Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Update: I just had a message from Tesla with a new VIN number, 176XX. It was 139XX. I can’t say I am disappointed with a later VIN number. Still delivery date of July 6.

Update: I just received a call to schedule delivery for tomorrow June 26.
Congrats!

Let's set the right expectations.
First, listen to all of the videos listed through the delivery screens. Especially the "what to expect at delivery".

Do not expect a perfectly clean and shiny Cybertruck. It will probably be cleaned, but not to your standards. About all they do is get some of the road grime and dust off.

Don't expect a personalized hand-held experience. They will probably had a lot of deliveries and working to be helpful to a lot of people. If your slot is later in the day, then they've been doing this all day and are probably tired.

Do a walk around and look for the obvious issues, let your delivery advisor know and take pictures. Unless you want to reject the truck, you will probably have to create a Service Request for remediation at a later date.

Set up the entertainment system to your liking before you leave and don't touch it on the way home.
Learn where the turn signals are and how to shift in gear.
If rain is possible familiarize yourself with the wiper control.

And most important, bring a photographer to get a picture of that grin of yours!!!
Sponsored

CyberKnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Congrats!

Let's set the right expectations.
First, listen to all of the videos listed through the delivery screens. Especially the "what to expect at delivery".

Do not expect a perfectly clean and shiny Cybertruck. It will probably be cleaned, but not to your standards. About all they do is get some of the road grime and dust off.

Don't expect a personalized hand-held experience. They will probably had a lot of deliveries and working to be helpful to a lot of people. If your slot is later in the day, then they've been doing this all day and are probably tired.

Do a walk around and look for the obvious issues, let your delivery advisor know and take pictures. Unless you want to reject the truck, you will probably have to create a Service Request for remediation at a later date.

Set up the entertainment system to your liking before you leave and don't touch it on the way home.
Learn where the turn signals are and how to shift in gear.
If rain is possible familiarize yourself with the wiper control.

And most important, bring a photographer to get a picture of that grin of yours!!!
Thank you for all of that! It is much appreciated.

I have watched every video known to man on the CT and have rented a few Teslas in my travels, so that makes me….nothing of an expert. I appreciate the good gouge on the setting up the entertainment system before departure. I would not have thought of doing that and probably would have been distracted as FSD isn’t available yet. I also appreciate setting the expectations. I figured as much as we test drove an MX last week to demo the FSD and noticed a different vibe/ culture than I am used to (not in a bad way, just different).

Looking forward to tomorrow!

Thanks again for the advice!

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Thank you for all of that! It is much appreciated.

I have watched every video known to man on the CT and have rented a few Teslas in my travels, so that makes me….nothing of an expert. I appreciate the good gouge on the setting up the entertainment system before departure. I would not have thought of doing that and probably would have been distracted as FSD isn’t available yet. I also appreciate setting the expectations. I figured as much as we test drove an MX last week to demo the FSD and noticed a different vibe/ culture than I am used to (not in a bad way, just different).

Looking forward to tomorrow!

Thanks again for the advice!
I'm not talking about YouTube videos, I'm talking about the Tesla videos accessed from the app. They are highly targeted and not full of crap like YouTube videos.

MyOtherTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 G63, 2022 V60 Polestar, Ford F250HD, Cybrtrck
Country flag
I’m at Paramus Tesla now picking up my AWD. So many cybers here. Maybe 15. All are good to go and ready for pick up.
I placed my order on the 18th of June. I’m picking up now in the 26th 🤟

CyberKnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I'm not talking about YouTube videos, I'm talking about the Tesla videos accessed from the app. They are highly targeted and not full of crap like YouTube videos.
I have viewed those as well and I have noticed that Tesla is adding more content on their website targeted to the Cybertruck owner/user.
thank you again for all of your help.

rubicsphere

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 M3P, 2022 MYLR, 2024 CT
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Picked my AWD yesterday in ABQ NM. VIN 193XX. Frunk will not open all the way but service appt. has already been scheduled for repair. Overall the truck is amazing. Drives like a car. If it is not your first Tesla there is very little learning curve!

ScouterJohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 S, 2018 3, 2023 Y, 2024 Y,2024 CyberTruck
Occupation
none
Country flag
I’m at Paramus Tesla now picking up my AWD. So many cybers here. Maybe 15. All are good to go and ready for pick up.
I placed my order on the 18th of June. I’m picking up now in the 26th 🤟
Cool; one of those turned out to be mine; getting it this week!

cbertgo

First Name
Colbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Dual motor
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Had an appointment today at 10 o’clock to pick up my Cyber Beast got there all the paperwork filled out at 10:30. She came out and said they just got a directive from Tesla to stop all deliveries. They’re having an inspection delay. June 25, 2024
I picked my CB up in Raleigh, NC on June 30th, a Sunday . Delivery experience was understandably supar

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, Cyberbeast 113344xxx
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
I picked my CB up in Raleigh, NC on June 30th, a Sunday . Delivery experience was understandably supar
Did you get a Cyberbeast or AWD? If Cyberbeast, what was your reservation #? I've got to be getting close though I ordered mine on May 30th.
Sponsored