Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Model Y , CyberTruck
Country flag
I have noticed this earlier (but it was very minor, I was thinking I am being Mr. Picky) ... and already have a service request opened ... where I saw some glue on windshield and dashboard intersection ...

Last weekend I parked my CT outside in sun since I was doing something in garage (when I say sun, I mean texas sun) ...

Next day I noticed that the glue is sprouting and leaving a snowflake kind of effect ...

I have couple of those snowflakes and couple of small horizontal lines.
Snowflake are of 1.5 inch diameter and horizontol lines are like .5 inch ... (2 of those lines - I did not take the picture, just took the snowflake picture thought it will interesting to share on this forum) ... let see what Mr. Tesla says on service request visit ... scheduled on end of July ...

wind1.jpg
wind2.jpg
Sponsored

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.meyerwine.com
Vehicles
Model 3, '73 GMC truck, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist, Vintner
Country flag
This is not happening on my truck and it gets a lot of hot sun. SN 12k

ScouterJohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 S, 2018 3, 2023 Y, 2024 Y,2024 CyberTruck
Occupation
none
Country flag
I have a 2015 Model S and that was the year they added goo and glass on top of the monitors. When it got really hot, the pressure breaks the seal somewhere and now toxic goo oozes out on every hot day in the sun; on both the dash screen and middle console. I think they called it the crying screens cause it looked like dripping inside the screen. The touch screens still work but it was out of warrantee already (I had 100k warrantee and service extension). Goo be gone cleaned up the substance but I lived with it since a couple grand to replace the screens on an old, high mileage ride.

My two cents: put it in the sun while it is new so if it starts, it starts under warrantee! :p

OP
OP
panthar

panthar

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Model Y , CyberTruck
Country flag
Failed windows happen. This we haven't seen elsewhere yet.

But it is a failure state of laminated glass.

-Crissa
Visited SC without an appointment, first time I bumped into a knowledgeable guy, in first 2 seconds he said this is lamination leek and need replacement. He said this is one of first he saw so far.
They will replace it, he ordered it , told it will take sometime but definitely will be replaced.

ScouterJohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
none
Country flag
...That's just weird. Also, the adhesives shouldn't be toxic?

-Crissa
The forum where I found that many 2015’s did this, said it was toxic and described where it would likely leak out of the dash, and how to clean up and with what, so I believed them. That might be a shame on me! It certainly is some incredibly sticky goo.
IMG_3891.jpeg

OP
OP
panthar

panthar

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Model Y , CyberTruck
Country flag
The forum where I found that many 2015’s did this, said it was toxic and described where it would likely leak out of the dash, and how to clean up and with what, so I believed them. That might be a shame on me! It certainly is some incredibly sticky goo.
IMG_3891.jpeg
aaah your are talking about LED screen ... we are talking about Windshield ...

ScouterJohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
none
Country flag
Yes, same separation from heat; just different purpose.