Pops

Pops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY, CyberBeast
Country flag
Any issue getting parts?
No, but they sat on it for 1 week before they did anything. They did say "The parts are not in our estimating software yet". So they did not give me the estimate until after they completed all the work and the truck was ready. They had it 2 weeks.

OP
OP
Pops

Pops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY, CyberBeast
Country flag
Ya'll want backup sensors and auto braking? We have a MASSIVE backup camera/screen. When the zombies come, I don't want my truck auto-braking before I back over them walkers.
You're not wrong, but this is not a case where less is more. The car was clearly visible in both the mirrors and the camera, but my wife was distracted. Rear sensors or an audio warning would have likely prevented this accident.

Tesla saved <$15 making my CT by not paying for the sensors. The repairs for this accident including both vehicles are about $5000.

Last edited:

84Apollo3

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
If you
Sorry to see this and good on you guys for leaving a note. A couple of times now in my parking garage at work I’ve been so focused on lining up the lines (in the side view mirrors) that I’m not very focused on the rear of the car. No taps yet, but definitely some near misses. Kind of wish it had an auto-brake for times like yours (and almost mine). That’s one place where I feel like my other vehicles, especially my Volvos, have helped from time to time.

If it does indeed have this feature I guess I’ve never gotten truly close enough for it to kick in.
use the center screen you see the parking lines in both side view cameras and the rear camera all at the same time and huge on the center screen. This should not be an issue at all.

Electric Metal

Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
So I let my better half drive the CT for the first time. I explicitly told her to "not crash my baby". Less than 1 hour later I get a call that she crashed into another car. I love my wife to death and we all make mistakes so I am not mad. I feel horrible for the other person. We left a note and the other partly already reached out and we are working to make them whole again. Unfortunately they couldn't even open the door after this.

I am only posting this to show what to expect with a low speed accident for a "normal car" vs the CT.

UPDATE: Total cost to fix the CT at a Tesla owned repair shop was:
Parts (new plastic bumper and clips): $510
Labor (5.86 hours): $468.80
Discount on parts: -$255
Total: $744.84

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-10 at 16.14.31_5a781dec.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2024-05-10 at 16.14.31_ff2052cd.jpg
20240511_185243.jpg
20240511_185248.jpg
Actually not that bad of a price. Doesn’t seem outrageously high. On par with any other car.

rizvend

First Name
JAKEMBL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybrtrk, aptera reserved
Occupation
Nurse Informaticist
Country flag
So I let my better half drive the CT for the first time. I explicitly told her to "not crash my baby". Less than 1 hour later I get a call that she crashed into another car. I love my wife to death and we all make mistakes so I am not mad. I feel horrible for the other person. We left a note and the other partly already reached out and we are working to make them whole again. Unfortunately they couldn't even open the door after this.

I am only posting this to show what to expect with a low speed accident for a "normal car" vs the CT.

UPDATE: Total cost to fix the CT at a Tesla owned repair shop was:
Parts (new plastic bumper and clips): $510
Labor (5.86 hours): $468.80
Discount on parts: -$255
Total: $744.84

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-10 at 16.14.31_5a781dec.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2024-05-10 at 16.14.31_ff2052cd.jpg
20240511_185243.jpg
20240511_185248.jpg
I almost believed you typed that with a straight face but so many benefits of the doubt to be given. 😉 kidsing aside glad no one got hurt and not as expensive as it could have been.

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Soon to be... 2024 AWD Cybertruck!
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
How and why aren't backup alarm sensors not standard in all Teslas? This feature has been around for quite some time in some not so premium vehicles.

akenis

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 MYLR and (Apr-Jun CT AWD)
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
I think we'll get the park assist visualization when FSD comes. Probably even autopark. Works well on the Y.

For now I always use the button to pull up the camera screen....even when I nose in to parking. It displays guide lines like a backup camera.

At first, when I nose in parked, I would stop about 4 feet away from the curb!!! Such an oddity and visual illusion. With the front up camera I can go right up to the curb, but feel like I'm going way past it.

TWRAPS

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD
Country flag
How and why aren't backup alarm sensors not standard in all Teslas? This feature has been around for quite some time in some not so premium vehicles.
They used to have them but a few years ago started removing them from their vehicles, and instead relying on Tesla Vision - basically the cameras analyze the surroundings to give you the same information that you'd otherwise get from the sensors. Not sure it's as accurate and reliable though and also not currently available on the CT. My wife has a Model 3 Highland though and on hers the surroundings are rendered rather well, although I don't drive it often and don't know if that's something you can rely on.
In other words, if unsure just turn the music down when parking/backing out so you can hear when it was a second too late 😂

OP
OP
Pops

Pops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY, CyberBeast
Country flag
Unfortunately Tesla learned from Apple. They asked themselves, "how many features can we remove and still charge the same price or more?".

Some of the hardware victims are:
  • Ultrasonic sensors
  • Instrument panels
  • Steering column stalks
  • Rain sensors
They have tried to replace some of those things with software solutions, but I think for the most part they have failed in every case to even match the functionality, let alone improve it.

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3 P, R1T QM, R1S QM, Zero S ZF, Cyberbeast
Occupation
Electric Bum
Country flag
Your poor Cybertruck 😭
I know a really good divorce lawyer incase you have a change of heart 😏
Sponsored