Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
So weā€™re out of town visiting family in the Houston suburbs and happened to park close to sprinklers at the hotel. Overnight, the sprinklers came on and by morning we found one side of the truck covered in tough water spots that I couldnā€™t easily remove. I tried the window cleaner, water, and microfiber cloths, etc., all to no avail. Being 800+ miles from the rest of my cleanings supplies and power washer, I was at wits end trying to remedy the situation.

I wear glasses so when returning to the hotel earlier tonight, I also tried one of the Tesla recommended approaches, which is using glasses cleaning wipes. But it didnā€™t help either. Now really frustrated, I happened to see the baby wipes (fragrance free) in the car (we had watched our grandkids and still happened to have a package of wipes in the car). At first, I thought it was hand wipes we had brought with us. Anyway, I grabbed one just grasping at straws. Lo and behold it worked!

The spots came off easily. I wiped a small enough area to keep it wet so I could use a microfiber towel to then clean it and dry it with little additional effort. Then moved on to the adjacent areas, etc. I followed this up by wiping all the areas down with a damp (from water) microfiber towel and dry microfiber towel.

Before everyone toasts me for even attempting this, note Tesla recommends a mild acidic cleanser for ā€œsurface contaminationā€ as highlighted in one of the attached pictures.

The other neat finding is it works very well when used to wipe down the bug slaughterhouse section on the front of the truck. The bugs seemed to come right off.

Not sure if other baby wipes would work as well or not. Probably depends on their formulation.

Attached are pictures showing before and after shots of a few different areas, including the bug-slaughterhouse section. Also, the ingredient listing from the baby wipes package. Note one of the pics of the front shows the left side as having been quickly wiped down, and the right side before being wiped.

ChatGPT also says it makes sense, and is safe to use (for what itā€™s worth). It said the fibers are gentle enough not to scratch the stainless steel.

IMG_3610.jpeg

IMG_3611.jpeg

IMG_3613.jpeg

IMG_3617.jpeg

IMG_3614.jpeg

IMG_3615.jpeg

IMG_3621.jpeg

IMG_0485.jpeg

IMG_3623.jpeg

IMG_3616.jpeg
Captain KIRK TO CYBERTRUCK: 'Beam me Up!'

deftguru

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner SR5 2006
Country flag
anyone want to go half on a box of baby wipes from Costco? šŸ˜… (9) 100 ct Flip-Top Lid Soft Packs for $22 is a great deal! šŸ„³

tingmo13

First Name
tashi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model Y
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
So weā€™re out of town visiting family in the Houston suburbs and happened to park close to sprinklers at the hotel. Overnight, the sprinklers came on and by morning we found one side of the truck covered in tough water spots that I couldnā€™t easily remove. I tried the window cleaner, water, and microfiber cloths, etc., all to no avail. Being 800+ miles from the rest of my cleanings supplies and power washer, I was at wits end trying to remedy the situation.

I wear glasses so when returning to the hotel earlier tonight, I also tried one of the Tesla recommended approaches, which is using glasses cleaning wipes. But it didnā€™t help either. Now really frustrated, I happened to see the baby wipes (fragrance free) in the car (we had watched our grandkids and still happened to have a package of wipes in the car). At first, I thought it was hand wipes we had brought with us. Anyway, I grabbed one just grasping at straws. Lo and behold it worked!

The spots came off easily. I wiped a small enough area to keep it wet so I could use a microfiber towel to then clean it and dry it with little additional effort. Then moved on to the adjacent areas, etc. I followed this up by wiping all the areas down with a damp (from water) microfiber towel and dry microfiber towel.

Before everyone toasts me for even attempting this, note Tesla recommends a mild acidic cleanser for ā€œsurface contaminationā€ as highlighted in one of the attached pictures.

The other neat finding is it works very well when used to wipe down the bug slaughterhouse section on the front of the truck. The bugs seemed to come right off.

Not sure if other baby wipes would work as well or not. Probably depends on their formulation.

Attached are pictures showing before and after shots of a few different areas, including the bug-slaughterhouse section. Also, the ingredient listing from the baby wipes package. Note one of the pics of the front shows the left side as having been quickly wiped down, and the right side before being wiped.

ChatGPT also says it makes sense, and is safe to use (for what itā€™s worth). It said the fibers are gentle enough not to scratch the stainless steel.

IMG_3610.jpeg

IMG_3611.jpeg

IMG_3613.jpeg

IMG_3617.jpeg

IMG_3614.jpeg

IMG_3615.jpeg

IMG_3621.jpeg

IMG_0485.jpeg

IMG_3623.jpeg

IMG_3616.jpeg
of course! Cybertruck is your baby!

Kuiper__Belt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck - Cyberbeast
Occupation
Telehealth Solutions Architect
Country flag

IMG_3610.jpeg

IMG_3611.jpeg

IMG_3613.jpeg

IMG_3617.jpeg

IMG_3614.jpeg

IMG_3615.jpeg

IMG_3621.jpeg

IMG_0485.jpeg

IMG_3623.jpeg

IMG_3616.jpeg
Sweet, I have a two year old so I have drawers full of these! Iā€™ll definitely be trying this out.

TexasRaider

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck + MS
Occupation
Civil
Country flag
Baby wipes was originally suggested from the Tesla Mechanic at my delivery.

TexasRaider

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck + MS
Occupation
Civil
Country flag
Thanks! Hadnā€™t seen that.
I havenā€™t tried it on the outside, but it works for the inside. Right now, Iā€™m just using elbow grease and ammonia free windex for finger prints.
But, I also wash the truck with traditional soap at the local manual truck wash without issues for the past 11k miles. šŸ˜„šŸ¤ 

g7bupw9z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY
Country flag

IMG_3610.jpeg

IMG_3611.jpeg

IMG_3613.jpeg

IMG_3617.jpeg

IMG_3614.jpeg

IMG_3615.jpeg

IMG_3621.jpeg

IMG_0485.jpeg

IMG_3623.jpeg

IMG_3616.jpeg
Got a box today. It works!

The pack I opened is not very wet, but works well enough.

Dekeman

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(2) ā€˜24 MX,ā€˜21 M3, Foundation AWD CT, On Order M3P
Occupation
Investor
Country flag
I also got my Kirkland baby wipes today and they totally removed these spots nothing else could get off. Thx šŸ™šŸ» so much.
Sponsored