Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23-G80, 21 CVO, 21 BRONCO,
Occupation
Tired but still working.
Country flag
Expecting my VIN any day so hopefully I will have it already installed!

mhaze

First Name
mhike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3; Smartcar; F150 Raptor; Avalanche 2500 4x4
Country flag
Just wait until you're on a road trip, FSD navigates to exit the highway, negotiates a few intersections, then stops in front of a Supercharger. You shift into reverse and your Tesla backs into the charging spot. No fuss, no drama. [Parachute, CO, Supercharger in my Model Y running FSD 12.3.] That experience will bring a lot of joy!
I'm eagerly waiting for the FSD no question BUT....

Absolutely loved learning to drive this truck manually. The ability to tightly turn is incredible. Making a parking spot in a crowded lot is easy. First I was trying to drive it like the F150, but it is a whole new thing.

Maybe if they had released the truck with FSD, I wouldn't have had this experience.

jsongster

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model X, 2020 Model Y
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Thanks for the update! I sure miss the FSD I had gotten very used to door to door rides in my Model X and Y. Looking forward to CyberTruck joining the automated world. Hopefully they make it as I have a road trip planned for last week in June Up the west to WA.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Call me skeptical but how exactly do you happen to “run into a Tesla engineer working on CT”? How would one even know this “engineer” were authentic?

I’m not holding my breath…
I ran into one last year so it is possible. In my case he was taking a kiteboarding lesson at my local site and the instructor knew I was into Cybertruck’s and introduced us. So, possible.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Just consider -

Once on a time in LA you had to say, "Yeah, movie stars are just people and they go to stores and have to buy groceries too, so don't be surprised if you see some!"

Now? It's CYBERTRUCK ENGINEERS!!!
Really can’t tell if you were joking but I lived in LA for many years and it is true; you do run into Hollywood types all the time.

jsongster

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model X, 2020 Model Y
Occupation
retired
Country flag
As the Fonz would say, Correct-A-Mundo!

Last week, while charging the truck, I saw another truck. Now I haven’t seen many around , although the guy who did my wrap has done over 60 now.

So I decided to walk up to the other truck owner and said hey, stupid question but do you see these on the road?

His response was, well yes, but I work for Tesla. I am an engineer for the truck.

He then followed up with, what do you think of the truck?

My response was, it’s amazing the handling and suspension is amazing.

Followed by, that’s great to hear my job wis to work in the suspension and ride.

I finished with, well kiddos, you’ve done a great job.

He said thanks and I went about my day.

Long story, short, you do run into other humans along the journey of life.
I have also met a CyberTruck owner out in the world. It was years ago when returning from a car show in LA back to bay area. He was a powerTrain engineer and the truck he was driving was pre production. We sure enjoyed seeing it up close. I does happen.

fgaryamy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4, Kona
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ran into a Tesla engineer today who’s specific to the CT team. He mentioned that FSD should be coming by the end of this month! And that some staff trucks are already testing with it.

I know Elon also mentioned “sometime in June” but we know how he is with timelines. Hope it’s true! I’m ready to be chauffeured.
Thanks!

fgaryamy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4, Kona
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks for the update! I sure miss the FSD I had gotten very used to door to door rides in my Model X and Y. Looking forward to CyberTruck joining the automated world. Hopefully they make it as I have a road trip planned for last week in June Up the west to WA.
Wow! Long trip. Enjoy!

mhaze

First Name
mhike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3; Smartcar; F150 Raptor; Avalanche 2500 4x4
Country flag
Really can’t tell if you were joking but I lived in LA for many years and it is true; you do run into Hollywood types all the time.
I'm always joking but never joking.

The idea of folks walking right past the movie and tv stars and crowding the CT engineer is ...

DeBergo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Contractor
Country flag
Sounds like you’re ignorant of the amount of misinformation being posted…ignorance is bliss!

and just to put a bow on it, the “engineer” may have only been peripheral to the core team working on CT FSD and thus his info could be inaccurate/out-of-date…

but still appreciate the added color you added (meeting at church etc) as a result of my skepticism.

cheers!
I think it’s odd when people easily accept all the FUD about cybertruck, but are skeptical of good news. Almost like what the short sellers keep pushing…. Promote the crap(mostly exaggerated or entirely made up) and stomp down the good. I can’t wait for society to get back to building up the good instead of endlessly trying to destroy it

CyberFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
I think it’s odd when people easily accept all the FUD about cybertruck, but are skeptical of good news. Almost like what the short sellers keep pushing…. Promote the crap(mostly exaggerated or entirely made up) and stomp down the good. I can’t wait for society to get back to building up the good instead of endlessly trying to destroy it
not sure why you’re replying to my post but fyi I disprove fud all the time.

it’s not an either or equation…
Sponsored