Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 M3P, 2021 MS Plaid, 2024 Cybertruck AWD
Country flag
I occasionally need to carry things in the 12 foot range of length, so I got this hitch mount bed extender that seems to work pretty well. It actually sets a little higher than the bed, so I made a simple 3” rack of boards in the bed under the long boards that I’m transporting. I might instead try cutting the bed extender to match the height of bed.

I also found an easy solution for a camera in the bed to keep an eye on the cargo. I got this wireless backup camera with magnetic mounting and a 10” receiver screen. There is apparently a piece of steel behind the plastic in the back of the bed that is a great position for mounting the camera with its magnet. The 10” screen fits just about perfectly between the Cybertruck’s screen and phone holder. If you set the mounting bracket for the 10” screen to the right postion, then it all stays in place. I drove around with this and it didn’t move at all. The only drawback is that I can’t put my phone in the inductive charger. The 10” screen is being powered by a 12v adapter for the usb-c port. It can all be easily removed when done carrying cargo.

Tesla Cybertruck Hitch mount bed extender for long cargo + quick easy bed camera. IMG_5443

Tesla Cybertruck Hitch mount bed extender for long cargo + quick easy bed camera. IMG_5439

Tesla Cybertruck Hitch mount bed extender for long cargo + quick easy bed camera. IMG_5440

Tesla Cybertruck Hitch mount bed extender for long cargo + quick easy bed camera. IMG_5437
Sponsored

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
Good solution. Well implemented. -- It's so odd that Tesla didn't look at competitors and see all the basic customer features that they've added based on years of customer feedback ... ala bed camera. I know Ford and Rivian do and I think Chevolet Silverado [EV] does as their other trucks do.

Last edited:

SeattleTom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Cybertruck (soon!)
Country flag
I occasionally need to carry things in the 12 foot range of length, so I got this hitch mount bed extender that seems to work pretty well. It actually sets a little higher than the bed, so I made a simple 3” rack of boards in the bed under the long boards that I’m transporting. I might instead try cutting the bed extender to match the height of bed.

I also found an easy solution for a camera in the bed to keep an eye on the cargo. I got this wireless backup camera with magnetic mounting and a 10” receiver screen. There is apparently a piece of steel behind the plastic in the back of the bed that is a great position for mounting the camera with its magnet. The 10” screen fits just about perfectly between the Cybertruck’s screen and phone holder. If you set the mounting bracket for the 10” screen to the right postion, then it all stays in place. I drove around with this and it didn’t move at all. The only drawback is that I can’t put my phone in the inductive charger. The 10” screen is being powered by a 12v adapter for the usb-c port. It can all be easily removed when done carrying cargo.

IMG_5443.jpeg

IMG_5439.jpeg

IMG_5440.jpeg

IMG_5437.jpeg
Link to wireless backup camera?

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.meyerwine.com
Vehicles
Model 3, '73 GMC truck, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist, Vintner
Country flag
Could you post product links? This is pretty dope

OP
OP
TheEternalShore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 M3P, 2021 MS Plaid, 2024 Cybertruck AWD
Country flag
The camera and screen.

Going to need a 12v to usb-c adapter.

You’ll have to figure out from the pictures how I have the screen mounted. If you position the mounting bracket like I did, then the screen should just set in place with very little wiggle room. It kind of hooks over the end of the phone holder and the top just barely sets against the bottom of the Cybertruck’s screen. Super easy to set in place and remove when not using. Also, you probably won’t be able to mount the camera where I did with its antenna attached, but it apparently doesn’t need the antenna at that range.
Sponsored