Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
It’s day one of Q3.

We will soon find out if non-FS Cybertruck’s start production as Elon stated.

Will early “wave 1“ Foundation Series invites convert to non-FS invites?

IMG_1791.jpeg
Non-FS will receive order configurations - that's a big difference over delivery! I'd expect 2025 deliveries of those configurations.
Sponsored

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
This whole conversation was why the CT is priced so much higher.. what I am hearing from your argument, is they are building trucks for less than 60k currently. Thus making HUGE margins already. And they could price them now at 60 or slightly higher and make a profit (right now). That’s the discussion. I agree they will be building them for less, but with all their costs incurred on a ramp, it makes sense it is priced higher early..
And my whole point is that Rivian and ford are selling their cars for a mass loss, but they are cheaper… but that doesn’t tell the whole story..

do you think Tesla should have been true to their original word and sold them for their original prices? Would that be good business right now.. ?
Subject to change.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
If there's a reason I'll move away from Tesla, it is the buying experience. Now that I've gotten 2,000 miles in my Beast, I am confident it's the next step in truck evolution versus my Lightning...

However, I loved my Ford dealer and buying my Lightning was exponentially better than buying my Cybertruck. To the point if someone asked "should I get a CT or a Lightning?," I'd ask them what they value most when buying a new vehicle. If it's customer service, don't go anywhere near Tesla, they are dead last by a mile. Just like I went Tesla to Ford (Model 3 to Lightning), I am pretty sure my next vehicle won't be a Tesla, I am just soured on the BS.

If they stopped charging the delivery fee for online orders and charged $2k for dealer orders, I think you'd be surprised how many people go to the dealer if they provided premium service. I certainly would pay a $2k premium if my Ford dealers had Teslas on the lot.
You were the early adopter of a new product - perhaps you were expecting the process of a seriously established vehicle? We have a MY and that experience was great - I'd never do a dealership again

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
I think it’s actually bullshit and for all of us that were early adopters it’s basically throwing sand in our face. I mean just think if Chevrolet or Ford did that. The pick up comes out and they sell the high dollar unit at first, though there is an end within three months. We ordered it years ago and now there trying to sell us a $100.000 truck when we want a 60-80,000 truck.
.t’s greedy of Tesla because people like my self and you have and are supporting them. My 2022 X is already $35,000 cheaper then when I bought it, which is Ok and I understand, though yeah I know this is just going too far .

It’s just gonna hurt them in the long run, I may decide to go buy something else. There are options and I will spend a lot
less and be able to travel 250-300 real miles and fuel up any where I want.
You ordered nothing years ago - you indicated interest in a vehicle that was 'subject to change', as per the reservation agreement verbatim.

CyberTW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y &3
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
You ordered nothing years ago - you indicated interest in a vehicle that was 'subject to change', as per the reservation agreement verbatim.
Exactly. I dont understand the thinking that says they basically priced the vehicle to line their pockets with cash out of greed.. lacks rational thinking in my mind.. but I am not a smart man, so maybe I am the idiot

Cybertruck2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning and Model 3
Country flag
You were the early adopter of a new product - perhaps you were expecting the process of a seriously established vehicle? We have a MY and that experience was great - I'd never do a dealership again
I bought a M3P after it had been out for three years and same bad experience. How long do you need to wait for Tesla to not be a new product, five years?

Cybertruck2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning and Model 3
Country flag
Maybe you're expecting something different from Tesla then.
An experience nearly as good as my Ford and Audi dealer would be nice. Even if it were half as good we'd be making progress.

I dropped $120k on a Beast and have two Teslas in my garage, I'm as big of a Tesla fan as just about anyone. But when I'm spending this kind of money, I would hope they could give me at least a sub-par buying experience. Just like other automakers could learn a lot from Tesla about EVs or tech, Tesla could learn a lot about service and the selling experience.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
LOL, what do you mean that's not how battery production works?
Because that's not. Observation of waste is not indication that they're wasting at the same rate. Especially when we know that the number of good cells coming out the other end is going up.

-Crissa

kpg81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Country flag
Because that's not. Observation of waste is not indication that they're wasting at the same rate. Especially when we know that the number of good cells coming out the other end is going up.

-Crissa
You have over 17,000 messages posted on this forum. 17 .. THOUSAND messages.

Lots of opinions stated, many of which attempt to come off as facts here, and you don't get called out for it.

In genuinely curious, are you even planning on buying a Cybertruck here? Do you have any skin in the game?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You have over 17,000 messages posted on this forum. 17 .. THOUSAND messages.

Lots of opinions stated, many of which attempt to come off as facts here, and you don't get called out for it.

In genuinely curious, are you even planning on buying a Cybertruck here? Do you have any skin in the game?
So your argument that my statement is misleading is that I don't have a pile of cash the size of my mortgage to throw at a special edition truck?

Waste from a process is a function of rate times input. If they make more cells, total waste goes up - if they reduce the waste rate, total waste goes down, right?

Well, what if they make more cells, but also reduce the waste rate? That means total waste stays the same.

We know they're making more cells. They're also making more trucks. So it's a non-issue, at this point.

-Crissa

kpg81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Country flag
So your argument that my statement is misleading is that I don't have a pile of cash the size of my mortgage to throw at a special edition truck?

Waste from a process is a function of rate times input. If they make more cells, total waste goes up - if they reduce the waste rate, total waste goes down, right?

Well, what if they make more cells, but also reduce the waste rate? That means total waste stays the same.

We know they're making more cells. They're also making more trucks. So it's a non-issue, at this point.

-Crissa
I don't even know or understand why you're discussing waste rate with cells and all that. I'm just wondering why you're wasting your time posting over 17,000 messages on a Cybertruck forum for half a decade when you cannot even state if you are intending to purchase.

This is not about having the money to purchase the truck, this website is literally called CYBERTRUCK OWNERS CLUB. OWNERS being one of the words and a Club of Owners at that... So, are you in the queue to be an owner or not.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
An experience nearly as good as my Ford and Audi dealer would be nice. Even if it were half as good we'd be making progress.

I dropped $120k on a Beast and have two Teslas in my garage, I'm as big of a Tesla fan as just about anyone. But when I'm spending this kind of money, I would hope they could give me at least a sub-par buying experience. Just like other automakers could learn a lot from Tesla about EVs or tech, Tesla could learn a lot about service and the selling experience.
I believe the large majority don't want Tesla to emulate the dealership experience, myself included.

weksauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3P
Country flag
I guess there's a lot of people out there prefer the 1-4 hour price negotiations, getting hustled with all the extra protections you'll almost damn near never end up using, waiting game at a normal dealership, and call that red carpet service... everyone's got their opinions and preferences.

I got my M3P 4 years ago and was in and out in 10 mins, that's my kind of service.

from a business standpoint, better to spend more money on R&D to improve the product than open up a dealership with people standing around shooting the crap. there's plenty of social media out there with people sharing their experience, hence free marketing... let the product speak for itself in the end.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I believe the large majority don't want Tesla to emulate the dealership experience, myself included.
I suppose there's a space to pay more for hand-holding. There's a reason Lexus exists even though it's just Toyota.

-Crissa
Sponsored