Site Sponsor
First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Founder's Edition Cybertruck Dual Motor
Country flag
We had the opportunity to take our mostly stock Cybertruck (only mods are MPP Mega Terra wheels and K02s) to our friend's farm and had a good time with the Cybertruck, Rivian and our friend's Ford Raptor R. We were able to see how the two trucks faired in a flat landing jump, through high-speed whoops, and the general driving fun through corners at speed. We also instrumented the vehicles with a logger and G-meter to capture some real data. This testing was for science. It was very serious work.

The Cybertruck really impressed us and was far more fun than the Rivian - the Rivian would consistently shut down the torque output when the truck was very sideways, whereas the Cybertruck kept the party going. The new Off-Road mode is awesome!

However, the Cybertruck did take more damage, with the rear bed cover coming off of the tracks, bending a suspension arm and ripping off the rear tire deflectors.

Here's the full video, it's worth a watch!

Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
MountainPassPerformance

MountainPassPerformance

Site Sponsor
First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just noticed that you mentioned there was damage to the Cybertruck.
  • Bed cover broken
  • Bent suspension arm
Mental note: Do not jump the Cybertruck, it could get expensive.
Sadly yes.. but we plan on addressing those weaknesses so you can be as happy as Scotty jumping your truck without worry!

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Yukon XL
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag
Great video!

It seems like the non-driver issues that happened to the CT were the bent suspension arm and maybe the tonneau off track.

The wheel fairings that were broken off should have been removed before taking the truck off-road, per the off-road instructions (makes me wonder if they read them....)

The tonneau perhaps should be stored (open position) during extreme off-road operations. I wonder, was the closed tonneau was knocked off track by whatever load was in the bed?

2DVS4U

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23-G80, 21 CVO, 21 BRONCO,
Occupation
Tired but still working.
Country flag
I will probably never beat the Sh!t out of my cybertruck but it is good to know if someone is trying to catch me, I can bust through a fence go over some curbs, buzz through a pasture and some back roads and hopefully get away!

OP
OP
MountainPassPerformance

MountainPassPerformance

Site Sponsor
First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Great video!

It seems like the non-driver issues that happened to the CT were the bent suspension arm and maybe the tonneau off track.

The wheel fairings that were broken off should have been removed before taking the truck off-road, per the off-road instructions (makes me wonder if they read them....)

The tonneau perhaps should be stored (open position) during extreme off-road operations. I wonder, was the closed tonneau was knocked off track by whatever load was in the bed?
There was nothing in the bed, but for sure, retracting the tonneau cover is likely the best course of action when "adventuring" like this.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
We had the opportunity to take our mostly stock Cybertruck (only mods are MPP Mega Terra wheels and K02s) to our friend's farm and had a good time with the Cybertruck, Rivian and our friend's Ford Raptor R. We were able to see how the two trucks faired in a flat landing jump, through high-speed whoops, and the general driving fun through corners at speed. We also instrumented the vehicles with a logger and G-meter to capture some real data. This testing was for science. It was very serious work.

The Cybertruck really impressed us and was far more fun than the Rivian - the Rivian would consistently shut down the torque output when the truck was very sideways, whereas the Cybertruck kept the party going. The new Off-Road mode is awesome!

However, the Cybertruck did take more damage, with the rear bed cover coming off of the tracks, bending a suspension arm and ripping off the rear tire deflectors.

Here's the full video, it's worth a watch!

SO DOPE! One thing I was told is only go crazy off road with your bed cover open. Now it makes sense!

OP
OP
MountainPassPerformance

MountainPassPerformance

Site Sponsor
First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
SO DOPE! One thing I was told is only go crazy off road with your bed cover open. Now it makes sense!
Haha thanks.

Well now we now why! Hopefully we can fix it without too much difficulty...

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Beware shopping used Cybertrucks 🤥

Looks like a lot of fun but getting the jump wrong could deploy airbags possibly totalling the vehicle.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Good hootenay!
I've been saying how amazing the Cybertruck is off-road for a couple of months now, but a lot of people thought I didn't know what I was talking about.

Good to see it confirmed on video. So much for "the Cybertruck is not an off-road truck like the Rivian". :ROFLMAO:

One by one, the objections of the Tesla haters are peeling away, revealing the Cybertruck for what it really is: A real versatile all-purpose truck.

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
What MPP is forced to do for science....

Havent made my first payment on my Beast yet so nope, I'll stay away from farms for a bit! :)

Putting my 19 M3P up for sales as I dont have room for it, it's got MPP / KW Coil Overs and a few other MPP Parts I got early on - sad to do so, it's like a go cart, such awesome fun!

I'm a fan of MPP, I'll be in line for some of their parts when they come out!

Last edited: