Tesla Model X
Country flag

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
Looks like frunk dimensions are a roughly 14”x16” triangle with pretty decent width.
It's a little triangular on the ends and rectangular in the center.
Front inside lip of 1.5"-2"?

Video link (URL) work? ie. video. twimg. com -- right-click change playback speed to x0.25

qc3fHtt.jpg

IjCCzsW.jpg

Tesla early frunk design ... with area under the dash ... would have been great on the CT!!
jexUAot.jpg

ninja6r

First Name
Ninja6r
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, nissan leaf
Occupation
pass
Country flag
It's a little triangular on the ends and rectangular in the center.
Front inside lip of 1.5"-2"?

Video link (URL) work? ie. video. twimg. com -- right-click change playback speed to x0.25

qc3fHtt.jpg

IjCCzsW.jpg

Tesla early frunk design ... with area under the dash ... would have been great on the CT!!
jexUAot.jpg
I think with the shape of the car, they didn't have a choice on frunk design. It would have been small no matter what. If they wanted to prioritize frunk space, they'd have to redesign the whole vehicle, imo. A more traditional, square front-end like the Lightning lends itself perfectly for the perfect frunk. I think Tesla did the best they could. I'm glad it hip-level and not shoulder-level like the Rivian.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
I think with the shape of the car, they didn't have a choice on frunk design. It would have been small no matter what. If they wanted to prioritize frunk space, they'd have to redesign the whole vehicle, imo. A more traditional, square front-end like the Lightning lends itself perfectly for the perfect frunk. I think Tesla did the best they could. I'm glad it hip-level and not shoulder-level like the Rivian.
there's lots of space for a bigger frunk, but they're using that space for other things; motors, air suspension, etc.

Cenakaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
you think that is the size of 3/4 of a Lightning Frunk?
Lightning is 400 liters?
Then CT probably closer to 200 or 250 max
If the rumors about shrunk CT from original prototype is true, then that's part of the lost volume, along with extra stuff like heatpump, air suspension and big HEPA filters.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Good point... getting a few ready for the crash test and wade pool!
I hear these have learned how to swim well enough to graduate from the wading poll to the adult swimming pool.

ninja6r

First Name
Ninja6r
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, nissan leaf
Occupation
pass
Country flag
Lightning is 400 liters?
Then CT probably closer to 200 or 250 max

If the rumors about shrunk CT from original prototype is true, then that's part of the lost volume, along with extra stuff like heatpump, air suspension and big HEPA filters.
A couple of inches wouldn't matter much, imo. It's the shape. That long, sloping glass windshield did them in. I think the HEPA filter is still there. No matter, we're getting closer! At this rate, they'll have probably 50-100 built by the end of August.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag

Cenakaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
A couple of inches wouldn't matter much, imo. It's the shape. That long, sloping glass windshield did them in. I think the HEPA filter is still there. No matter, we're getting closer! At this rate, they'll have probably 50-100 built by the end of August.
Windshield doesn't really matter. If they removed the heatpump and whatnot they could then stretch the frunk back under the dash

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
you think that is the size of 3/4 of a Lightning Frunk?
If it's only the size of the hood and that depth down to the bumper it looks like it will be around 350l. It will be a bit awkward to load it properly though with the opening like that, because to get to use all the volume you will have to stack it quite high. Might need a box or two.

I wonder why they need all that space under the dash, if the radiator is under the frunk floor.
I want my 400l! :)

PS looks like there will be some unusable volume in front of the frunk lip towards the grill as well. Hmm weird packaging IMHO.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Something has to give, so they decided its the frunk.

Everyone has a different use case, I doubt if most potential customers had the larger Frunk as their highest priority.

But they had asked me, push comes to shove, I would have gone the same way.

As a recreational user, I would regret not having the room in the back for tents, BBQ, tables, fishing gear etc, and I would appreciate the spacious cabin and the views from the cockpit.

I think theres enough room at the front to make to do for picnic basket, portable fridge and wifey's wok.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
If it's only the size of the hood and that depth down to the bumper it looks like it will be around 350l. It will be a bit awkward to load it properly though with the opening like that, because to get to use all the volume you will have to stack it quite high. Might need a box or two.

I wonder why they need all that space under the dash, if the radiator is under the frunk floor.
I want my 400l! :)

PS looks like there will be some unusable volume in front of the frunk lip towards the grill as well. Hmm weird packaging IMHO.
Yea agree. (as a layman)

Tis why I pondered shelf storage from the inside.
Sponsored