First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck..? 2019 RAM 1500. 2009 Escape Hybrid
Country flag
Very bummed.

I planned to trade in my current 2019 Ram 1500 on it. Adding 2 more years would drop my trade-in value a bunch. So I just put in reservation for an F150 Lightning. I may even get a hybrid F150 instead. Resale is much better on EVs and hybrids than plain ICE, so when my Cybertruck is finally produced in 2024, if ever, then I can trade in the Lightning or Hybrid.

To be clear, I'd much rather get the CT, as more capable on paper. But the Lightning on the road is worth more than the 2x range vaporware.
Sponsored

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Yes, another year of speculation on this forum!

With this news I donā€™t see a production truck reveal until 2022.

SOP has basically been bumped from the original Q4 2021 date to Q4 2022. I am not surprised at the news when you consider brand new 4680 battery cells, new monocoque SS body, new manufacturing methods and production machinery, chip shortages, supply chain issues, etc.

Itā€˜s all but confirmed that the Cybertruck side of the brand new Austin assembly plant will be sitting idle for another yearā˜¹

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 P
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
Yes, another year of speculation on this forum!

With this news I donā€™t see a production truck reveal until 2022.

SOP has basically been bumped from the original Q4 2021 date to Q4 2022. I am not surprised at the news when you consider brand new 4680 battery cells, new monocoque SS body, new manufacturing methods and production machinery, chip shortages, supply chain issues, etc.

Itā€˜s all but confirmed that the Cybertruck side of the brand new Austin assembly plant will be sitting idle for another yearā˜¹

It is a big job to get this completely novel production process in place, so I do not think Austin will be idle. Happy for all those dropping off the list to buy F150s and Rivians. But lucky if they can deliver more than 100K between the two of them before CT ships, so will be a drop in the demand ocean.

jd1

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck ordered
Country flag
I understand many people being bummed etc, but to those that are pissed... remember the current climate we're living in.. Batteries, chip shortages... COVID because person after person keeps believing podcast 'experts, doesn't get vax and boom... 4th and after that.. 5th wave. Oh yeah, it's all fake, I forgot. :/

The world is moving differently... I think we can all agree? If ever there was a zombie apocalypse vehicle coming... isn't it worth waiting one more year? We KNOW Tesla will benchmark their truck against Ford, Revian, Hummer (lolz) and last I checked Tesla *IS* the benchmark in every segment they are in.... so..... why stress? Neo would 't drive a hummer Your reasoning for wanting the Tesla was more than just 8 bit goodness wasn't it? Stay the course.

Dodge showed off the TRX in 2016... those into Hellcats lost their mind, I was one. The TRX didn't hit for 5 years. I had one of the first, bought it... then sold it to a dealership for a profit when offered. All the while, eyes on the Cyberprize.

i bought a 2021 Model 3P June 5th... holy smack. This thing is insane. If that registry for orders on the Cybertruck is to believed, I am in the first 2000 orders for my tri Minecraft zombie apocalypse 3000. Of course I was excited for the Jan 2022 estimated... so now it's pushed back a little.

meh.

Think of all the people that will jump ship moving YOUR reservation up the list. I this will be worth it,

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I was one of those doubters when speculation about production shifted to 2023, and I am saddened and unhappy. My SUV is 9 years old and I am much older than my car. I will surely wait for the CT but this change forces me to get something else. I was not able to justify a new car if I was going to see my CT in 10 months but now I think I can. I guess Iā€™ll get in another line for a Model Y.

Idaho_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 3/4 ton
Country flag
I bet Atlis Motor Vehicles is breathing a sigh of relief. This will give the fledgling Arizona company a chance to possibly develop an actual viable product in the heavier duty pickup class. Their latest stock offering is going well.

Cyber-ely

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford f250, Cybertruck on order.
Country flag
I think its absolutely ridiculous at this point. Who knows how long they've been working on it prior to the 2019 unveil. Now in 2021 Q2 they just finished basic architecture. Thats 3 years too long. Then to push it back until late 2022 or almost 2023? All exterior and structural details should have been done by now. The gigapress was ordered march 2021 when it should have been ordered in 2020 knowing it was going to be a 1st time machine that size was going to be created. Especially with potential problems. I think they're just trying to push the envelope so much and engineers just can't keep up. So many new departments; Semi, roadster, cybertruck, now robot.

speach

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MS P100D, Escalade, Acura MDX, Focus ST, PriusC
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Anyone who is complaining about their "deposit" needs to go ahead and ask for their $100 back and stop behaving as if they dropped $50k for a Roadster deposit. The delay is neither a surprise nor even a deviation from typical Tesla deliveries of an innovative line (Model X, the new Roadster, or the Semi)

I also put my $100 deposit on the Lightening minutes into the reveal. I figure I'll be driving the F150 for a year or two before I see my CT, which I expect to be happy to trade into. If not, I will simply resale the CT for a profit.

I feel it would be wrong Tesla they raised the price, but I suppose it depends on just how bad inflation turns out to be in the next 2-3 years on whether or not I will expect that, too.

TirNaOg

First Name
Deasun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Expedition
Country flag
Disappointed, but really saw this coming.
Chip shortage catching up with Tesla finally. COVID crap. Timelines are just crap atm.
More time to save. :).
Just hope my Ford 2008 expedition holds up.
Really dont want to get another car/trcuk before CT.

pagesix1536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Nissan Leaf SL, 2014 Tesla Model S P85DL
Country flag
I'm fine with it. On the verge of being booted from my job anyway for Covid mandate reasons, so I won't be able to save for the truck anyways. Have to focus on how to support my family right now. The truck is a toy/luxury item. It's not really needed.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
I have a 2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition and a 2019 M3 LR. I don't NEED a car or truck. But since we got the M3 this April, I haven't put a tank of gas in the truck. I just hate ICE now, even though it's a really nice truck with everything you could want. So I'm just disappointed as now I'll continue to have an ICE vehicle that only gets used when I need to tow, or for off-road trips. It will start getting used more, and we don't do much in summer due to the heat, but camping and off-road trips start soon. I will just hate "having" to drive ICE.

The F150 won't meet our needs at all. The Rivian, probably not.

Jelloiron

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
As much as I enjoy driving my Model 3, I hate driving cars (even one that drives itself) I've never had a car, I've been in trucks since high school. I only got the Model 3 because I ordered the Cybertruck and wanted to make sure I could put up with driving an electric vehicle.

Over the next few months, I'm going to have to decide if keeping the reservation is worth it or if I should just go back to what I've always driven, I just don't have the patience to wait 2 more years. My order number starts with 112 since I got in within a few days of the reveal, so I know I'll be in early group but I can't keep driving this car, it's just too small for me.