Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Occupation
Various
Country flag
The wiper stays down to vent the water and prevent it from running up the window. You can see it slide off. I have not figured out why it chooses to hold in the down sometimes and not during others, but for me it seems only when the rain is very light. If you leave it alone it will come back to home after a minute.
To further clarify, in my instance, no water, completely dry weather, day or night at some random time the wiper arm will suddenly come down and park for a bit, maybe 30 seconds, maybe a minute, maybe a couple minutes max, then it will go back up. Windshield is perfectly clean, doesn't seem to matter if heading into the sun or away from the sun and it has done it on a cloudy day, but again no rain or moisture, just a random wiping... it isn't a big deal to me, maybe it is on some sort of timer and after awhile it just decides to wipe for good measure I dunno, I assume at some point it will get fixed in a software update or I will get so used to it that i forget about it...
Sponsored

OP
OP
TeslaKen

TeslaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Occupation
Various
Country flag
I have a model 3 as well. This doesn’t happen in that one.
I think what I will try is going into the 3, selecting all the items with a blue dot to clear them, then jump out and immediately into the CT and do the same and then see if they come back or not.

sgmorton

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MS P100DL+. M3P, CT
Occupation
Programmer
Country flag
To further clarify, in my instance, no water, completely dry weather, day or night at some random time the wiper arm will suddenly come down and park for a bit, maybe 30 seconds, maybe a minute, maybe a couple minutes max, then it will go back up. Windshield is perfectly clean, doesn't seem to matter if heading into the sun or away from the sun and it has done it on a cloudy day, but again no rain or moisture, just a random wiping... it isn't a big deal to me, maybe it is on some sort of timer and after awhile it just decides to wipe for good measure I dunno, I assume at some point it will get fixed in a software update or I will get so used to it that i forget about it...

Yes I'm getting the same behavior. Random and dry... At first I thought it was detecting a dirty camera on the back but it seems to be really random.

sgmorton

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MS P100DL+. M3P, CT
Occupation
Programmer
Country flag
Also for the record my Model S and my wife's Model 3 also do the random wipe when it's dry. I think it's just shitty software across the board.

JesseDGreat

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 CT AWD Foundation, 2022 Model S, 2023 Model 3
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
I installed 2024.14.11 yesterday...but my CT is at the service center so cant try it out. but I did see "CHARGE OF SOLAR" on the top now!!! YEY

Nebucheri

First Name
Nebu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx 350 L, Cybertruck F S.
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This is exactly happened to me after the software update! No biggie anyway !

Pablito3

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escalade ESV, 🔜 Cyberbeast
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
Its seems like my phantom battery drain has been about halved with this update. I was getting consistently about 8.5% battery drain daily while just sitting with sentry off. In fact when I had sentry on, I had the same battery drain so that didn’t seem to impact the battery drain at all.

It appears my battery drain has gone down to about 4% per day from about 8.5% per day. I need a few days of non driving to confirm this for sure. The 8.5% drain is just wrong, how the truck is using about 10kwh per day just sitting is a serious issue. TBH 5kw daily is still alot but it’s a huge improvement from 10kwh.

Anyone else see a reduction of the phantom battery drain with this update?

OP
OP
TeslaKen

TeslaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Occupation
Various
Country flag
Its seems like my phantom battery drain has been about halved with this update. I was getting consistently about 8.5% battery drain daily while just sitting with sentry off. In fact when I had sentry on, I had the same battery drain so that didn’t seem to impact the battery drain at all.

It appears my battery drain has gone down to about 4% per day from about 8.5% per day. I need a few days of non driving to confirm this for sure. The 8.5% drain is just wrong, how the truck is using about 10kwh per day just sitting is a serious issue. TBH 5kw daily is still alot but it’s a huge improvement from 10kwh.

Anyone else see a reduction of the phantom battery drain with this update?
I did not measure my battery drain previously but I have noticed that it is certainly higher than my model 3 performance which I can charge to 90% and unplug and a day later maybe it is down 1 mile of range. On the Cybertruck after 8 hours it is already down 2-3 miles of range while still plugged in. I was going to install the teslafi app on it and see if I could have teslafi force a deep sleep state and keep it there and see if that has an impact.

TexasRaider

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck + MS
Occupation
Civil
Country flag
Yes. Over 40mph the wipers parks down. Any time you enable cruise it turns auto wiper back on. So that combination causes this behavior.
Ditto for my CT. It’s sadly part of how Tesla's auto wipers work since I’ve had a Tes in 2017. I’m thankful that my 2017MS has an option for normal wipers.

SteelMyHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Ditto for my CT. It’s sadly part of how Tesla's auto wipers work since I’ve had a Tes in 2017. I’m thankful that my 2017MS has an option for normal wipers.
I noticed today that my wipers were going nuts after I pushed the button for a one time morning dew cleaning and then I looked in the wiper menu and it was set on speed II, not auto. Check to make sure your wipers are actually on auto and don't have some random switch over. Mine were on auto prior to update so not sure what happened but now only occasional phantom wiper, like once per 40 to 50 miles.

TexasRaider

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck + MS
Occupation
Civil
Country flag
I noticed today that my wipers were going nuts after I pushed the button for a one time morning dew cleaning and then I looked in the wiper menu and it was set on speed II, not auto. Check to make sure your wipers are actually on auto and don't have some random switch over. Mine were on auto prior to update so not sure what happened but now only occasional phantom wiper, like once per 40 to 50 miles.
My CT switches my OFF wipers to AUTO every few minutes, I’ve noticed. As though it won’t let me have the wipers NOT ever on manual/off.

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
My CT switches my OFF wipers to AUTO every few minutes, I’ve noticed. As though it won’t let me have the wipers NOT ever on manual/off.
When you engage cruise control, auto wipers turn back on. That's what's causing it.

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
Mine happens without ACC engaged. (2014.14.11)
your wipers revert back to auto during a period where you never turned ACC on? Because if you turn it on, and then back off, and the wipers are back on auto, that's normal. If you know for sure you did not engage ACC between turning auto wipers off and finding them on again, that's not normal.

TexasRaider

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck + MS
Occupation
Civil
Country flag
your wipers revert back to auto during a period where you never turned ACC on? Because if you turn it on, and then back off, and the wipers are back on auto, that's normal. If you know for sure you did not engage ACC between turning auto wipers off and finding them on again, that's not normal.
Confirmed. I’ll submit my issue with Tesla.
Thank you. 🤙🏻
Sponsored