Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
makerspacedude.etsy.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Phasma came back yesterday from Layers by HRS in Addison, TX with the 3M brushed metallic titanium vinyl wrap.

*Update* After doing a photoshoot, it seems the driver's side door wrap may have been installed counter direction to the directional wrap that's applied to the rest of the truck which causes a different shade to appear (also mentioned by some of you) I also noticed some warping on the hood. After notifying the shop, they insist the wrap was applied together at the same time and in the same direction so there is no way the door could have been wrapped in another direction.

Material:
3M 2080 Brushed Titanium Vinyl Wrap | BR230
Ordered a 5ft x 75ft roll as requested by the shop. There is an Avery version that's similar and slightly cheaper but 3M seems to be of higher quality IMO
https://metrorestyling.com/products...-vinyl-wrap-br230?_pos=1&_sid=b1ac3a0b3&_ss=r

Reasoning:
Since I prefer the OEM bare metal look, I chose this color as it closely resembles the original color of the Cybertruck's stainless steel plus provided a brushed texture on the vinyl to further reduce finger prints. There are also other color options available for the same brushed material in black, aluminum, and steel. A clear PPF may have also worked but it would have been more expensive plus I'm not happy with the exact condition of the stainless steel's surfaces from Tesla despite the service center's polishing of different panels so a clear PPF would have revealed those imperfections. At least there are no more fingerprint issues. 🎉

Result:
Since the material has a brushed metal texture, it provides a satin finish that is neither gloss nor matte. There is a sheen under brighter lighting conditions while it appears more subdued and dark-gray-concrete-like in dimmer lighting. I'll attach some pictures of both for reference.

I opted for only the Foundation part of the Foundation Series logo under the wrap for the embossed effect, since the Series part is smaller in size and would have been less legibile with a wrap texture on top. While it is missing the Series part, I think the solo Foundation letters provides simplicity and clarity.

Overall I'm excited it's retained the original Cybertruck's aesthetic and dare I say added a slight improvement IMO.

P.S. if you're diggin' the Cybertruck graffiti vanity plate or the silhouette license plate frame, they can be found here :)
Silhouette frame: https://makerspacedude.etsy.com/listing/1705864246/cybertruck-silhouette-stainless-steel
Graffiti vanity plate: https://makerspacedude.etsy.com/listing/1742476153/cybertruck-graffiti-vanity-decorative

Tesla Cybertruck 3M Brushed Metallic Titanium Wrap Installed IMG_6597

Tesla Cybertruck 3M Brushed Metallic Titanium Wrap Installed IMG_6607

Tesla Cybertruck 3M Brushed Metallic Titanium Wrap Installed IMG_6604

Tesla Cybertruck 3M Brushed Metallic Titanium Wrap Installed IMG_6599

Tesla Cybertruck 3M Brushed Metallic Titanium Wrap Installed IMG_6606

Tesla Cybertruck 3M Brushed Metallic Titanium Wrap Installed IMG_6603

Tesla Cybertruck 3M Brushed Metallic Titanium Wrap Installed IMG_6598

Tesla Cybertruck 3M Brushed Metallic Titanium Wrap Installed IMG_6601

Tesla Cybertruck 3M Brushed Metallic Titanium Wrap Installed IMG_6608

Tesla Cybertruck 3M Brushed Metallic Titanium Wrap Installed IMG_6592

Tesla Cybertruck 3M Brushed Metallic Titanium Wrap Installed IMG_6586

Tesla Cybertruck 3M Brushed Metallic Titanium Wrap Installed IMG_6192
Sponsored

Last edited:

Electric Metal

Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
Phasma came back yesterday from Layers by HRS in Addison, TX with the 3M brushed metallic titanium vinyl wrap.

Material:
3M 2080 Brushed Titanium Vinyl Wrap | BR230
Ordered a 5ft x 75ft roll as requested by the shop. There is an Avery version that's similar and slightly cheaper but 3M seems to be of higher quality IMO
https://metrorestyling.com/products...-vinyl-wrap-br230?_pos=1&_sid=b1ac3a0b3&_ss=r

Price:
Full disclosure, Layers by HRS performed the labor for free on this wrap job. They offered their vinyl materials but since I preferred this particular 3M material, I purchased the vinyl material myself. However they are willing to wrap Cybertrucks for $3000 with color vinyl included or $4500 for PPF. https://www.layersbyhrs.com/

Reasoning:
Since I prefer the OEM bare metal look, I chose this color as it closely resembles the original color of the Cybertruck's stainless steel plus provided a brushed texture on the vinyl to further reduce finger prints. There are also other color options available for the same brushed material in black, aluminum, and steel. A clear PPF may have also worked but it would have been more expensive plus I'm not happy with the exact condition of the stainless steel's surfaces from Tesla despite the service center's polishing of different panels so a clear PPF would have revealed those imperfections. At least there are no more fingerprint issues. 🎉

Result:
Since the material has a brushed metal texture, it provides a satin finish that is neither gloss nor matte. There is a sheen under brighter lighting conditions while it appears more subdued and dark-gray-concrete-like in dimmer lighting. I'll attach some pictures of both for reference.

I opted for only the Foundation part of the Foundation Series logo under the wrap for the embossed effect, since the Series part is smaller in size and would have been less legibile with a wrap texture on top. While it is missing the Series part, I think the solo Foundation letters provides simplicity and clarity.

Overall I'm excited it's retained the original Cybertruck's aesthetic and dare I say added a slight improvement IMO.

P.S. if you're diggin' the Cybertruck graffiti vanity plate or the silhouette license plate frame, they can be found here :)
Silhouette frame: https://makerspacedude.etsy.com/listing/1705864246/cybertruck-silhouette-stainless-steel
Graffiti vanity plate: https://makerspacedude.etsy.com/listing/1742476153/cybertruck-graffiti-vanity-decorative

IMG_6597.jpg

IMG_6607.jpg

IMG_6604.jpg

IMG_6599.jpg

IMG_6606.jpg

IMG_6603.jpg

IMG_6598.jpg

IMG_6601.jpg

IMG_6608.jpg

IMG_6592.jpg

IMG_6586.jpg
Exactly the way it is supposed to look. First Class wrap

OP
OP
getsometom

getsometom

Site Sponsor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
makerspacedude.etsy.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Looks good, but they seemed to have inverted or mixed up the order of the driver side door panel.
I'm not sure if I understand what you mean. Would you mind explaining it a bit further?

OP
OP
getsometom

getsometom

Site Sponsor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
makerspacedude.etsy.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
That looks awesome! How did they do the embossing? Did they put a die cut decal under the wrap? I've not seen that before!
Yes, a decal vinyl shape was cut and placed onto the same location as the Foundation Series logo then wrapped over.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
If I was going to wrap this would be my #1 choice. It has shark skin appearance to my eyes.

Your CT's panel fitment looks near perfect from what I can see in the photos.

Similar to a nudist my future Cybertruck will be left el natural 😁

Last edited:

OP
OP
getsometom

getsometom

Site Sponsor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
makerspacedude.etsy.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
If I was going to wrap this would be my #1 choice. It has shark skin appearance to my eyes.

Your CT's panel fitment looks near perfect from what I can see in the photos.

Similar to a nudist my future Cybertruck will be left el natural 😁
Completely understand the shark skin reference. I can see the similarity.

My panel fitments have been adjusted from the most recent SC visit. There was a list of 32 issues they tackled from delivery, some of which were fitment.

RickJ19Zeta8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-Motor Cybertruck (soon_TM), Model 3
Country flag
Yes, a decal vinyl shape was cut and placed onto the same location as the Foundation Series logo then wrapped over.
Did you happen to be traveling today up near Minnesota I90? I saw this exact color and config headed towards WI, California plates.

Kahpernicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Country flag
I'm not sure if I understand what you mean. Would you mind explaining it a bit further?
Texture vinyls are a little finicky with orientation. So if you don't follow the roll direction along with the panels they can look a little different.

Only noticed it on the driver's door. Might not be as bad in person.

OP
OP
getsometom

getsometom

Site Sponsor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
makerspacedude.etsy.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Did you happen to be traveling today up near Minnesota I90? I saw this exact color and config headed towards WI, California plates.
Hmmm that’s sus. Must be an imposter.

Tesla Cybertruck 3M Brushed Metallic Titanium Wrap Installed IMG_6614

OP
OP
getsometom

getsometom

Site Sponsor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
makerspacedude.etsy.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Texture vinyls are a little finicky with orientation. So if you don't follow the roll direction along with the panels they can look a little different.

Only noticed it on the driver's door. Might not be as bad in person.
I took some more shots of the doors from the drivers side. I don’t see much of a difference but I’m not sure what to look for.

Tesla Cybertruck 3M Brushed Metallic Titanium Wrap Installed IMG_6618

Tesla Cybertruck 3M Brushed Metallic Titanium Wrap Installed IMG_6619
Sponsored