JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Something has to give, so they decided its the frunk.

Everyone has a different use case, I doubt if most potential customers had the larger Frunk as their highest priority.

But they had asked me, push comes to shove, I would have gone the same way.

As a recreational user, I would regret not having the room in the back for tents, BBQ, tables, fishing gear etc, and I would appreciate the spacious cabin and the views from the cockpit.

I think theres enough room at the front to make to do for picnic basket, portable fridge and wifey's wok.
I think you could get that in a MY frunk. You can get a smoker in the CT frunk from the look of those photos. ;-)
Sponsored

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Its my version of a flattened Yoke

CYBRSMTH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Country flag
And a look at the new wheelset - I like

F891D654-2859-4BC6-997E-DDD170D9409B.jpeg
Is this really the frunk size? It looks so… minuscule. You might be able to fit a tool box in there. Did Tesla completely forget about the frunk, so they could focus on a 6’ bed, while lopping off the front of the vehicle, so it would fit in a garage?! I don’t know about these design decisions. Something doesn’t seem right. People love frunks, especially the novelty of having it on a pickup truck.

CYBRSMTH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Country flag
Something has to give, so they decided its the frunk.

Everyone has a different use case, I doubt if most potential customers had the larger Frunk as their highest priority.

But they had asked me, push comes to shove, I would have gone the same way.

As a recreational user, I would regret not having the room in the back for tents, BBQ, tables, fishing gear etc, and I would appreciate the spacious cabin and the views from the cockpit.

I think theres enough room at the front to make to do for picnic basket, portable fridge and wifey's wok.
I think more people would use the frunk than the vault on a regular basis. When you put things in the bed of a truck they slide around and you have to get up in the bed to retrieve them. Having a decent frunk on a pickup was groundbreaking. Luckily the rear seats fold up to create more storage in the cab. This was a weird design decision, if true.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Is this really the frunk size? It looks so… minuscule. You might be able to fit a tool box in there.
Looks like I could fit a chain saw and recovery kit there easy. I don't know what you're saying is minuscule. It's a frunk, basically bonus storage.

-Crissa

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
The Frunk was a revolutionary idea but Tesla is playing 4d chess.

Tesla Cybertruck New leaked video! Many Cybertrucks production completed w/ new wheel design + finished frunks! 1691235026794

Introducing the Cyber Attic
Who needs a Frunk when you have the Mothers Attic on our dashes. We have liter upon liter of storage up there.
Tesla Cybertruck New leaked video! Many Cybertrucks production completed w/ new wheel design + finished frunks! 1691235106841

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Lightning is 400 liters?
Then CT probably closer to 200 or 250 max

If the rumors about shrunk CT from original prototype is true, then that's part of the lost volume, along with extra stuff like heatpump, air suspension and big HEPA filters.
From what we can tell the air suspension reservoir is not located in the front end. Also, If you look at the empty volume behind the Lightning's frunk they could conceivably fit a HEPA filter and heat pump there if they wanted.

Is this really the frunk size? It looks so… minuscule. You might be able to fit a tool box in there. Did Tesla completely forget about the frunk, so they could focus on a 6’ bed, while lopping off the front of the vehicle, so it would fit in a garage?! I don’t know about these design decisions. Something doesn’t seem right. People love frunks, especially the novelty of having it on a pickup truck.
I don't think it was a good call either, especially if the ~4-5" they took off in favor of garageability would have otherwise allowed for better packaging of that equipment.

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
It looks more like 3 liters. That frunk is not practical at all. Did Tesla take a page from Hyundai/Kia? Also why are we measuring things in liters and not cubic feet?
Bjorn would disagree.
B A N A N A B O X E S
Sponsored