Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB EQS SUV 580
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
This will probably only affect so many people. At the end of May I placed my order FS CB. They gave me a window between Oct and Dec. However, there’s so many rumors that FS is ending at the end of this month or next. So, what does that mean for my order? Are they going to make my CB a nonFS? If so, is the price going to be less $20K markup? I’m fine with that. Just inform me.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
This will probably only affect so many people. At the end of May I placed my order FS CB. They gave me a window between Oct and Dec. However, there’s so many rumors that FS is ending at the end of this month or next. So, what does that mean for my order? Are they going to make my CB a nonFS? If so, is the price going to be less $20K markup? I’m fine with that. Just inform me.
You ordered what you ordered. They'll deliver what you ordered, if you've put up the $1000 deposit.

-Crissa

jcryer3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Ram Promaster
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
My Cyberbeast is supposed to be delivered between Oct and Dec. I suspect that as they phase down the FS, there will be overlap. They have had almost a year to figure out what the non FS will be in order to reduce the cost. Look for a lower base model with options.

Cybertruck2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning and Model 3
Country flag
The only thing I wonder is if the better wheels will come standard with the Beast once FS ends? A Beast with the standard wheels would almost be sad. Could that be why we had an extra $4k installation credit?

Side note, I've had my truck a month and no notice yet for install of power share.

Getinring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model x plaid
Country flag
I’m in the same boat also. Would be nice to know or have an option to downgrade to non foundation Cyberbeast and know how much longer you will have to wait vs the Oct-Dec window. Most here seem to want to get it ASAP but if the additional wait for a non foundation moved back another 3-6 months, I’d be willing to wait.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
My Cyberbeast is supposed to be delivered between Oct and Dec. I suspect that as they phase down the FS, there will be overlap. They have had almost a year to figure out what the non FS will be in order to reduce the cost. Look for a lower base model with options.
That would be a surprise. It would make more sense for the AWD and Beast to be everything they are now but without any of the FS addons. Those would either be options or accessories. I am guessing that that is exactly what everyone that forewent ordering FS Cybertrucks is expecting.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I’m in the same boat also. Would be nice to know or have an option to downgrade to non foundation Cyberbeast and know how much longer you will have to wait vs the Oct-Dec window. Most here seem to want to get it ASAP but if the additional wait for a non foundation moved back another 3-6 months, I’d be willing to wait.
Given that they will start back at the beginning of the line, possibly w/o quantity restrictions, it could be longer than 6 months. Given that if you order and then revise your order it changes your place in the queue, I don't think that anyone knows what the impact might be. You might be at the head of the queue but who knows?

shocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt, Silverado,
Occupation
Retired scientist
Country flag
Ordered 1/12 and took delivery 6/13. Understand from talking with others, I was lucky as they ordered earlier and are still waiting for a VIN. As far as the price goes, I tallied up the value of the Foundation options for me and it just about equals the $20K premium. So no reason for me to delay.
Last I read, AWD's are 90% of the production, so not many Beasts are out there so far.

Musselmanc

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Occupation
LANL
Country flag
If they stop making the FS, or you put your FS order on hold for up to 6 months, will they still be able to deliver the FS? How do you know your statement would still be correct?
You ordered what you ordered. They'll deliver what you ordered, if you've put up the $1000 deposit.

-Crissa

tbuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 F150 Lariat - Cybertruck Res #113xxx
Country flag
The end of FS means the production schedule is filling until the end of the year. When that fills up, they will no longer send out FS invites, but regular invites.

If you have an FS order, you will get a FS CT.

So, when they stop building FS CTs and stop sending FS invites are different timelines. Right now, it looks like they are still sending FS AWD and FS Beast invites, but the beast is showing delivery windows of Oct-Dec while AWD are showing Aug-Oct-ish. It could well be that Beast invites stop prior to AWD invites for FS and that may be soon. However, no one knows if they will start sending non-FS Beast invites when Beast production slots are all sold for 2024 or if they will wait until AWD FS slots are also full.

At the current rate, I am guessing we will start seeing non-FS invites start going out for 2025 delivery windows starting around the end of August/beginning of September.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
If they stop making the FS, or you put your FS order on hold for up to 6 months, will they still be able to deliver the FS? How do you know your statement would still be correct?
If you put your order on hold, you're up a creek without an order when they cease taking orders. But there might be trucks that others passed on.

-Crissa
Sponsored