Banned
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi q5
Country flag
You didn't answer the question. You really think they're holding everyone's trucks just to hold onto your check a few days?

What day did you send in the payment?

-Crissa

PS, you can have your insurance company hold the effective date of your policy. At least, Progressive will do that for me.
I paid in full 12 days ago. And, no, in NY State you cannot have the insurance on hold. If a car is registered, it must be insured. $30/day fine or something like that for every day it is uninsured. The insurance company has to legally inform the DMV whenever insurance is stopped. My buddy is my agent
Sponsored

sharpgator

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan, M3
Country flag
Yep. I am. I would be cool about it all with some real communication. You know, like adults. But tesla is acting like a punk start up company. 5 days in and no firm plan. Nothing.
Communication and compensation would make you a happy customer. They should be compensating you for your payment and insurance until you take delivery of your truck. Sadly, there does not appear to be an adult in the room when it comes to customer service at Tesla. They make some intriguing products that suck us in and let us accept their non-service as acceptable.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I paid in full 12 days ago. And, no, in NY State you cannot have the insurance on hold. If a car is registered, it must be insured. $30/day fine or something like that for every day it is uninsured. The insurance company has to legally inform the DMV whenever insurance is stopped. My buddy is my agent
So no, the hold began not quite six days ago.

Look, you do not have the vehicle, and therefore do not need insurance for it. You are the one who chose an insurance company that wouldn't give you the proper effective date.

Your buddy is ripping you off.

-Crissa

Eagle4

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red M3 white M3 grey MY
Occupation
MTM Assembly
Country flag
Wow, being an older guy I remember every night sitting down at 6 o'clock and watching Walter Cronkite deliver the news, and just the news. Wasn't any commentary or supposition or opinions from people on each side of Walter telling him how they felt about a particular issue he was reporting on this happened today And to quote him that's the way it is. It's times like these where I realize sometimes the Internet isn't good. Sure it's great for disseminating information however, also allows every single person to publish their quasi law degree, doctor opinion, scientific thoughts, whether they know anything about it or not. Imagine back in the 70s when you read a newspaper to get your news, everybody that wanted to contribute to the newspaper stories could , Instead of just letters to the editor. The newspaper.would be as big as the phonebook every day.
If Tesla delivered the trucks to us and said here you go here's your cyber truck. It's broken right now with something that could potentially hurt you or others so whatever you do don't drive it. In our heart of hearts, it would be like being eight years old on Christmas morning wrapped packages under the Christmas tree and our parents saying we're going to go for a picnic for the next six hours and leave you at home don't look at the Christmas presents. Don't shake them. Don't touch them. Just leave them there until we get back. we would all try and do something with the truck then one person would get hurt and of course wind up causing a problem we know this. Then everyone starts playing the whose hell is hotter game, I lost my financing, well, I could be earning interest on that money I paid already, or just the plain I want mine now because I had a low reservation number that's mine by the way. Let's look at this from a logical adult perspective if you're gonna buy $120,000 truck and you can't afford the refinancing at a slightly higher rate or having to pay insurance on it for a month, you're not going to use it technically these little expenses should be pocket change for you. if you can't play with the big boys, you don't need the big toys. Remember, nobody put a gun to our head and said you must do this now you have to have the first cyber truck on your block. I realize that Mob mentality starts with a single outburst of unpleasantness but we all have to realize that. Tesla is doing the right thing by getting the problem fixed before they pass out the product. We all know this.
as far as releasing the issue as to why exactly well the stock price is taken quite a hit and we all know that the press is just itching to find another problem so they can say the cyber truck sucks or Teslas having more problems because that gets headlines than the stock drops of course this makes me cry a little, but I digress. Even if they told us exactly what was wrong, there would be reporters out there trying to find out where the part was made why Tesla buying inferior parts they'd all find a way to spin it towards the bed instead of Tesla protecting its customers by making sure they're product is good about a known problem before they sell it. I'm sure this post is going to make many people upset and I'll get lots of reactions that will be negative, but since everyone else gets to say their opinion, I want to state mine.

TL;DR = QQ

which I guess I'll have to also explain.
According to the urban dictionary
Contrary to popular belief, QQ is not a set of crying eyes. It actually originated with the advent of Warcraft II. On battlenet, you could press ALT+Q+Q to immediately exit the match and program. Thus the term "QQ" was to tell people to just quit because they are unskilled. The term later developed and lost it's origin and is usually mistaken as crying eyes
In contemporary gamer culture, QQ has become the mainstream emoticon for crying eyes, though it is still often used in it's traditional sense.
"Shut up or QQ!"
"Why don't you QQ, noob?"

Last edited:

Darryl2006

Banned
Banned
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi q5
Country flag

Look, you do not have the vehicle, and therefore do not need insurance for it. You are the one who chose an insurance company that wouldn't give you the proper effective date.

-Crissa
Crista, I've been watching you on this forum for years, always think you are so smart. You're not. I live here. In NY you must insure a registered f'ing vehicle. End of story. Stop talking out your ass on subjects you don't know. Enough already

Darryl2006

Banned
Banned
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi q5
Country flag

-Crissa
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Delivery Hold Until April 23 -- Tesla Dealership Associate Screenshot_20240417_193506_Google

Darryl2006

Banned
Banned
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi q5
Country flag
Wow, being an older guy I remember every night sitting down at 6 o'clock and watching Walter Cronkite deliver the news, and just the news. Wasn't any commentary or supposition or opinions from people on each side of Walter telling him how they felt about a particular issue he was reporting on this happened today And to quote him that's the way it is. It's times like these where I realize sometimes the Internet isn't good. Sure it's great for disseminating information however, also allows every single person to publish their quasi law degree, doctor opinion, scientific thoughts, whether they know anything about it or not. Imagine back in the 70s when you read a newspaper to get your news, everybody that wanted to contribute to the newspaper stories could , Instead of just letters to the editor. The newspaper.would be as big as the phonebook every day.
If Tesla delivered the trucks to us and said here you go here's your cyber truck. It's broken right now with something that could potentially hurt you or others so whatever you do don't drive it. In our heart of hearts, it would be like being eight years old on Christmas morning wrapped packages under the Christmas tree and our parents saying we're going to go for a picnic for the next six hours and leave you at home don't look at the Christmas presents. Don't shake them. Don't touch them. Just leave them there until we get back. we would all try and do something with the truck then one person would get hurt and of course wind up causing a problem we know this. Then everyone starts playing the whose hell is hotter game, I lost my financing, well, I could be earning interest on that money I paid already, or just the plain I want mine now because I had a low reservation number that's mine by the way. Let's look at this from a logical adult perspective if you're gonna buy $120,000 truck and you can't afford the refinancing at a slightly higher rate or having to pay insurance on it for a month, you're not going to use it technically these little expenses should be pocket change for you. if you can't play with the big boys, you don't need the big toys. Remember, nobody put a gun to our head and said you must do this now you have to have the first cyber truck on your block. I realize that Mom mentality starts with a single outburst of unpleasant, but we all have to realize that. Tesla is doing the right thing by getting the problem fixed before they pass out the product. We all know this.
as far as releasing the issue as to why exactly well the stock price is taken quite a hit and we all know that the press is just itching to find another problem so they can say the cyber truck sucks or Teslas having more problems because that gets headlines than the stock drops of course this makes me cry a little, but I digress. Even if they told us exactly what was wrong, there would be reporters out there trying to find out where the part was made why Tesla buying inferior parts they'd all find a way to spin it towards the bed instead of Tesla protecting its customers by making sure they're product is good about a known problem before they sell it. I'm sure this post is going to make many people upset and I'll get lots of reactions that will be negative, but since everyone else gets to say their opinion, I want to state mine.

TL;DR = QQ

which I guess I'll have to also explain.
Contrary to popular belief, QQ is not a set of crying eyes. It actually originated with the advent of Warcraft II. On battlenet, you could press ALT+Q+Q to immediately exit the match and program. Thus the term "QQ" was to tell people to just quit because they are unskilled. The term later developed and lost it's origin and is usually mistaken as crying eyes
In contemporary gamer culture, QQ has become the mainstream emoticon for crying eyes, though it is still often used in it's traditional sense.
"Shut up or QQ!"
Let me guess...you have your truck already, right?

Darryl2006

Banned
Banned
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi q5
Country flag
Communication and compensation would make you a happy customer. They should be compensating you for your payment and insurance until you take delivery of your truck. Sadly, there does not appear to be an adult in the room when it comes to customer service at Tesla. They make some intriguing products that suck us in and let us accept their non-service as acceptable.
I dont even care about compensation. Just communicate for the love of God

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
"Shut up or QQ!"
It was already the emoticon for hurt crying before Battlenet existed, but the Japanese/anime-influenced set, like the smiling eyes I use ^-^, as opposed to the sad crying ;-;

And yes, the dash vs using a ^.^ is a furry-or-glasses thing.

Alt-F4 was the quit command, unless you ported software from a Mac.

-Crissa

Darryl2006

Banned
Banned
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi q5
Country flag
You do understand that doesn't contradict me, right?

This has nothing to do with the DMV and everything to do with your insurance company ripping you off.

-Crissa
Are you really that dumb or just pretending. Wow. Done with you, man. Go away now

kiska

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 M3P
Country flag
This is my argument. They had no problem accepting my wire. And now I'm just completely in the dark while they make interest on my 100k. Just like with the 100 and 1000 deposits.

Communication here lacking and distribution centers with zero knowledge is frustrating. Going to mess up my schedule pretty good when it gets delayed again this weekend. I can't imagine them fixing it by Saturday when they can't give me any information.
I cancelled my order. They told me it could take up to 8 weeks to receive the money back.

Builds self driving electric cars but can’t push an ACH transfer

rizvend

First Name
JAKEMBL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybrtrk, aptera reserved
Occupation
Nurse Informaticist
Country flag
I would wait on the insurance until uou get a delivery date or you may end up like me and paying for insurance for weeks on a truck you don't have
Did you ask insurance company to delay date of effectivity until the date of delivery?

Darryl2006

Banned
Banned
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi q5
Country flag
Did you ask insurance company to delay date of effectivity until the date of delivery?
I did but since Tesla went and registered it under me with the DMV it has to have insurance. Can't wait until i actually get it. I wish. NY is on top of anything insurance. But in this case, it's BS
Again, I wouldn't care so much but I'm totally in the dark. Could be a week or a month. Some communication and a defined plan of action would be great.
Sponsored