At Banff destination charger. Granting he is anti-EV.

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
:eek: But did he have to use his ICE car to do it?

Yeah, why not do it with a sledge hammer? Ok, maybe to avoid legal liability that this is an accident.

Recalled those Tik Tok'ers smashing their six-pack Bud Lite in protest.

Maybe, we'll also see Elon fan boiz here in support of his fight with Gates smashing their computers for carrying a Miscrosoft systems.:ROFLMAO:

IMG_9645.jpeg
Sponsored

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
:eek: But did he have to use his ICE car to do it?

Yeah, why not do it with a sledge hammer? Ok, maybe to avoid legal liability that this is an accident.

Recalled those Tik Tok'ers smashing their six-pack Bud Lite in protest.

Maybe, we'll also see Elon fan boiz here in support of his fight with Gates smashing their computers for carrying a Miscrosoft systems.:ROFLMAO:
More than like, if the driver was the one to do it, then they may not have realized it and are more upset with the scratches on the vehicle.

But on the other hand it appears that an EV maybe did the exact same thing on the other side.

And then you have the crappy Tesla owners who couldn't spend a few seconds to coil the cord over the pedestal like you are supposed to.
And it appears that you didn't have the courtesy to do it either!

Much easier to take a picture and throw blame to everyone else.

OP
OP

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Country flag
More than like, if the driver was the one to do it, then they may not have realized it and are more upset with the scratches on the vehicle.

But on the other hand it appears that an EV maybe did the exact same thing on the other side.

And then you have the crappy Tesla owners who couldn't spend a few seconds to coil the cord over the pedestal like you are supposed to.
And it appears that you didn't have the courtesy to do it either!

Much easier to take a picture and throw blame to everyone else.
I have water hoses neatly coiled at home.

Sorry, I don't carry pictures of it while travelling.

And I may have stopped no less than a dozen of them on the way to Idaho, Montana, Alberta, BC and now Washington.

Tell me then where are those people who are so thoughtful that they coil the hoses because I have not seen any that is.

Or, maybe as I suspect a quarrel with a wife or a persistent impacted bowel that made you specially anal today that you got that nerve to tell me to coil them instead of taking picture of that apparent idiocy. Then I would understand. :ROFLMAO:

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag

And I may have stopped no less than a dozen of them on the way to Idaho, Montana, Alberta, BC and now Washington.

Tell me then where are those people who are so thoughtful that they coil the hoses because I have not seen any that is.

Or, maybe as I suspect a quarrel with a wife or a persistent impacted bowel that made you specially anal today that you got that nerve to tell me to coil them instead of taking picture of that apparent idiocy. Then I would understand. :ROFLMAO:
I've seen a lot of people do it. And I absolutely will.

If you want good things in life, you have to take care of them.

I'd coil this cord because it may mean keeping someone from snagging the hose and ripping it off, tripping over, running over it and damaging the wires. And to generally make it look better, because no retailer wants their lor to be dirty. Make then not regret installing the free service.

Picking up the cord in response to free charging is easily worth it.

As to being anal today, remember you started complaining about what have may been an innocent accident. AFAIK at the time of the picture, the driver may have recognized that he hit the sign and moved it back into position. I'm hoping that they didn't actually damage the bumper.

OP
OP

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Country flag
@Woodrick - You are definitely virtue-signaling making us believe you are better than us.

But I don't see such need as there is not even have the hook to do it nor see the danger of what you feared for happening.

Unless you are delusional or manufacturing rage, you'll see that those cords as outside of those green shades where cars are supposed to park.

Anyway, unsolicited advice, less coffee and more fiber should do your impacted bowel good. :p

Spacenoddle

First Name
Nan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
IT
Country flag

How was the charging situation between banff and Washington?

OP
OP

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Country flag
How was the charging situation between banff and Washington?
There are a lot of chargers in Washington itself as we hit Spokane.

The challenege is in Banff area itself with the sole supercharger in Canmore and destination chargers in Banff itself.

Then the dearth of superchargers in Montana (Glacier NP area) to Calgary.

I have to do close planning, with multiple resource like on-board planner, Tesla charger find us website, Google maps and Excel. :rolleyes:

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
@Woodrick - You are definitely virtue-signaling making us believe you are better than us.

But I don't see such need as there is not even have the hook to do it nor see the danger of what you feared for happening.

Unless you are delusional or manufacturing rage, you'll see that those cords as outside of those green shades where cars are supposed to park.
Just because you are new to EVs, doesn't mean that you are right.

I just went to the main Tesla charging site. While this is the Wall Connector and not the Destination Connector, the same area exists. Although it may appear that the cord holder is built into the pedestal at this location.
You hang the cord over the pedestal.

1719841693319-ql.png

A few actual destination chargers
1719841884627-dj.png
1719841898561-k5.png
1719841924604-hp.png
1719841938373-3u.png

I guess you may be one of those who leaves shopping carts in the middle of the lot as well.

OP
OP

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Country flag
Seriously, you went all the way to the nearest destination charger, wound up those hoses and took pictures so you can justify your virtue signaling?

Dude, your appointment to your shrink may be ovedue.

Yes, I leave shopping carts in the middle of the road. And I shoot puppies too to channel my inner governor. :ROFLMAO:

Frank_Castle

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation series AWD ordered
Country flag
How about this one? Is this an EV? This particular station gets ice bombed all the time with ample open parking spots else where.

PXL_20240628_185415722.jpg

OP
OP

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Country flag
@Frank_Castle ~ Talked to a Tesla X owner that when she is in a "redneck" (her words) states, she gets dangerously cut in highways, rolling coal(ed), flipped and saw EV chargers being used ro park even on a non congested areas.

Must be a national character. In Canada where it's mostly paid parking and congested, while parking when EV charging is free, I have not seen this happen.

Last one I've seen this done is in Montana before I cross the border.

Sad!

Last edited:

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Seriously, you went all the way to the nearest destination charger, wound up those hoses and took pictures so you can justify your virtue signaling?

Dude, your appointment to your shrink may be ovedue.

Yes, I leave shopping carts in the middle of the road. And I shoot puppies too to channel my inner governor. :ROFLMAO:
No, I'd say stop being stupid, but that may be hard.

Those were examples of where the cord goes, since you evidently didn't know where they were " as there is not even have the hook to do it " as there is not even have the hook to do it "

But yes, I'll often do it at the stations I visit, f they are on the ground. I'd personally like to see most stations last for a long time, not treated like dirt and die and early death, as many do.

At one of the locations that I visit regularly, the restaurant has two pedestals with a Tesla and J-1772 on each. Not even 500 ft away at the Kroger, owned by the same guy, there's a pedestal out there that has been abused to death and barely works. Cables lay on the ground, ICE vehicles often run over them.

You know, it is possible to just be nice and respect what others have done for you!

Giskard

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla MYP / Cybertruck AWD (VIN assigned)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I tend to tidy up cables at L2 chargers when I see them in disarray too. Just seems like good karma to me. I tend to fetch a shopping cart from the area I park (if one is there) and bring it in with me for the same reason.

OP
OP

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Country flag
No, I'd say stop being stupid, but that may be hard.

Those were examples of where the cord goes, since you evidently didn't know where they were " as there is not even have the hook to do it " as there is not even have the hook to do it "

But yes, I'll often do it at the stations I visit, f they are on the ground. I'd personally like to see most stations last for a long time, not treated like dirt and die and early death, as many do.

At one of the locations that I visit regularly, the restaurant has two pedestals with a Tesla and J-1772 on each. Not even 500 ft away at the Kroger, owned by the same guy, there's a pedestal out there that has been abused to death and barely works. Cables lay on the ground, ICE vehicles often run over them.

You know, it is possible to just be nice and respect what others have done for you!
How about for us who really have a life other than finding something to criticize and hate as a chance to look goody good to just leave it as it is found?

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
How about for us who really have a life other than finding something to criticize and hate as a chance to look goody good to just leave it as it is found?
Really? Let's go back to the original poster and the original post, oh yeah, that was you!

You could have easily left that situation alone, but yet you decided to criticize others.

Again, Really?
Sponsored