JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck FS AWD
Occupation
Aerospace Guidance Navigation and Control Engineer
Country flag
What are my water storage options that integrate well with Cybertruck? Ideally I could somehow tuck it away inside the sails and lose no usable storage space.

Looking for maybe 10 gallons. Enough for some camping and rinsing scuba gear or rinsing sand or mud off of humans.
Sponsored

P_O_Man3849

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Whatever gets me to work
Country flag
I've seen roof rack options using PVC pipe to hold water, usually gravity fed to use as a shower/rinse station. The under side of the CT is pretty flat, it probably wouldn't be too hard to mount a few pipes under the truck to use as water storage and a simple pump connected to a spray hose to accomplish this.

Cyber_95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Use the vault storage bin. A video from a while back showed that it held a lot of ice, so I would think you have at least 10 gals.

It has a drain plug that could likely be fashioned into some form of valve and piping system.

OP
OP

jschall

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck FS AWD
Occupation
Country flag
Use the vault storage bin. A video from a while back showed that it held a lot of ice, so I would think you have at least 10 gals.

It has a drain plug that could likely be fashioned into some form of valve and piping system.
Looked it up, the gear locker has a 97 liter/220lb capacity

I can buy a 30 gallon water bladder and put it in there. I can mount the pump to the L-track or find a way to put it under the gear locker.

I just wonder if there might be room between the bed side panel and the gigacasting, above the wheel well, so I can still have my gear locker.

RickJ19Zeta8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-Motor Cybertruck (soon_TM), Model 3
Country flag
Looked it up, the gear locker has a 97 liter/220lb capacity

I can buy a 30 gallon water bladder and put it in there. I can mount the pump to the L-track or find a way to put it under the gear locker.

I just wonder if there might be room between the bed side panel and the gigacasting, above the wheel well, so I can still have my gear locker.
There is space there. I looked at photos, but couldn’t really swag how much and it would be a custom mounting and solution.

The molle panels would be another option, but they have a 100 lb. Weight limit.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Under back seat.
Attached to bed sidewall.
On the Molle panels
Frunk

OP
OP

jschall

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck FS AWD
Occupation
Country flag
Link to water tank/bladder & pump would be helpful!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0D6Z6X38L?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0CHF5BJNF?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Still have to figure out where the pump is going (might mount to the L-track), need to cap off that bottom port, get hoses etc.

And then I will stick a NEMA 14-50 plug onto one of these...

There's a little space in there. I wonder if there's enough room for a single bottle to fit...

5zdqfqs1o20d1-2.jpeg

-Crissa
That is a good photo. Is it yours? How difficult to get that side panel on and off?

I would probably have a custom shape made to fit in there.

BChiesa

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 & Y & CT AWD
Occupation
Banker
Country flag
A great aftermarket accessory idea would be a water bag sized specifically for the vault locker. There would be a refill port on the top of the bag, and a drain port with removable hose and nozzle adapter to come out the bottom, sized perfectly for the vault locker drain already there. Weight of the water would give pressure to the hose, without the need of an additional pump.

According to the Internet, a class B motor home typically has a freshwater tank of 20-40 gallons. So at 97 liters (25.6 gallons), the vault storage bag would be on the lower end, but not too small.

OP
OP

jschall

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck FS AWD
Occupation
Country flag
A great aftermarket accessory idea would be a water bag sized specifically for the vault locker. There would be a refill port on the top of the bag, and a drain port with removable hose and nozzle adapter to come out the bottom, sized perfectly for the vault locker drain already there. Weight of the water would give pressure to the hose, without the need of an additional pump.

According to the Internet, a class B motor home typically has a freshwater tank of 20-40 gallons. So at 97 liters (25.6 gallons), the vault storage bag would be on the lower end, but not too small.
If it is possible to put the outlet at the lowest point, there could also be a port on top to connect an air compressor to pressurize the bag.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
That is a good photo. Is it yours? How difficult to get that side panel on and off?
Not mine. It's a photo of a truck that took minor collision damage, they say it's easy to take off. Wouldn't want to drive it that way, but... I figured it'd be good reference for the thread.

Once you have the custom shape, pretty sure you could get alot of buyers here.

-Crissa

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.meyerwine.com
Vehicles
Model 3, '73 GMC truck, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist, Vintner
Country flag
Any water bladder will fit and conform to the inside of the smuggler bin. But it also depends on your needs. I'd personally rather be able to move my water away from the truck as needed, large tanks can't do that.
I just use 2-6 of these with a battery powered faucet. All the extra hoses, pressurizing pumps etc is kind of overkill for my uses.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Rotopax are expensive and store half as much in the same volume... but they are pretty durable and easy to carry and attach.

Anyhow, interesting to see the solutions!

-Crissa

OP
OP

jschall

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck FS AWD
Occupation
Country flag
Rotopax are expensive and store half as much in the same volume... but they are pretty durable and easy to carry and attach.

Anyhow, interesting to see the solutions!

-Crissa
Yeah I feel like that would be a separate thing in addition to this. I can get a bottle to fill up from this system.
Sponsored