Ntg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation Cybertruck Beast
Country flag
Over 11k Cybertrucks have been recalled due to the wiper motor potentially having electrical overstress.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2024/TESLA/CYBERTRUCK/PU%2FCC/AWD

https://www.reuters.com/business/au...cybertruck-electric-pickup-trucks-2024-06-25/

Tesla recalls thousands of Cybertrucks over windshield wiper, exterior trim issues

June 25, 2024

June 25 (Reuters) - Tesla is recalling 11,688 Cybertruck electric pickup trucks as a failure of the windshield wiper could reduce visibility, increasing the risk of a crash, the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) said.

The EV maker also is recalling 11,383 units of the pickup truck as a trim in the trunk bed could have been improperly attached, potentially becoming loose and creating a road hazard for motorists behind, a separate notice from the NHTSA said.

"Excessive electrical current can cause the front windshield wiper motor controller to fail," the auto safety regulator said in a recall acknowledgement letter on Monday.
The company's service team will replace the wiper motor and apply an adhesion promoter and pressure sensitive tape or replace the missing trim free of charge for affected vehicles, the letters said.
Sponsored

cybertruckwaldo

First Name
Willie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD FS
Country flag

NSCyber

Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
Just picked up our car last Thursday and had to wait an extra few days due to the windshield wiper motor replacement but didn’t hear anything about the trim piece.

Obviously not a software update so how does tesla usually handle this type of recall? Do they schedule an appointment for us or does a mobile tech come out?

Old ICU Doc

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Beast, Porsche Boxster S, BMW R1250GSA
Occupation
physician
Country flag
Lost my bedside sail appliqué assembly on highway. Replaced at Service Center in 30 minutes. Only problem I’ve had. Love truck after 5 weeks. Fatigued with attention.
IMG_4290.jpeg
IMG_4289.jpeg

NSCyber

Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
So my CT AWD is affected by these two recalls. So how do I put in a service to get them fixed?
I checked my vin on that website and it said my car isn’t affected. Is this what you did as well? I can’t imagine ours isn’t affected since over 11k Cybertruck are.

chi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Computer Technician
Country flag
Is it both sides of the trim? My driver side always seemed not right.

NSCyber

Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes I checked my VIN on the NHTSA.gov website and it says I have two recalls. My VIN is 14xxx.
My vin is 14xxx as well. When did you pick yours up? Must have been right before the nationwide windshield wiper hold? Picked ours up 06/20

Johnboy

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vintage Corvette, BMW X5 PHEV, FS Cybertruck AWD
Country flag
Just picked up our car last Thursday and had to wait an extra few days due to the windshield wiper motor replacement but didn’t hear anything about the trim piece.

Obviously not a software update so how does tesla usually handle this type of recall? Do they schedule an appointment for us or does a mobile tech come out?
I got my FS AWD 6 weeks ago and initial inspection looked great so I drove it home. A few days later I noticed the right bed rail (Tesla calls it a "Sail Applique) was loose. I looked it up in the service manual and noted it just looks like some improperly applied double side tape (x6) and a few broken or missing clips (x9). Replacement looked to take 20-30 minutes. I tried to get a mobile appointment but they insisted I drive 180 miles to the closest SC. I was messaged that "The repairs are not mobile capable." Hope they change their mind now that it's a recall. VIN 5200.