Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
My Foundation Cyberbeast was delivered two months ago and like everyone else’s, had no lightbar. Today I saw a Cybertruck parked on the street with a lightbar. I got excited cause I thought they started delivering with lightbars, until I saw the license plate, which said “manufacturer”. In any case, the lightbar looks way cooler than I thought it would, so I can’t wait to get mine. Here’s some pics:
Possible prototype on test vehicle.
Sponsored

Lasttoy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 & 2017 S. CT ordered 30 may
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Quote y my GM
"" light bars are not made yet. U will bring trucks back to have them installed ""
I'd guess next year

Cybertruck26

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR
Occupation
Engineer, Space nerd
Country flag
In states like CA, per the law: they don't have to be removed, they need to be covered. That said... This state doesn't even enforce people driving around without insurance or license plates, so I doubt you will get a ticket for an uncovered light bar.

BeFamousVideo

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Telsa M3 Long Range. CT Beast expected 3/2024
Occupation
AI Automation Agency owner
Country flag
That CT is not a CB in your pictures, but obviously someone at the plant decided to stick a light bar up top for testing. According to one of my sources at Tesla the light bar is still a few months away. I wouldn't hold my breath. IMHO Tesla needs to have the outside clear shell light lens angled backwards like the windshield but inside that unit the lights are angled downward for projecting onto the road. This would have the benefit of reduced drag while still providing targeted lighting. Whomever designed the bar in this image seems to have missed that so I'm hoping this isn't a final version.
This installation looks like it would send light through the windshield and be bad for the driver. I hope this is not the final version too. Maybe Tesla thought it was a good idea but the engineering turned out to be a rework.

mongo

Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t think Tesla will give anyone the light bar, they can’t mount on cybertruck in Tesla service center eater it is illegal to drive on the street with an LED light bar turned on…
They can mount it because...
I think the wording comes down to the “and configure it for light at control”. So they could install it, hook it up, leave it set in the setting to turn it on manually be the user. They just can’t configure it to do that themselves.
... the service manual instructions do not include connecting the wires. So it's only decorative when it leaves the service center.

Gaximus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model S, Cybertruck (waiting VIN)
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag

... the service manual instructions do not include connecting the wires. So it's only decorative when it leaves the service center.
Step 17 in the manual says to power, then links to the steps on how to do that.

justinpratt

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Tri, Jeep Rubi 392, Tesla Y Performance, BMW M3
Country flag
I recall reading it would be installed at a later date.

Gaximus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model S, Cybertruck (waiting VIN)
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
That step is to restore the MV of the vehicle, not connect the lightbar. It's the reverse of step 2.
Ah. I see. Seems strange to disconnect the power if they aren’t connecting anything to it. The instructions show routing the electrical harness but never connecting it.
Also, in step 15 it shows the harness going out of the light at and back into the truck. Looks pretty awful.

mongo

Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
Ah. I see. Seems strange to disconnect the power if they aren’t connecting anything to it. The instructions show routing the electrical harness but never connecting it.
Also, in step 15 it shows the harness going out of the light at and back into the truck. Looks pretty awful.
I'n guessing an earlier version did have the connection step, but it was removed without any further edits beyond automatic renumbering.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag

From what I've heard, even mounting it is illegal.

I mean, it's really stupid to think that you have a lightbar for decoration only. Of course it is going to get connected!

Stuck4ger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ / Model Y
Occupation
Test Pilot
Country flag
This installation looks like it would send light through the windshield and be bad for the driver. I hope this is not the final version too. Maybe Tesla thought it was a good idea but the engineering turned out to be a rework.
I’m willing to bet Tesla engineers actually thought this through and it will neither reflect off the hood or refract through the glass into the truck interior.

BeFamousVideo

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Telsa M3 Long Range. CT Beast expected 3/2024
Occupation
AI Automation Agency owner
Country flag
I’m willing to bet Tesla engineers actually thought this through and it will neither reflect off the hood or refract through the glass into the truck interior.
Right. I have a lot of faith that the Tesla engineers know what they are doing.

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Soon to be... 2024 AWD Cybertruck!
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
The lightbar will be delivered with your wheel covers. :rolleyes:

Stuck4ger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ / Model Y
Occupation
Test Pilot
Country flag
The lightbar will be delivered with your wheel covers. :rolleyes:
You’re probably just trying to be funny but in case you’re not, I expect the SC will make you an appointment for you whenever the wheel covers or light bar or range extender are individually ready for install (and not wait for all three).
Sponsored