Will Tesla accept the 2024 EV tax credit off the purchase price?

Startreknerd

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Medical Clerk
Country flag
Making forward-looking statements without evidence is still without evidence.

I think there will be a quad, because he said so. I think it'll be announced on delivery day, but don't know when it'll be shipped.

There's no evidence the quad is the one doing the four-wheel steering, or that the tri or dual will be delayed a year, or that any of these will have a high increase in their price, let alone above the $80k tax credit. We've had pretty endless threads about this, there's lots of reasons Tesla won't risk their unprecedented demand by sky-high prices. Most of all, nearly Tesla prices are back where they were on Cybertruck announcement day.

There's been no talk about any motor configuration since Elon's announcement they were aiming to have a quad motor first.

-Crissa

Yea sure ok.

The Quad will be first, there's no reason why it won't.

Plenty of reasons why it would.

Startreknerd

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Medical Clerk
Country flag
Oh, there will CERTAINLY be a quad. (if you count the tri-motor and the BAW motor, that makes 4.)

I don't know what people think the Quad isn't going to be first.

It's like people have never heard of Tesla commenting here.

Startreknerd

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Medical Clerk
Country flag
The performance 3 wasn't ready for a year. Same for the X.

Tesla does what's best for Tesla.

-Crissa
And they probably won't have a performance of a Cybertruck out first either.

Anyone's guesses are certainly valid.

But the CT is delayed for a reason. It's likely because Musk can't let Rivian and GM have quads running around without Tesla. Then the 4 wheel steering came up, so it's delayed again. The CT will be the best and the best will be out first. That's the Quad with the highest range.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I don't know what people think the Quad isn't going to be first.

It's like people have never heard of Tesla commenting here.
more like you havenā€™t followed the details of discussion

musk mentioned a quad in 2021

lots of changes since then

Iā€™m not guessing thereā€™s no quad

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
And they probably won't have a performance of a Cybertruck out first either.

Anyone's guesses are certainly valid.

But the CT is delayed for a reason. It's likely because Musk can't let Rivian and GM have quads running around without Tesla. Then the 4 wheel steering came up, so it's delayed again. The CT will be the best and the best will be out first. That's the Quad with the highest range.
brace yourself

Startreknerd

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Medical Clerk
Country flag
more like you havenā€™t followed the details of discussion

musk mentioned a quad in 2021

lots of changes since then

Iā€™m not guessing thereā€™s no quad
I can't fathom Tesla losing to Rivian and coming out with only a Dual as their first trim.

That would be an embarrassing first trim.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I can't fathom Tesla losing to Rivian and coming out with only a Dual as their first trim.

That would be an embarrassing first trim.
maybe re-read

the dual wonā€™t be a ā€˜first trimā€™

both the dual and tri will be released up front (but in the down low there wonā€™t be as many trims available for a while or as quickly)

I suppose there will be some people who believe that more motors equal better.

but it appears Tesla believes that it can do plenty with two or three, and the fourth was extraneous all things considered

to dismiss that from the armchair would be to suggest you alone are more of an engineer / product developer than the whole of Tesla who has been working this vehicle for 5+ years

but hey, some people even buy the Hummer EV - thereā€™s an ass for every seat

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Ok Internet rando. Thanks for your astute contribution to the conversation. šŸ¤”
sorry - my ā€˜contributionsā€™ were my earlier comments (you just donā€™t want to onboard/address them), so here we are

For what?
Again, see my earlier comments

what Iā€™ve described isnā€™t a guess

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
in fact, all else equal i dont think they'd prefer to sell tri's at all right now, if they could avoid it. but they cant *not* announce the tri/performance model. so the middle path is to announce it alongside the dual as though they're equally-available options, then quietly know that they'll build and ship relatively few tri's as possible until scale and constraints relieve.

but meanwhile they'll make every marketing and optics effort to make it seem like duals and tri's are widely available and being pumped out. for these reasons, despite what I've said above, I wouldn't be surprised if the first few lots of deliveries to retail customers are disproportionately tri motors. that anchors the mood and sets the optics, such that thereafter they can scale back on tri's with minimal blow-back. they can say 'tri demand was unexpectedly high and we're struggling to keep up,' yadda yadda. basic corporate math.

for an analogue, look at the 4680 Model Y. You have to pay close attention to realize they're rare as hens teeth. Tesla has managed the optics well.
Optics wise, if the tri motor falls significantly short of the 500mi target, they'd be better off not selling any and just saying it will be "coming soon".

whatā€™s going to real sour your grapes is if the tri doesnā€™t have more range and is instead a ā€˜performanceā€™ model like the Model S Plaid (which has a touch *less* range)
Though if that were the case there would be no reason to limit tri production? Given the fact it would have the same pack size as a dual.

Startreknerd

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Medical Clerk
Country flag
sorry - my ā€˜contributionsā€™ were my earlier comments (you just donā€™t want to onboard/address them), so here we are

Again, see my earlier comments

what Iā€™ve described isnā€™t a guess
For some reason your comments aren't being sent to my email, but others are.

maybe re-read

the dual wonā€™t be a ā€˜first trimā€™

both the dual and tri will be released up front (but in the down low there wonā€™t be as many trims available for a while or as quickly)

I suppose there will be some people who believe that more motors equal better.

but it appears Tesla believes that it can do plenty with two or three, and the fourth was extraneous all things considered

to dismiss that from the armchair would be to suggest you alone are more of an engineer / product developer than the whole of Tesla who has been working this vehicle for 5+ years

but hey, some people even buy the Hummer EV - thereā€™s an ass for every seat
I'm not saying I know more than Tesla engineers. I'm saying usually Tesla out does the competition. Regardless if you think it's unnecessary for a Quad motor. If Rivian has it. And Musk likes that idea, there's most likely the Quad to be first.

I'm guessing you're not a reservation holder either?
Sponsored