Where are the aftermarket bumpers?

Pops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY, CyberBeast
Country flag
I would love a front bumper with a wench mount but...

It seems like Unplugged Performance is the only vendor listing front or rear bumpers, and most or all of their products are in preorder/backorder mode. Not to mention their prices are roughly >2x than similar products for other trucks.

There have been CTs on the road for over 6 months. I wonder how long it will take for the aftermarket to mature.
Sponsored

Treynor

First Name
Treynor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual motor
Occupation
President
Country flag
I love the unplugged front bumper/ bull bar. But I saw that the frunk will have limited accessibility when opened. Do we go for looks or do we go for functionality?
I will wait till the market produces something else.

XCeilidhX

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model S, awaiting CT RN112786958
Country flag
I also am a bit surprised by how the mainstream (non-EV focused) aftermarket truck bumper companies seem to mostly have no interest in making products for the CT/CB at this point.

Personally I do like the UP rear bumper especially if you add the rock sliders on the sides that can double as steps for the truck bed and the way it integrates a solid hitch. Their front bumper is very off-road focused and doesn't meet my use case scenario though because the integrated lights aren't SAE for on-road use (I asked them) which is a waste for me and I'm not in need of a bull bar (plus I don't want to block the frunk). My plan for bumper replacements is sort of a reverse-mullet with party in the front and business in the back.

What I would really like in a front bumper for predominantly street use is vents to cool the front brakes and some useful SAE fog and high beam assist lights, made out of something more durable than plastic, and if possible something slightly more aerodynamic as who wouldn't want a little range boost if possible?. That's just my 2 cents though... and so far, no dice.

FWIW

Cheers

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.meyerwine.com
Vehicles
Model 3, '73 GMC truck, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist, Vintner
Country flag
A few makers have announced that they're coming, but no timeline yet. I'm personally in the market for a normally priced aluminum one also.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I also am a bit surprised by how the mainstream (non-EV focused) aftermarket truck bumper companies seem to mostly have no interest in making products for the CT/CB at this point.
The truck has only been out for seven months, and there only several thousand on the road at this point. If each design would be picked up by 1% of owners (an amazing number) it would still be in the few dozen customers at most.

Give them time.

-Crissa

OP
OP
Pops

Pops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY, CyberBeast
Country flag
The truck has only been out for seven months, and there only several thousand on the road at this point. If each design would be picked up by 1% of owners (an amazing number) it would still be in the few dozen customers at most.

Give them time.

-Crissa
Ok fine. But I want them to know there are literally dozens of us waiting for them!

Tesla Cybertruck Where are the aftermarket bumpers? ezgif-1-1d858cbb7c

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Yeah ^-^ Good to have self awareness.

By some time next year when there are a hundred thousand Cybertrucks out there, you'll start seeing them ^-^

-Crissa

RogerDavis

Site Sponsor
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Defender 110, Model 3
Occupation
manufacturing
Country flag
Ok fine. But I want them to know there are literally dozens of us waiting for them!

ezgif-1-1d858cbb7c.gif
We start engineering next week on some real
Armour solutions!
Sponsored