Bed Panel Flew Off

CTnoir

Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
I was leaving home this morning, opened the vault to put my lunchbox, when I got to work and went to open the vault, I couldn’t find the buttons or the panel it was mounted to. I’m assuming it flew off on the freeway. I hope it didn’t hit anyone. Now that’s concerning!!
IMG_8645.jpeg
Sponsored

jsongster

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model X, 2020 Model Y
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Worth deouble checking yours and carrying a roll of black duct tape in case you notice it getting loose or popping up at all. Keep an eye on the door arch stainless panel at its ends.. if it is moving check the nuts just behind the ends and snug them up and make an appt to have sevice center realign and loctite those babies.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Worth deouble checking yours and carrying a roll of black duct tape in case you notice it getting loose or popping up at all. Keep an eye on the door arch stainless panel at its ends.. if it is moving check the nuts just behind the ends and snug them up and make an appt to have sevice center realign and loctite those babies.
It's held with adhesive and clips, no nuts.

I don't think it'd hurt me on a bike any more than a bit of tree but yeah, who wants to litter?

-Crissa

OP
OP
CTnoir

CTnoir

Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
I believe this is the 3rd time this issue has been posted to this forum? Maybe there are more. I am guessing another recall might be coming. This could kill someone on a motorcycle.
You’re right, I believe that is a safety issue for other motorists

OP
OP
CTnoir

CTnoir

Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
It's held with adhesive and clips, no nuts.

I don't think it'd hurt me on a bike any more than a bit of tree but yeah, who wants to litter?

-Crissa
The length of that panel I think it’s dangerous. I felt bad when I realized I was just on the freeway. Hopefully it didn’t hurt anyone

Reactions: Jow

CTofLosGatos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Audi S5
Country flag
I was leaving home this morning, opened the vault to put my lunchbox, when I got to work and went to open the vault, I couldn’t find the buttons or the panel it was mounted to. I’m assuming it flew off on the freeway. I hope it didn’t hit anyone. Now that’s concerning!!
IMG_8645.jpeg
How do you even report or claim it???

Reactions: Jow

TimeOut

Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
How do you even report or claim it???
In my 2019 M3LR I ran over a tire fragment from a semi and tore off a plastic piece under the car. I when into the app, described what happened. They asked for pictures through the app. A couple days later Tesla mobile repair showed up at the house, replaced it and left. Didn't charge me anything, even though it was 100% my fault for not avoiding the tire fragment.

So, I'd just report it through the 'service' option in the app.

DerekCyber80s

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Yeah mine came off. You could see the factory employees didn’t use the tape that was in there. It still had the protective non stick cover on all the tape. The clips alone don’t do the job I guess. Take a pic of it and tesla service will fix it. It took a couple hours and I had my truck back.