Overhead Console Detached and Falling

CTnoir

Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi fellow CT people, I was lowering my sun visor and the overhead console with driver selector and Hazard button came detached like nothing was holding it up.
Has anyone experienced that?
IMG_9224.jpeg
Sponsored

XCeilidhX

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model S, awaiting CT RN112786958
Country flag
I don't have my truck and haven't even placed the final order but yes people have had this issue reported in the past although it's been a while since I have seen people talking about it. Somehow they did report it was fixed, though as I recall... maybe one of them will chime in here.

Cheers

Last edited:

Pops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY, CyberBeast
Country flag
Here is an example of it happening to someone else.
https://www.cybertruckownersclub.com/forum/threads/overhead-gear-selector-falling-off.16530/

I was able to fix this myself. I filed off just a tad of the white clips where they grip to the frame to make gripping plane angle sharper. Then installed small rubber stuff under the base of each white clip to make them always wanted to expand. These 2 mods cased clips to grip stronger - has been holding strong for couple of months now

OP
OP
CTnoir

CTnoir

Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't have my truck and haven't even placed the final order but yes people have had this issue reported in the past although it's been a while since I have seen people talking about it. Somehow they did report it was fixed, though as I recall... maybe one of them will chime in here.

Cheers
Thank you! Itā€™s kinda a bummer because I literally just picked up the truck from having mirrors and bed sail piece replaced.. Are you waiting for the issues to get fixed before ordering?o
Yes this happened to me last week but was able to swing by Tesla shop and they fixed it in about 30 min
thank you

OP
OP
CTnoir

CTnoir

Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes this happened to me last week but was able to swing by Tesla shop and they fixed it in about 30 min
Oh thatā€™s good to know itā€™s an easy fix. I have an appointment for when Iā€™m back from vacation. Thank you

XCeilidhX

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model S, awaiting CT RN112786958
Country flag
Thank you! Itā€™s kinda a bummer because I literally just picked up the truck from having mirrors and bed sail piece replaced.. Are you waiting for the issues to get fixed before ordering?
I was an early adopter with the Model S. This time around Iā€™m letting others be the excited guinea pigs while I wait out the growing pains.

Cheers

Lasttoy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 & 2017 S. CT ordered 30 may
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks. This is first mention of roof console with buttons/controls. I haven't seen that on any video.

Tony2times

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT AWD
Country flag
Hi fellow CT people, I was lowering my sun visor and the overhead console with driver selector and Hazard button came detached like nothing was holding it up.
IMG_9224.jpeg
Poorly engineered. The load from the magnet visor connectors needed something more stout to connect to. Same thing happened to me. Simple fix at Tesla they rework the clips and it never happened again. For now, move the visors slightly off the center box so they are not connected, press up and reconnect box until service. Donā€™t reattach visors or it will fail again (speaking from experience).

OP
OP
CTnoir

CTnoir

Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
Poorly engineered. The load from the magnet visor connectors needed something more stout to connect to. Same thing happened to me. Simple fix at Tesla they rework the clips and it never happened again. For now, move the visors slightly off the center box so they are not connected, press up and reconnect box until service. Donā€™t reattach visors or it will fail again (speaking from experience).
Definitely not engineered properly! Thank you for the tip, Iā€™ll try that

CT_AZ_4x4

Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_9224.jpeg
The Scottsdale SC replaced my front windshield, but 1/8th of an inch too low. The ceiling shifter top end first fits into the metal roof bar, and then clips into its space with white clips and a plastic stud that inserts into a hole just above the cabā€™s camera. Because my windshield was installed 1/8th of an inch too low, the plastic stud wouldnā€™t insert into its mounting hole. Because the shifter was not supported it was falling down. The SC re-replaced the entire front windshield, but in the correct position for the plastic stud to insert into its mounting home. This allowed the white clips to properly insert, making the shift solid in its proper installation.

Iā€™m sure the SC can fix it!
Sponsored