CYBRSMTH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Country flag
Won't be available for order until October.
Won’t be available for order until October in China and Europe. The US will have to wait. No performance model listed yet, but they’re working on it.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Just wondering if you have pushed the roller to activate voice control and just ask the car to put on the wipers?

TopicCommand
Apps and Settings"Open browser/phone/camera/lock settings..."

"Search Google for the weather..."

"Go to tesla.com..."
Car Controls"Activate sentry mode"

"Increase screen brightness"

"Turn on windshield wipers/increase wiper speed"

"Fold/unfold side mirrors"

"Open charge port"

"Lock doors"
Climate Controls"Set the temperature/fan..."

"Turn on the air conditioning/dog mode/camp mode..."

"Make it warmer"

"Set the driver’s seat warmer to..."

"Decrease fan speed..."

"I’m cold"

"Turn on recirculate"
Navigation"Go home/to work/to the airport..."

"Navigate to 45500 Fremont Blvd..."

"Take me to the school/the park..."

"Zoom in"

"Turn on satellite mode/traffic..."

"Display Superchargers/Destination Chargers..."

"Stop navigation"

"Mute voice guidance"
Phone"Call home/Franz/Syd..."

"Text message David"
Media"Open music, Netflix/YouTube..."

"Play..."

"Search for..."

"Mute media"

CYBRSMTH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Country flag
Gear shift is AI plus screen. Likely to be a real PITA.
I think they’re talking about haptic buttons on the rear view mirror as well, in case the screen goes out and you can’t switch gears.

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3 P, R1T QM, R1S QM, Zero S ZF, Cyberbeast
Occupation
Electric Bum
Country flag
No more fog lights, it seems : (

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
I think they’re talking about haptic buttons on the rear view mirror as well, in case the screen goes out and you can’t switch gears.
There are a couple videos that show the alternate gear selection and hazard lights on a small panel above the rear view mirror. Supposedly only shows up when needed.

Knucklehead

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Selling accessories that allow us to add physical buttons and stalks is a great idea. Tesla can make money on selling the parts, and we can personalize our cars exactly like we want them.

I am also skeptical regarding the loss of a physical drive selector, but I am willing to see if the approach really works or not. Mostly I am worried about emergency maneuvers that are rare but when they occur require moving the car in a direction the car doesn't think it should go. It is one thing to be inconvenienced because it is hard to select the drive mode, but in an emergency when seconds could save a life or reduce the chance of severe injury I want to be able to force the car in any direction I need to go regardless of what the car thinks.

Setok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Defender
Country flag
Yes there are apparently haptic buttons on the roof. Being haptic they will still be unusable without looking, and that position is awkward, so not a real replacement for the stalk.

CYBRSMTH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Country flag
This is
Yes there are apparently haptic buttons on the roof. Being haptic they will still be unusable without looking, and that position is awkward, so not a real replacement for the stalk.
Yeah, Elon is hellbent on making FSD a reality. Even if that means removing everything from the car before they achieve it!

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Yukon XL
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag
No more fog lights, it seems : (
The number of vehicle/years I've had fog lights (1972-present): 135 Vehicle Years
Number of operating hours I've used fog lights (very generous guess): Less than 100 hours

I'm probably in the minority, but I don't even care if fog lights are on a vehicle I own. I might not even notice.

That said, I'll bet there are fog lights installed on the Cybertruck, or a fog light function is somehow provided.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
You should never be using them without the car being not in motion.

-Crissa

PS, I live where I hit thick fog pretty frequently. So thick that dew constantly builds up on my visor and tank or windshield and car.

Fog lights were pretty useful in the 80s. Today with HID LED lights? Not really. I can barely tell when I turn on the fog lights, but mostly, they do nothing. And they don't really help with fog.

Setok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Defender
Country flag
You should never be using them without the car being not in motion.

-Crissa

PS, I live where I hit thick fog pretty frequently. So thick that dew constantly builds up on my visor and tank or windshield and car.

Fog lights were pretty useful in the 80s. Today with HID LED lights? Not really. I can barely tell when I turn on the fog lights, but mostly, they do nothing. And they don't really help with fog.
To get out of thick snow, doing forward/back moves while not stopping is The Way.

I too have had almost no use for front fog lights. Rear ones are essential though (and a legal requirement here).

JWass

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Another argument for going stalkless is…
Changing the stall positions requires you to lift your hand off the wheel or at least move it significantly. With capacitive buttons on the wheel changing indicators will work the same way changing volume for the radio. Seems like an improvement in safety.

Now I understand that changing gear requires you to still remove your hand but so does having a shifter. I believe though that they will try to build that into the system to do it for you….in time.

That’s the beauty of using UI on screen. It can be updated and adapted like our phones and computers. Adding or removing features and improving functionality.

JWass

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
To get out of thick snow, doing forward/back moves while not stopping is The Way.

I too have had almost no use for front fog lights. Rear ones are essential though (and a legal requirement here).
I think someone mentioned this earlier. I imagine having a forward/backward motion built into the software to help you get out of snow, mud, etc. can be added and tweaked pretty easily.
Maybe suggest it on X/Twitter. Elon responds well to good suggestions like this.
Sponsored