Occupation
Cybersecurity/Software/Sales/etc.
Country flag
I miss driving my 3 or Y when Iā€™m on more than a 5 mile drive in the CT *only* because of the lack of FSD in the CT. Everything else about the CT is better.

Kuiper__Belt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck - Cyberbeast
Occupation
Telehealth Solutions Architect
Country flag
Ran into a Tesla engineer today whoā€™s specific to the CT team. He mentioned that FSD should be coming by the end of this month! And that some staff trucks are already testing with it.

I know Elon also mentioned ā€œsometime in Juneā€ but we know how he is with timelines. Hope itā€™s true! Iā€™m ready to be chauffeured.
That would be amazing! I would even be happy even if it was just Autopilot. I've never had a car that had anything more than adaptive cruse.

evnow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Elon said 12.5 for cybertruck. I'd expect at least a month after 12.4 goes wide, which hasn't happened yet.
12.4 is quite a bit delayed. They must have found a lot of regressions considering it was with full retraining.

I wish they unlinked CT support and 12.4 (or .5). Separate features.

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
As usual, hope dashed as another non-specific weekend missed. šŸ˜­

joesdayjob

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
bmw xm label , cybertruck when it arrives
Occupation
sneaker store owner
Country flag
I really wish they would turn lane assist on , about to drive from Kentucky to Floridia in a cb. I havenā€™t driven a car in over a decade that didnā€™t have lane assist. I donā€™t care how long FSD takes, i just want lane assist. Come on Elon.
Sponsored