Cybertruck needs to have vehicle to home charging (V2H)

Galactus55

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightng Lariat ER, 2014 Chevy Volt
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Running your house off of a giant frozen battery is going to seriously affect run time.
Hi Ogre
That maybe a good point. They truck is On and locked with all cabin environment controlls off so the battery is being conditioned by truck systems. So it's not completly frozen 🥶. 200 hours is a rough guess. In the end we had no power for 15 hours. Used 9% from battery.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Galactus55

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just went simple if power goes out I plug in the truck. Low cost setup. 2 x 240 volt 30amp 8 x 120 volt 15 amp curcuits. This cost me a total $1,100.00 CAD. It helped that my panel is in the garage.;)
1665856187741-png.png

Keeping the Home Heat and lights on during winter blizzard power outage!!! Calculated 200 hours run time with 30% battery at cut off. Will vary by load use.;)
1680373706090-png.png
That was a very interesting night. We knew the storm was coming, so I setup the charging on the truck to 100%. I plugged in the cable from the truck to the transfer switch in the garage. We waited. Just after dark sure enough the power dropped out. Turned on the truck, turned on the pro power. All good.

We watch the storm out the windows I could see about ever other of my neighbours up and down the street had power. Genac salesman made a good amout of sales here. Anyways about 1 hour into the blackout I noticed no one had power!! I found out later the Genacs were failing left and right. The poor service guy was out there all night fixing the units. The main problem was the snow was plugging the air intake filters stalling the generators.

Greshnab

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Software Arrchitect
Country flag
part of what I said was ... " and they build the options into the app for the solar wall/tesla .. you SHOULD eventually be able to power the house via solar wall from the tesla. "

are you implying an installed powerwll or other solar storage unit doesn't include cut off settings.. i find that a little difficult to buy.

or are you just emphasizing that yep they need the additional parts built into the system.

Galactus55

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Around $700.00 Reliance Controls 30 Amp 7500W 10-Circuit Indoor Transfer Switch Kit
Model # 310CRK|Store SKU # 1001061741 Canadian Home Depot US unit maybe different.
I took the generator connector plug out of the remote outside box, and installed it in the optional position in the transfer switch panel. Since the Lightning has no gas fumes I kept the system all in the garage.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck needs to have vehicle to home charging (V2H) 1669586086988-
Sponsored