First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Country flag
Anyone in Michigan here take delivery?
Wondering where this happens as Tesla does not sell in Michigan. Thinking maybe Chicago.

ISs there a way to see where this will happen prior to VIN and pickup date scheduler
Sponsored

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Wondering where this happens as Tesla does not sell in Michigan. Thinking maybe Chicago.

ISs there a way to see where this will happen prior to VIN and pickup date scheduler
I believe that it is out of state. There are delivery centers in Chicago and Cleveland.

I don't believe there is a way, except to find out from others.

OP
OP

Dvldogg05

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Country flag
I believe that it is out of state. There are delivery centers in Chicago and Cleveland.

I don't believe there is a way, except to find out from others.
Yea I'm thinking Chicago then. Hopefully soon I guess no way to know for now.

Any Michigan buyers here?

mongo

Threads
Reaction score
Country flag

Got mine in Ann Arbor, DirtyTesla got his in Clarkston. The title transfer needs to happen out of state so you pay before delivery. Other than that, it's normal.

Sparky62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Ranger
Country flag

They do deliveries here in Grand Rapids at the Tesla dealer/shop location. I’ve seen two on the road and spoken to one happy owner. I dropped my reservation, but I saw one in the showroom and one outside waiting on delivery.

OP
OP

Dvldogg05

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Country flag
Got mine in Ann Arbor, DirtyTesla got his in Clarkston. The title transfer needs to happen out of state so you pay before delivery. Other than that, it's normal.
Ah okay. Did yours seem longer than others?
I'm wondering if us Michigan folks take a hit because of it. Do you recall the "fee" for the transfer? So did they deliver to you or how did that happen? maybe dm :)

mongo

Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
Ah okay. Did yours seem longer than others?
I'm wondering if us Michigan folks take a hit because of it. Do you recall the "fee" for the transfer? So did they deliver to you or how did that happen? maybe dm :)
Plate transfer on my trade in was a hassle. They had to run that manually so finance documents had the wrong amount. Still working on getting that back.
Reserved day/hour 1, confirmed Beast in mid December, VIN early May, delivery mid-May. Picked it up on a Saturday at the store. Easy peasy!

OP
OP

Dvldogg05

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Country flag
Plate transfer on my trade in was a hassle. They had to run that manually so finance documents had the wrong amount. Still working on getting that back.
Reserved day/hour 1, confirmed Beast in mid December, VIN early May, delivery mid-May. Picked it up on a Saturday at the store. Easy peasy!
When you say "at the store" what is that exactly? Maybe I didn't know there was Tesla in Michigan...

mongo

Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
When you say "at the store" what is that exactly? Maybe I didn't know there was Tesla in Michigan...
Tesla has stores, service & delivery in Ann Arbor, Clarkston, and Grand Rapids.
Plus a couple gallery locations.

jsquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT AWD
Country flag
I took delivery in Grand Rapids as have plenty others. You shouldn’t have any issues. I do believe though that the vehicle has to be paid for before it crosses into the state. I am not 100% certain though, so I would call and verify.

Boyne

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 MX, 2022 M3, 2024 CT
Occupation
Retired Naval Officer
Country flag
I picked up my CT FS at Grand Rapids Tesla Service Center on 17 May. I picked it up with my MI plates already on the car and it was fully registered in MI. This is the third Tesla I have purchased in MI and only the first, an MX 100D 2018 was picked up in Chicago. Tesla has several Service Centers in MI, one near Detroit, one in Ann Arbor and the other in Grand Rapids. I hope someday they will open a service center in Traverse City, fingers crossed.

OP
OP

Dvldogg05

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Country flag
I picked up my CT FS at Grand Rapids Tesla Service Center on 17 May. I picked it up with my MI plates already on the car and it was fully registered in MI. This is the third Tesla I have purchased in MI and only the first, an MX 100D 2018 was picked up in Chicago. Tesla has several Service Centers in MI, one near Detroit, one in Ann Arbor and the other in Grand Rapids. I hope someday they will open a service center in Traverse City, fingers crossed.
If I'm not transferring a plate but getting new you think this will be fine ya

shocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt, Silverado,
Occupation
Retired scientist
Country flag
Yesterday, went into Clarkson, signed two documents, handed key cards, on my way. Beast is beastly.
Sponsored