RentCybertruckUSA

RentCybertruckUSA

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck FS AWD
Country flag
I can do the matte, just added that option. As far as the A & B, they must be ordered that way. The shop’s cut file cuts those in one swoop, and they aren’t going to change that unfortunately. Sorry, that is out of my hands.
Sponsored

lowtek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Plaid
Occupation
I do things.
Country flag
Please. Let's be real here. The hardened stainless steel cannot "chip" in any normal road situation.
Rocks and debris will definitelly chip the stainless.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Rocks and debris will definitelly chip the stainless.
Incorrect. The metal doesn't chip. That's something paint does, glass chips too. Metal can chip, but only very unusual, very brittle metal, or under unusual circumstances that you will not find on a typical roadway. The metal used in the Cybertruck is not brittle enough for highway stones to chip it. If it leaves a small pockmark, it can be polished right out. The best part is, even if you do nothing, it won't start rusting.

Let's just get one thing straight: The body on the Cybertruck is the most damage resistant of any pickup on the market. No other trucks can even come close to the ability of the Cybertruck to avoid chips and dents. It's a night and day difference, not an incremental improvement.

lowtek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Plaid
Occupation
I do things.
Country flag
Let's just get one thing straight: The body on the Cybertruck is the most damage resistant of any pickup on the market. No other trucks can even come close to the ability of the Cybertruck to avoid chips and dents. It's a night and day difference, not an incremental improvement.
Glad you straightened us out :LOL: (29:45)

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Glad you straightened us out :LOL: (29:45)

A "chip" means a chip of the material was removed. A "pit" caused by a stone impact on the Cybertruck is not a chip because no material was removed, it was simply deformed. That's why polishing is so effective on it.

For example, on a true chip, like you would get on a traditionally painted car, the chip typically goes down to the zinc primer, that's to say, it goes all the way through the clearcoat and the paint layers. It cannot be polished out.

In contrast, a rock pit on the Cybertruck will typically not even go 1/10 of 1% through the material. It can actually be polished out as if it never happened. Colton spoke correctly when he called it a "pit", he mispoke when he called it a "chip". It can't really fracture and chip like paint does. If it could, it would be a lot deeper and harder to polish out. But we don't have to worry about that because it can't happen.

OP
OP
RentCybertruckUSA

RentCybertruckUSA

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck FS AWD
Country flag
Thanks,
Couple of follow up questions, it looks like the new items is all of A (which I want) and all of B (of which I only want the hood piece not the 2 fender pieces). Looks like only in gloss as well. Any chance of getting all of A, Plus the Hood only and the pieces in matte?
Thanks again!
I noticed our price was a little high based on higher costs than I thought. That should also help! $399 now.

TeslaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Occupation
Various
Country flag
I noticed our price was a little high based on higher costs than I thought. That should also help! $399 now.
Ok I will check it out, I do already have a clear gloss piece of PPF over the headlight strip. Since the frunk is going to be vinyl wrapped in a pattern that is satin finish I figured that getting matte pieces for the front of the frunk and the top hood portion of the frunk will protect the vinyl graphics underneath from damage.

For the light strip at the top of the frunk, does it matter if I cover that in matte or gloss? Since it is a light I thought maybe that piece should be gloss while the pieces that cover the metal should be matte. What are your thoughts?

OP
OP
RentCybertruckUSA

RentCybertruckUSA

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck FS AWD
Country flag
Ok I will check it out, I do already have a clear gloss piece of PPF over the headlight strip. Since the frunk is going to be vinyl wrapped in a pattern that is satin finish I figured that getting matte pieces for the front of the frunk and the top hood portion of the frunk will protect the vinyl graphics underneath from damage.

For the light strip at the top of the frunk, does it matter if I cover that in matte or gloss? Since it is a light I thought maybe that piece should be gloss while the pieces that cover the metal should be matte. What are your thoughts?
Yes to gloss over lights for sure!

TeslaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Occupation
Various
Country flag
Yes to gloss over lights for sure!
Ok so then the pieces I would need are:

Top of frunk hood in Matte
Light strip on frunk in Gloss
Front face of frunk in Matte

:)

Is that combo available? (I know I can buy the light strip piece separately elsewhere for $80 but thought I'd ask)
Sponsored