First Name
IdeaX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Many trucks, and a Porsche
Occupation
Stainless, metals, art, polymath
It's certainly not a given that a Tesla Dealer will be bad or worse than any other brand.

Many customers have had great experiences with their nearest Tesla Dealer bending over backwards to make things perfect.

In general, Tesla needs to have many more dealer locations, all delivering better service their customers.
Sponsored

steezymcfresh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD
Country flag
I received the first batch of FS invites so I expect to be in the first batch of standard invites. I was initially so bummed/pissed about the markup since I've been obsessed with CT since the unveil but the wait continues to be a benefit to those that wait (those who get FS get a different benefit). The software updates, production fixes, and the more common sightings as to not get crazy attention are all things that are worth waiting for.

I own a 2018 Model 3 which would be considered a very early build after the ramp had stabilized. I continues to be an amazing car. I'll expect the same from my non-FS CT. I also expect standard orders to open once production has ramped and stabilized (by Tesla's definitions) and not just a never-ending money milking scheme to appease stockholders like some assume.

cbrtrckrsrvd112219

First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
If there's a reason I'll move away from Tesla, it is the buying experience. Now that I've gotten 2,000 miles in my Beast, I am confident it's the next step in truck evolution versus my Lightning...

However, I loved my Ford dealer and buying my Lightning was exponentially better than buying my Cybertruck. To the point if someone asked "should I get a CT or a Lightning?," I'd ask them what they value most when buying a new vehicle. If it's customer service, don't go anywhere near Tesla, they are dead last by a mile. Just like I went Tesla to Ford (Model 3 to Lightning), I am pretty sure my next vehicle won't be a Tesla, I am just soured on the BS.

If they stopped charging the delivery fee for online orders and charged $2k for dealer orders, I think you'd be surprised how many people go to the dealer if they provided premium service. I certainly would pay a $2k premium if my Ford dealers had Teslas on the lot.
@Cybertruck2024 Why so much obsession with "dealership service"?! The best service is "no service required"! so I can do something better with my time or do nothing at all vs. being forced to go to dealership and must experience "great service" while I have to wait for something being done to my car so I can use it while paying huge bucks for that "privilege". I dont know what Ford dealership service prices are, but for Porshe you are paying $400 for oil change, and yes, service advisors are checking on you with updates every 30 minutes and coffee/snacks are great but it costs me 2 hours of time and $400+ for every regular visit!
with Tesla I have no reason to go to dealership since I got my M3 and I appreciate is very very much that I dont have to waste my time for "scheduled maintenance" and oil change and other crap you have to do to keep your cur running.
you could also refuse to shop Amazon and go exclusively to Sacks 5th Ave for "service" - same argument.

you are lucky bastard, you already have your CT. :) you want service - go to GM dealership and trade-in your CT for Hummer EV and enjoy GM service! 😂

GuyV

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, FS Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Because that's not. Observation of waste is not indication that they're wasting at the same rate. Especially when we know that the number of good cells coming out the other end is going up.

-Crissa
They are clearly spending time and materials creating waste instead of usable batteries. That's as simple as it gets. 🤣

GuyV

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, FS Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So your argument that my statement is misleading is that I don't have a pile of cash the size of my mortgage to throw at a special edition truck?

Waste from a process is a function of rate times input. If they make more cells, total waste goes up - if they reduce the waste rate, total waste goes down, right?

Well, what if they make more cells, but also reduce the waste rate? That means total waste stays the same.

We know they're making more cells. They're also making more trucks. So it's a non-issue, at this point.

-Crissa
It was clearly enough of an issue that Elon called out their battery production challenges.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
If you're the type of vehicle buyer that needs to be coddled on delivery day you may be disappointed purchasing a Tesla. You might be better off purchasing a Lexus from a traditional franchised dealership business model.

Last edited:

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
I suppose there's a space to pay more for hand-holding. There's a reason Lexus exists even though it's just Toyota.

-Crissa
They could add an upcharge:
□ Indicate if you need to feel special with an X. $1000.

TexasRaider

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck + MS
Occupation
Civil
Country flag
I’m confident now that the “2024 Model Year CTs” will be only FS. Doesn’t that usually mean something in the vehicle market?

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Tesla marketing BS at its finest. The wording “we expect” is very subjective.

Tesla is simply trying to extend FS production as long as possible for the extra $20k margin. They will squeeze out every FS sale until the well runs dry.

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla order invite now says: “We expect to deliver only the foundation series through late 2024” 1719980854930-ba

CyberTW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y &3
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Tesla marketing BS at its finest. The wording “we expect” is very subjective.

Tesla is simply trying to extend FS production as long as possible for the extra $20k margin. They will squeeze out every FS sale until the well runs dry.

1719980854930-ba.jpg
Ya.. and? You know everyone who put a reservation in is gonna get a shot…

CyberTW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y &3
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Further down the road, higher the conversation rate. if i made a reservation in 2023, i would take the FS invite in a heartbeat.
Me too (mid2022 res) and I am jumping at the opportunity. It’s spendy but I am stoked

Spacenoddle

First Name
Nan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Me too (mid2022 res) and I am jumping at the opportunity. It’s spendy but I am stoked
8000 FSD+ 2500 shop credit+2500 tire upgrade+1000 premium data+1000 other accessories = 15000 value. So the skipping the line cost is 5000. Well worth it if you are high reservation holder.

2DVS4U

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23-G80, 21 CVO, 21 BRONCO,
Occupation
Tired but still working.
Country flag
I am sure glad I got my shot and took it, i just received my AWD on Sunday and couldn’t be happier, the way I look at it is that I would rather get the fully loaded special edition that is available right now for a little extra then wait another 1-3 years. The fact that there is no dealer markup makes a big difference too. P.s. I reserved on 11/30/2019 so the wait is finally over for me.
Sponsored