shocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt, Silverado,
Occupation
Retired scientist
Country flag
I got a vin today, the 31st. I got the first notification when I opened the app to check on my other car, flipped to the ct page and the vision system accept form was there. Did that, and next thing was insurance with Cybertruck 92xx.
Sponsored

TickTock

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3; 2018 Model S; 2023 F-150 LIghtning
Country flag
I configured my Beast 1-9. Not expecting a VIN until 2025.
Why? There are beast out there so seems like they are making them
Noone is sure why but they are not making Beasts as quickly. Tesla is saying Oct-Nov estimated delivery which, in Tesla-speak, means some time next year.

Ronb

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
I got a vin today, the 31st. I got the first notification when I opened the app to check on my other car, flipped to the ct page and the vision system accept form was there. Did that, and next thing was insurance with Cybertruck 92xx.
Man that sucks! This waiting game is a bitch! Well good luck to you Sir and I hope you get the text tomorrow with your VIN

DoberManPin-Sure

First Name
Dober
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram TRX / Foundation Edition Cyberbeast
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Why? There are beast out there so seems like they are making them
They're definitely making them, but I don't know in what quantities relative to the AWDs.

The first Beast in the Houston area I'm aware of (sometime prior to early March) was via Tesla's employee program. (BTW, that one doesn't have the white interior accents.) The others that are certainly out there by now are probably owned by the earliest to make deposits when Tesla first started accepting them . . . now years ago. I was pretty quick to make my deposit, but don't recall being Day 1. I may have further delayed mine a bit thanks to the change to tactical grey, but zero regrets on that decision. The ones in question here would be "jumping the line" if they were Beasts, which is why the AWD assumption. Doesn't really matter. Happy for everyone getting theirs and hope everyone does ASAP.

GTMcDaniel

First Name
Bobbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
subaru: forrester, outback
Occupation
retired
Country flag
On the Tesla app, I'm getting the message to do the final payment, but I haven't got the vin yet. I'm in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida and I can't get a Tesla advisor to call back or send an email to communicate with anyone In Tesla. Thanks to anyone who can help me get my Cybertruck.

OP
OP

daddyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
On the Tesla app, I'm getting the message to do the final payment, but I haven't got the vin yet. I'm in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida and I can't get a Tesla advisor to call back or send an email to communicate with anyone In Tesla. Thanks to anyone who can help me get my Cybertruck.
Unfortunately I read and have experienced by attempting that getting a Tesla rep on the phone is near impossible. If you want any answers you have to drive to the closest dealership or service center and wait around for a manager to come out of his office lol. Tesla seems to have amazing cars. And terrible customer service. You most likely have a VIN. The app didn’t open up for submitting a final payment for me until after VIN was assigned.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Noone is sure why but they are not making Beasts as quickly. Tesla is saying Oct-Nov estimated delivery which, in Tesla-speak, means some time next year.
Tesla's time estimates are not always wildly optimistic, they are all over the board. Tesla needs to pay off the huge development costs of bringing an entirely new platform to market so people who ordered Beasts, and are willing to pay the Foundation Series premium, will likely get them this year, before they stop making Foundation Series.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Tesla seems to have amazing cars. And terrible customer service.
An automaker with amazing products, and offering superior value, will always have a lot of customers.

But, no matter how excellent customer service is, an automaker with mediocre products and poor value, will struggle to grow their business, even with the most kiss-ass customer service in the world. People don't want smoke blown up their ass, they want a great car that is easy to live with. People will fight to get one of those. That's why Tesla doesn't spend a lot of money giving you easy access to someone to talk to. When you want a new Tesla, especially one in such high demand, it's better to just put your patience cap on and know that you will get yours when you get it.

If that's too much uncertainty in your life, you can go buy a Ford F-150, GM Silverado or Dodge Ram off the lot. They will probably even act like they are your friend! ;)

PeterOT

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model S, 2023 Model Y, Cybertruck
Country flag
Same here. Got VIN assigned today. No message just randomly checked the app....
Invite: 5/22
Configured: 5/23
VIN assigned: 5/30
Congrats! Have you gotten delivery date yet? Will you be picking it up at the Sunnyvale SS?
I picked mine up at Sunnyvale. The truck was clean and no issues to report.

CTofLosGatos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3LR, Audi S5, CT
Occupation
beautifulcycles.com
Country flag
Congrats! Have you gotten delivery date yet? Will you be picking it up at the Sunnyvale SS?
I picked mine up at Sunnyvale. The truck was clean and no issues to report.
No didn't get the dates yet. I went to Santana Row Tesla showroom and inquired and they were able to show me a map view that the truck is still being built in Austin Giga and will take couple of weeks to be here in Sunnyvale SS. But congrats to you and happy that it is smooth.

PeterOT

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model S, 2023 Model Y, Cybertruck
Country flag
No didn't get the dates yet. I went to Santana Row Tesla showroom and inquired and they were able to show me a map view that the truck is still being built in Austin Giga and will take couple of weeks to be here in Sunnyvale SS. But congrats to you and happy that it is smooth.
Is Santana Row allowing people to get in the truck yet? When I was there in December there was a rope around it and you could only look from a distance.

I assume you are in Los Gatos based on your username. I'm near the border of Saratoga/Cupertino and SJ.

CTofLosGatos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3LR, Audi S5, CT
Occupation
beautifulcycles.com
Country flag
Is Santana Row allowing people to get in the truck yet? When I was there in December there was a rope around it and you could only look from a distance.

I assume you are in Los Gatos based on your username. I'm near the border of Saratoga/Cupertino and SJ.
Yes I'm in Los Gatos/Campbell Area. Santana Row is allowing people to sit and experience since late February. Did you go with white or grey interior.

chadtcole

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado 2500HD
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
I configured my Beast 1-9. Not expecting a VIN until 2025.
I have to turn down my beast VIN and the truck is already at the Glendale dealership. Noticed you are in Phx, so maybe this will be passed on to you! I did a writeup about the situation this morning.
Sponsored