Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I get so many comments on my YouTube videos stating that the Cybertruck is overpriced. Well meet Vince, he owns not one but three luxury vehicles all of which cost over $100,000. He test drives the CT and I finally ask him “Is the Cybertruck worth $100,000?”

Sponsored

justinpratt

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Tri, Jeep Rubi 392, Tesla Y Performance, BMW M3
Country flag
Considering the latest Jeep Wrangler 392 is at $100k+, CT is worth it. I paid $80k for my 2021 Jeep Wrangler 392 (original owner). I think that’s crazy for a ladder frame on solid axles, 100+ year old technology. Additionally, prior to buying the Tesla, I was spending $350-$380/mo on fuel, $4.50/gal of premium at 13 MPGs. The only fun thing it has is the motor.
I also own a 2023 MY Performance.
I'm thinking the CT is worth it.

Last edited:

Cyberus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Haven’t watched the video. $100k is a lot for most people, but isn’t a lot in the current market. As the owner of a GLS and a full size Range Rover, both 100k+, the CT fits the category well. I know the Tesla fanboys love to think that the company is on a mission, no pun intended, to provide low cost high quality electric vehicles to the masses, but the technology in this vehicle is not and should not be low cost or budget friendly. This is a premium product, it would feel more like one if it had real leather, but we know why it doesn’t. If anyone is complaining about a 100k price tag, I would ask, do you still use a flip phone? All love and respect to everyone.

sefar

First Name
se
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S 100d, Ram 1500 limited ecodiesel
Country flag
CT is not luxury on any level. My wife pointed out how much it didn't stack up against my Ram 1500 limited that I sold to make room in the garage for the CT.

The place I sold the Ram is a Kia dealership, and the high end EV9 was 73k. I didn't think it was plush at all, except for the massaging seats. Price and luxe are not always linked.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I get so many comments on my YouTube videos stating that the Cybertruck is overpriced. Well meet Vince, he owns not one but three luxury vehicles all of which cost over $100,000. He test drives the CT and I finally ask him “Is the Cybertruck worth $100,000?”

ONG, I hate these. People used to compare the Model 3 and Model Y to premium or luxury vehicles. While the prices may be similar, the usage is very different.

RogerDavis

Site Sponsor
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Defender 110, Model 3
Occupation
manufacturing
Country flag
I’ve also got a Defender X, and have only driven Land Rovers /Range Rovers the last 20 years and I feel like the Cyber is on par with them and priced accordingly. It’s not a $60 truck and buyers in that space should look at the new Taco or F150

Spacenoddle

First Name
Nan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Haven’t watched the video. $100k is a lot for most people, but isn’t a lot in the current market. As the owner of a GLS and a full size Range Rover, both 100k+, the CT fits the category well. I know the Tesla fanboys love to think that the company is on a mission, no pun intended, to provide low cost high quality electric vehicles to the masses, but the technology in this vehicle is not and should not be low cost or budget friendly. This is a premium product, it would feel more like one if it had real leather, but we know why it doesn’t. If anyone is complaining about a 100k price tag, I would ask, do you still use a flip phone? All love and respect to everyone.
Can not agree more. faster like regular Porsche, off road like land rover, smooth like Mercedes, haul like F-150, fuel like Tesla, no need to pay 5 car's insurance and garage space, for 100K, it is not overpriced, it IS the steal. And on top of that, whenever you drive out above 5 vehicles, no one gives a shit about it, not even a look...

Last edited:

CyberTW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y &3
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
CT is not luxury on any level. My wife pointed out how much it didn't stack up against my Ram 1500 limited that I sold to make room in the garage for the CT.

The place I sold the Ram is a Kia dealership, and the high end EV9 was 73k. I didn't think it was plush at all, except for the massaging seats. Price and luxe are not always linked.
I think definitions of luxury can be murky at the 70-120k range.. I find Tesla tech much more luxurious than all the buttons that people claim make something luxurious.. the argument I could hear on luxury is seat and dash material.. everything else I don’t see how the CT is not in that lux class.. but that is my lens.. others (obviously) feel different

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I think definitions of luxury can be murky at the 70-120k range.. I find Tesla tech much more luxurious than all the buttons that people claim make something luxurious.. the argument I could hear on luxury is seat and dash material.. everything else I don’t see how the CT is not in that lux class.. but that is my lens.. others (obviously) feel different
:) (y)

It definitely depends on your definition of luxury, but price isn't a defintion of luxury, it's a byproduct.

For some, if the vehicle doesn't some with seat massagers (mechanical or human) and a chaffeur, then it isn't a luxury vehicle.

But then again, the Cybertruck isn't far from having climate-controlled seats and an autopilot!

Price doesn't make a vehicle a luxury vehicle.

A NASCAR car costs a LOT MORE. But luxury is definitely not their forte!!!

RoboTaxi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Beast when the gods bless me
Country flag
Considering the latest Jeep Wrangler 392 is at $100k+, CT is worth it. I paid $80k for my 2021 Jeep Wrangler 392 (original owner). I think that’s crazy for a ladder frame on solid axles, 100+ year old technology. Additionally, prior to buying the Tesla, I was spending $350-$380/mo on fuel, $4.50/gal of premium at 13 MPGs. The only fun thing it has is the motor.
I also own a 2023 MY Performance.
I'm thinking the CT is worth it.
what I find interesting is there are numerous $100k vehicles on the road that don’t get a 2nd thought from people. BUT when you have a CT some people gotta vent hate! I’ve never seen a guy pull up in a new corvette and get flipped off by someone in a shitbox.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
what I find interesting is there are numerous $100k vehicles on the road that don’t get a 2nd thought from people. BUT when you have a CT some people gotta vent hate! I’ve never seen a guy pull up in a new corvette and get flipped off by someone in a shitbox.
More likely, the person in the Corvette gets a 'thumbs up' from the person pulling up in a shit box.

The Cybertruck is like that times ten or twenty!

I'm still surprised by the wide range of demographics that give positive responses when they see my Cybertruck in traffic. I'm trying to figure out the differences between those who give a positive response and those who act like they don't see it. The obviously negative responses are so few and far between I can't get a read on that. The people that act like they didn't see it are generally in later model cars (six years or newer) and look like they project an image informed by media. They look socially 'conventional', for lack of a better word, style and image conscious, something I've never aspired to.

The people providing obviously positive responses look like people who think and live for themselves, not others. They seem happier in life and less like they are part of the herd.

There are always exceptions, but this is just my generalization, based on observation.

jameskk

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Ford F150 Lightning
Country flag
I don’t get the people who say the CT is cheap or flimsy. Mine feels solid and quite nice. I wonder if they mistake minimalistic for cheap? Regardless, I will say, having owned 20+ BMW, Porsche, MB, I will never go back to “luxury” leather seats again. I had an upholstery expert tell me many years ago that vinyl was the way to go and he was correct. Just sold my 2018 Model 3 and the seats looked practically brand new after 5+ Years of use and they don’t cause me to sweat like leather does.
Sponsored