Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Weird, what is this place I keep going to that has model cars to check out and test drive, and sales associates to answer my questions?
That's a Store or Gallery.

Dealers are third-party to the manufacturers that actually by cars from the manufacturers and resale them.

Wouldn't be as big of a deal if a number of states didn't prohibit the sales of Tesla vehicles in their state because Tesla doesn't use dealers.
Sponsored

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Curious why are people paying before delivery?

I had my lender mail check to me, provided tracking number (FedEx, UPS) from bank to Tesla team at delivery center. I took delivery of my Model Y Friday 9/1 at 4p and brought in the check Tuesday 9/5 after the holiday weekend.
The biggest instance is when your vehicle delivery date has been set and you are going to pick up your vehicle in the next few days and not using a lender.
You want to make sure that there are no delays, so you start the money transfer early, just to make sure that nothing blocks you from getting your vehicle:cry::cry:

BengalBoy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Viper GTS and 1995 Ford Bronco XLT
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Curious why are people paying before delivery?

I had my lender mail check to me, provided tracking number (FedEx, UPS) from bank to Tesla team at delivery center. I took delivery of my Model Y Friday 9/1 at 4p and brought in the check Tuesday 9/5 after the holiday weekend.
You know, for me, I suppose I'll blame it on excitement and inexperience. I got my VIN on a Wednesday. Called immediately to Tesla in Franklin and was told it was still in Austin. Called back on the following Friday expecting to hear that it was still in Texas or in route. Instead, the lady told me my CyberTruck came in with a large shipment and they had 30 sitting outside. Said call back after lunch and maybe she could get my delivery set up for Sunday. In my excitement, I paid my money so there would be no issues with wire transfer and if there was I could get to the bank and get it straight. Then, later call after lunch to confirm Sunday delivery I'm told that I got to wait until the end of the week. Now, I'm being told the 23rd and that doesn't mean I can get it next week. There are at least 29 other CyberTruck owners trying to take delivery as well. So, live and learn.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Regarding insurance, when Tesla notified me about my delivery date, the app unlocked the ability to get insurance. I eagerly priced out insurance for the CT. Progressive offered much better rates then my current GEICO policy, so I switched all my cars to Progressive which made the CT insurance virtually free. I’ve been carrying insurance on the CT for 3 weeks (delivery postpone) but not complaining because of Progressive. I recommend everyone to get a quote from them.
Definitely tell Progressive you don't have your Cybertruck yet, and need them to give you a grace period because of its delay. They can and should tack the delay onto the end of your period or give you a refund for the difference.

After an investigation taking a few weeks.
After someone taking about a week to write it up.
Add a few more days for approvals.
You seem an optimist. Most of their investigations take two years.

-Crissa

pricedm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model Y LR. Volvo XC70 T6 retired 9/23
Occupation
IT
Country flag
You know, for me, I suppose I'll blame it on excitement ... I got my VIN on a Wednesday
I probably would have done the same. I too get Cybertruck Fever every time I see one...not so common yet in Colorado. If it was mine...yes....would not be able to think straight. Congrats, and hang in there

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I've noticed you joined this forum on December 30, 2023. In that time you have posted over 2,312 times. In a matter of approximately 106 days you literally have posted 22 times a day. By definition you are a "troll" who enjoys the confrontation. Or, your consulting job is too attack anyone who has something negative to say about Tesla or the process of buying one. If it's not your job, that just means you have literally nothing to do most of the day but post here. So, instead of trying to appear as if you are a *Big Brain" and the rest of us are just "whiners" maybe you should reevaluate your "trollish* ways. Take up astronomy, study the stars, as you seem to find some superiority in your knowledge of the way the solar system works. By the way, here is that quote for you from my post.

" This is serious money without delivery of the purchased goods and no legitimate explanation for the delay. (A plastic throttle petal cover? Come on?)"

Again, I know my sarcasm is too subtle for you, I apologize.
I get it, I got it right. You did say it.

It's amazing, my truck is sitting outside the Delivery Center. I've touched it, but I can't get it.

My life goes on.

pricedm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model Y LR. Volvo XC70 T6 retired 9/23
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The biggest instance is when your vehicle delivery date has been set and you are going to pick up your vehicle in the next few days and not using a lender.
You want to make sure that there are no delays, so you start the money transfer early, just to make sure that nothing blocks you from getting your vehicle:cry::cry:
Congrats! And hang in there. I hope this delay will soon be forgotten and all will be good. Awesome truck you are about to have.

BengalBoy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
I probably would have done the same. I too get Cybertruck Fever every time I see one...not so common yet in Colorado. If it was mine...yes....would not be able to think straight. Congrats, and hang in there
Thanks. Very rare in Alabama as well. I only know of two currently in the state. I'm very excited. I've really seen nothing negative in the overall truck from anyone who has actually driven it. I thought last Friday I would have it on Sunday. Then it would be tomorrow or Friday. Now? Who knows?? (Only Tesla knows) Well, I'm off to YouTube to watch more reviews. Haha!! Thanks for your empathy! :)

Montezzy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Plaid model s, EQS SUV, gen 3 Raptor, Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
i used to really enjoy reading this forum, but man, the negativity is draining. I’m an early Tesla owner, P85D in 2014, and have always had one since. P90D X, now S Plaid and lots of exotics for my weekend cars. Car community is normally pretty tight and generally positive. I enjoy the CT forum insight about who got their CT early, wrapping it, wheels, tips etc. l have 3 friends that already got their CT and they all say “I LOVE THiS TRUCk!”
Everyone here should be grateful to be in the position to own such a unique and remarkable vehicle.!
My delivery was canceled last week and I was upset for about 5 min. Seriously what’s another week or 2? Focus on the positive OUR TRUCKS are ALMOST HERE! Plus getting vin #’s in the 6K range should have the early issues worked out. Hey and maybe in true Tesla fashion we get new aero covers with the pedal fix! Stay positive people! Peace!!!

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Delivery Hold Until April 23 -- Tesla Dealership Associate IMG_3577

BengalBoy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
i used to really enjoy reading this forum, but man, the negativity is draining. I’m an early Tesla owner, P85D in 2014, and have always had one since. P90D X, now S Plaid and lots of exotics for my weekend cars. Car community is normally pretty tight and generally positive. I enjoy the CT forum insight about who got their CT early, wrapping it, wheels, tips etc. l have 3 friends that already got their CT and they all say “I LOVE THiS TRUCk!”
Everyone here should be grateful to be in the position to own such a unique and remarkable vehicle.!
My delivery was canceled last week and I was upset for about 5 min. Seriously what’s another week or 2? Focus on the positive OUR TRUCKS are ALMOST HERE! Plus getting vin #’s in the 6K range should have the early issues worked out. Hey and maybe in true Tesla fashion we get new aero covers with the pedal fix! Stay positive people! Peace!!!

IMG_3577.jpeg
You are absolutely correct! Maybe it will be an *Easter Egg* of surprises?

Cyber_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Cybertruck
Country flag
Thanks. Very rare in Alabama as well. I only know of two currently in the state. I'm very excited. I've really seen nothing negative in the overall truck from anyone who has actually driven it. I thought last Friday I would have it on Sunday. Then it would be tomorrow or Friday. Now? Who knows?? (Only Tesla knows) Well, I'm off to YouTube to watch more reviews. Haha!! Thanks for your empathy! :)

Kennesaw? Only seen one here in Birmingham. Was supposed to get mine last Saturday. Radio silence. Got a unknown text back and a tentative reschedule but I'm not hopeful.

Doing a wrap?

BengalBoy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Kennesaw? Only seen one here in Birmingham. Was supposed to get mine last Saturday. Radio silence. Got a unknown text back and a tentative reschedule but I'm not hopeful.

Doing a wrap?
I'm in Tuscaloosa picking up in Franklin, Tennessee. The one in Birmingham I know about from the forum posts by owner. There is also one in Huntsville, wrapped in bright green. Are you picking up in Kennesaw Georgia? I purchased the EverBrite PermaClear kit for mine. You know, I really enjoy looking at other people's wraps, but, I'm broke now!! Haha!! I do plan to tint the driver's side windows to match the rear passenger OEM tint.

tripzero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
lol april-june? less than 50% of the "Jan-March" orders have been delivered.
Not doubting but how do you know it's < 50%? If it's from the data on this site, I don't think the data is good for much other than "there are orders" and "California is the best state ever!".

In other news, as of this very second, there are no new service bulletins since April 9 and it's about the steering SCCM. Not sure, but I think that means they are still figuring it out, or they've figured it out and are working on documentation still. Does anyone know if service centers can see SB's before service.tesla.com posts them?

OP
OP
Pstryker

Pstryker

First Name
Pstryker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Ram 1500
Occupation
Video Production
Country flag
That's a Store or Gallery.

Dealers are third-party to the manufacturers that actually by cars from the manufacturers and resale them.

Wouldn't be as big of a deal if a number of states didn't prohibit the sales of Tesla vehicles in their state because Tesla doesn't use dealers.
Thank you so much for this semantics lesson. I'm gonna go ahead and keep calling it a dealership.

Synchronicity786

First Name
O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Bronco, Tesla Cybertruck
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
After reading through all this drama, I’m most curious about why Darryl2006 has a strike through his name and is listed as banned 😂. I read through the buildup of a meltdown with Crissa, but missed the arc! Such a cliff hanger. We have another Netflix documentary storyline…
Sponsored