Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red M3 white M3 grey MY
Occupation
MTM Assembly
Country flag
Let me guess...you have your truck already, right?
you are not good at guessing, or reading as I complained in the who is Hell is hotter section that my gripe is other people with higher reservation numbers than me already have their trucks. So you guessed wrong without understanding all the facts, you may be used to that.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Eagle4

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red M3 white M3 grey MY
Occupation
MTM Assembly
Country flag
It was already the emoticon for hurt crying before Battlenet existed, but the Japanese/anime-influenced set, like the smiling eyes I use ^-^, as opposed to the sad crying ;-;

And yes, the dash vs using a ^.^ is a furry-or-glasses thing.

Alt-F4 was the quit command, unless you ported software from a Mac.

-Crissa
Yeah, I cut and pasted that directly from urban dictionary. The only reason I included it was to add just a little bit of levity after I tried to state my opinion. However, there's always gotta be that one person that has to add superfluous information. But hey, whatever gets your post count up and makes you feel superior you just have at it. :)

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
You know, for me, I suppose I'll blame it on excitement and inexperience. I got my VIN on a Wednesday. Called immediately to Tesla in Franklin and was told it was still in Austin. Called back on the following Friday expecting to hear that it was still in Texas or in route. Instead, the lady told me my CyberTruck came in with a large shipment and they had 30 sitting outside. Said call back after lunch and maybe she could get my delivery set up for Sunday. In my excitement, I paid my money so there would be no issues with wire transfer and if there was I could get to the bank and get it straight. Then, later call after lunch to confirm Sunday delivery I'm told that I got to wait until the end of the week. Now, I'm being told the 23rd and that doesn't mean I can get it next week. There are at least 29 other CyberTruck owners trying to take delivery as well. So, live and learn.
What Date did you get your VIN ?

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
The biggest instance is when your vehicle delivery date has been set and you are going to pick up your vehicle in the next few days and not using a lender.
You want to make sure that there are no delays, so you start the money transfer early, just to make sure that nothing blocks you from getting your vehicle:cry::cry:
yep thats what i did, paid a week ahead of time i dont want any app issues on that day (especially since i flew in to take delivery)

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Yes I’ll get over after awhile. But this whole messed up delivery of Cybertrucks leaves a bad taste in people mouths.
The only silver lining for me is that my window was from Feb to April. I fully expected to go into May and was shocked that I got a VIN last week. I feel for the people who have been waiting forever for a VIN and the people who were skipped an invitation to ever sign up for the FS.
Take Delivery or on hold ?

TwilightHan

First Name
Han
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model S, CT Beast Now Ordered
Country flag
Trucks have started transporting to the train depots this morning. Yesterday I would see trailers with a vehicle missing within all the Y’s. Now I just saw two on the trailer along with the Y’s.
Also I was at Austin Ridgepoint yesterday. There was a flawless CT just waiting there with a manufactured date of 3/24. No panel gaps. Nothing out of the ordinary.

No flaws and Clean as can be with the weather Austin has been experiencing but I’m excited again waiting for mine to eventually get here.

CarMan ElecTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LeftFoot RightFoot
Country flag
For those ‘traveling’ to take deliver..

What is the logic behind this?

I’m guessing it’s not like the Bavarian BMW Experience…

Simply a cost-cut measure because “we can’t deliver CT to your city?”

…Asking for a friend

djobleezy

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, Cybertruck
Country flag

…Asking for a friend
I heard a few stories about reasons to travel to pick up the vehicle, but IMO it most likely for either situational convenience or they want their CTs faster and believe getting it delivered in CA or TX might accelerate VIN assignment and delivery timeline.

defrostedcanuck

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Porsche Taycan, Cybertruck AWD FS
Occupation
Nerdy Sales Guy
Country flag
I’ve got a delivery scheduled for April 21st in Arizona.
I have an AZ delivery scheduled for 4/20, but they told me yesterday it will likely be pushed beyond 4/22

BengalBoy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Viper GTS and 1995 Ford Bronco XLT
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag

…Asking for a friend
For myself, it is because I live in Alabama. There are no Tesla stores or centers in this state by law. You must travel to Tennessee, Mississippi, or Georgia to take delivery of a Tesla.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag

…Asking for a friend
Traveling? To where?

There are many states that don't allow Tesla deliveries in state because of archaic dealership laws.
And then, while it's getting fewer and fewer, those who aren't that close to a Delivery Center and must travel to one.

To Austin? That's s complete conversation in its own. And not really an option for most.

CarMan ElecTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LeftFoot RightFoot
Country flag
I heard thru the grapevine (the tube) that CT could not be delivered in Colorado.. so a few were coming to California for ‘delivery’

Traveling? To where?

There are many states that don't allow Tesla deliveries in state because of archaic dealership laws.
And then, while it's getting fewer and fewer, those who aren't that close to a Delivery Center and must travel to one.

To Austin? That's s complete conversation in its own. And not really an option for most.

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I was at the local dealership here in Southern California today trying to get some info on where my truck was. It did leave Texas but is now sitting in some temporary storage facility is San Diego during this delivery delay. I must have missed delivery by about 2 days i would guess.

The guy who helped me was very helpful and showed me all the info he could see. One bit of info he shared from what he had been told was the delivery delay is currently slated to run until April 23.

So at least now we have some idea of what timeline Tesla is talking about internally.

Fingers crossed this gets cleared up by then.
Thanks, but it's not a 'dealership'.

Dealerships are only for legacy auto where two profit margins are taken, first to the manufacturer, and then to the third party dealers who take their cut. Tesla direct sales only have one profit margin taken.

I always remind of those differences, because they are one of the vital fundamentals which makes Tesla so much better than legacy auto.

- ÆCIII
Sponsored