Text from Tesla - grey interior and core tires delay until later in 2024 - consider changing …

Djinndjinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Models S
Country flag
I configured my order with grey interior and core all season tires back in May. Got estimated delivery of July-Sep timeframe. Was ecstatic.

Just got this text.. “this is Tesla regarding your upcoming Cybertruck delivery. The options you selected are not expected to be available until later in 2024. In order to support you with the earliest possible delivery, you may upgrade your interior trim or wheel option at no cost to you, for a limited time and subject to availability. Note the estimated range for the upgraded wheel is 318mi.“

Anyone else receive this text? Any idea which is the issue - the tires or the interior (or the combo)? Need the extra range so really don’t want to drop range with AT tires. Anyone try keeping core tires but changing to white?
Sponsored

Killlbox

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Subaru Forrester Sport
Occupation
Biotech
Country flag
Yup, that’s what my SC told me. People getting the grey interiors really surprised me.

lowtek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Plaid
Occupation
I do things.
Country flag
This is just end of quarter push ... whatever plans they have are still the same ... we've seen this before with other models.

CYBERUN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Tesla X and Cybertruck
Country flag
I configured my order with grey interior and core all season tires back in May. Got estimated delivery of July-Sep timeframe. Was ecstatic.

Just got this text.. “this is Tesla regarding your upcoming Cybertruck delivery. The options you selected are not expected to be available until later in 2024. In order to support you with the earliest possible delivery, you may upgrade your interior trim or wheel option at no cost to you, for a limited time and subject to availability. Note the estimated range for the upgraded wheel is 318mi.“

Anyone else receive this text? Any idea which is the issue - the tires or the interior (or the combo)? Need the extra range so really don’t want to drop range with AT tires. Anyone try keeping core tires but changing to white?
My order is Tactical Gray with AT tires and showing delivery August - September , first when I ordered was October -November.Later changed couple months early. I wasn’t very happy, I prefer delivery not before November.

NSCyber

Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
Interesting that they say “upgrade”. Seems like this messaging is proving the white interior and cyber wheels are the premium product (of course to each their own).
Also interesting that they have to clarify at not additional charge since that’s really a given with the foundation series.

OP
OP

Djinndjinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Models S
Country flag
Interesting that they say “upgrade”. Seems like this messaging is proving the white interior and cyber wheels are the premium product (of course to each their own).
Also interesting that they have to clarify at not additional charge since that’s really a given with the foundation series.
yes, was wondering the same thing too. If it’s an ‘upgrade’ to go back to white interior and AT tires, does that mean we wind up getting some type of lower price for a foundation series that is configured as all season tires and gray interior?

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model C plaid
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
My order is Tactical Gray with AT tires and showing delivery August - September , first when I ordered was October -November.Later changed couple months early. I wasn’t very happy, I prefer delivery not before November.
How do you see the estimated delivery date? I was only able to see it after I configured my CB the first time.
I got gray and AT tires. Haven’t changed it and don’t want the white.

CYBERUN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Tesla X and Cybertruck
Country flag
How do you see the estimated delivery date? I was only able to see it after I configured my CB the first time.
I got gray and AT tires. Haven’t changed it and don’t want the white.
When you go to change design dates upgrades with new configuration. With white interior delivery in July

NSCyber

Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
yes, was wondering the same thing too. If it’s an ‘upgrade’ to go back to white interior and AT tires, does that mean we wind up getting some type of lower price for a foundation series that is configured as all season tires and gray interior?
I don’t think so. You pay the same regardless of choice but when the non-foundation series comes out the gray Interior and all season tires may be the stock option so you would have paid foundation series pricing for a stock looking car (minus the badges).

OP
OP

Djinndjinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Models S
Country flag
Suspect they have a bunch of white interior and AT tire cybertrucks and want to sell as many as possible before end of quarter, hence the text message.

I’m gonna stick with the selection I want – gray interior with core all season tires – and wait it out.. Been waiting for five years plus, so what’s a few more months…

hopefully can get what I configured, along with the powershare up and running, before the next big storm hits and the power goes off.
Sponsored