easytravelman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Model X P90D signature
Occupation
Hard money lender. real estate and crypto investor
Country flag
I live in the Bay Area and my estimate is incoming. They believe it was be between $3,200 and $3,800. The thing people need to be aware of is that the PowerShare Gateway 3V and the Universal Wall Charger have to be physically linked via a communication wire. My main panel and UWC installation point is about 50 feet underneath my house via a crawl space. They said I am the 2nd install for non-employees they will be doing. All the previous ones were employees with the release candidate vehicles.

They also said they have 14 other units that just came in, so they are about to get busy. I should have it installed in the next 10 days (final date hasn’t been locked in yet). They said it will take about 8 hours to get the job done.
Hello Carlos, I am also in the Oakland Area. I have a home charger for that address but attempting to install home charger, powershare and possible power wall maybe even solar panels. However, as the power wall has 13 Kwh and the Cybertruck has 126 kWh I was thinking why spend the money on power wall and solar probably $30k. When Home charger and powershare will provide power in the event of failure longer then the power wall.
Sponsored

Kvothe

First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3LR
Country flag
Received my estimate for powershare install ($4,819 in Charlotte, NC), but am unsure what portion of this Tesla covers vs what I have to pay.
I see the Universal Wall Connector for $620, but it doesn't explicitly call out the powershare gateway cost. Any insights from others? Thanks.
Who was this through in Charlotte? I'm just south of Charlotte in SC and figure it might be the same group but have heard nothing since the initial survey

randy7fx

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Stealth Performance Model 3, Performance Model Y
Country flag
Who was this through in Charlotte? I'm just south of Charlotte in SC and figure it might be the same group but have heard nothing since the initial survey
Car Charging Pros. Hopefully you hear back soon! My install is scheduled the first week of June.

Fabville

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fabville.com
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model X, 2015 Model S P85D, AWD CT
Country flag
Just received my email about installing the PowerShare home back up from Tesla.

They said that an electrician will contact me and gave a name of the electrician, but how can I change to the Tesla certified electrician who has installed my other chargers for my 2 other teslas.

i would like o use the same one as he knows my house and the work he has done.
i tried to email back the original email but it came back as blocked.

does anyone know how to contact this department to change the electrician?

Thank you
@Timback

Any update on your PowerShare install? I’ve been getting a runaround with Tesla to try and get the hardware sent to a different installer. At first, they sent me the link to their certified electricians (which I already had), then they started quoting from this section of their PowerShare FAQ page. The installer they assigned me to seems to be doing some substantial price gouging.

Tesla Cybertruck Install of Powershare Home Backup hardware IMG_5268

JetHuxx

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MYP
Occupation
COO
Country flag
@Timback

Any update on your PowerShare install? I’ve been getting a runaround with Tesla to try and get the hardware sent to a different installer. At first, they sent me the link to their certified electricians (which I already had), then they started quoting from this section of their PowerShare FAQ page. The installer they assigned me to seems to be doing some substantial price gouging.

IMG_5268.jpeg
Any chance you can provide the point of contact you have at Tesla? I’m not having any luck down here in Charleston…

Ward L

First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, FS CT AWD
Country flag
Search for Tesla approved electricians in your area. Get quotes from the companies you want to deal with from the list and choose the quote you prefer. Send them the money and they will install it. That all sounds reasonable, but I have yet to get a quote back. Electricians must be slammed with work as we move to the new age of electricity. I continue to wait impatiently.

As a side point, I had some referral points. I tried to get a Wall Charger a couple of months ago with the points. Tesla said they would only send the wall charger to a Tesla approved electrician. But then last week I checked again, and Tesla dropped the requirement to send to a Tesla approved electrician. I have now received a Universal Wall Charger and hope to get it installed soon.
Sponsored