Body panel coming up

JGTESLA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation Cyberbeast, G Class Mercedes
Country flag
Does anyone know if there is an easy way to tighten this panel? It started coming up tonight. Previously it was flush. In the gap I can see what looks like a bolt I could tighten. Next service appointment isn’t until mid month. Thinking it could be worth trying to tighten it a bit.

Side note: Tonight was the first time using the windshield wiper. Given the location of where this is lifting off, I’m wondering if it came loose due to the wiper being engaged for the first time.

IMG_9763.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
Does anyone know if there is an easy way to tighten this panel? It started coming up tonight. Previously it was flush. In the gap I can see what looks like a bolt I could tighten. Next service appointment isn’t until mid month. Thinking it could be worth trying to tighten it a bit.

Side note: Tonight was the first time using the windshield wiper. Given the location of where this is lifting off, I’m wondering if it came loose due to the wiper being engaged for the first time.

IMG_9763.jpeg
'Use the BAW Luke'

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag

IMG_9763.jpeg
Give it a shot ....nothing too loose!
Life is short.....'Make it so' ( STAR TREK.)
If you get lost on Life's Journey, it's a case of 'To Lose Le Trek'

Texarado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
’24 CT AWD FS; ’18 Model 3 AWD
Country flag

IMG_9763.jpeg
I am waiting on a service appointment for them to work on mine. Mine had one delivered that wasn’t flush. If they can’t tighten they’ll replace.

OP
OP

JGTESLA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation Cyberbeast, G Class Mercedes
Country flag
Quick update for folks if this happens to them. It was an easy fix where it just needed to be tightened. Service team had me stop by now in advance of my appointment scheduled later this month. Took no more than 5 mins, including the guy's time to go grab a tool. Great experience.

When I bring it back later this month, they were going to look at that panel and see if it had loosened up any/confirm proper fit.

Topher

First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Founder's Ed Dual-Motor
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
That panel can be loosened and tightened with small screws. They are loosened when installing vinyl/ppf wrap and then retightened.
Sponsored