Geverson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y and X
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Lost my bedside sail appliqué assembly on highway. Replaced at Service Center in 30 minutes. Only problem I’ve had. Love truck after 5 weeks. Fatigued with attention.
IMG_4290.jpeg
IMG_4289.jpeg
I put in a ticket two months ago. They applied double-face tape and called it a day. Two weeks later, it got loose again and created a crease. I'm waiting for the parts to be replaced.
Sponsored

Cybertruck 1974

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Environmental Health
Country flag
I have three and Tesla only sent me one for appointment. Sail, Pedal, Wiper Motor. Tesla only has Pedal down for me now.

4Frodo

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y traded in for Foundation Series Cybertruck
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
st
Over 11k Cybertrucks have been recalled due to the wiper motor potentially having electrical overstress.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2024/TESLA/CYBERTRUCK/PU%2FCC/AWD

https://www.reuters.com/business/au...cybertruck-electric-pickup-trucks-2024-06-25/

Tesla recalls thousands of Cybertrucks over windshield wiper, exterior trim issues

June 25, 2024

June 25 (Reuters) - Tesla is recalling 11,688 Cybertruck electric pickup trucks as a failure of the windshield wiper could reduce visibility, increasing the risk of a crash, the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) said.

The EV maker also is recalling 11,383 units of the pickup truck as a trim in the trunk bed could have been improperly attached, potentially becoming loose and creating a road hazard for motorists behind, a separate notice from the NHTSA said.

"Excessive electrical current can cause the front windshield wiper motor controller to fail," the auto safety regulator said in a recall acknowledgement letter on Monday.
The company's service team will replace the wiper motor and apply an adhesion promoter and pressure sensitive tape or replace the missing trim free of charge for affected vehicles, the letters said.
I still have the same issues and when I scheduled a repair for both issues, they stated the parts and repair could not occur for several weeks and stated to schedule an appointment mid august. like yikes... but hopefully it will be repaired finally.

if you have this issue below, you should schedule a recall as well.

MisterL

First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Configured
Country flag
Lost my bedside sail appliqué assembly on highway. Replaced at Service Center in 30 minutes. Only problem I’ve had. Love truck after 5 weeks. Fatigued with attention.
IMG_4290.jpeg
IMG_4289.jpeg
I setup a service call for mine as well, listed all of the above starting with the wiper motor, I received a message that parts needed to be ordered and they'd email me when the parts were available and closed my request. So far no issues with my wiper motor other than it wipes now and again in a complete heat wave here in Atlanta where there's no rain in site. Its a hunit K, I want it all to work but very satisfied and getting fatigued with the attention as well, have learned to just look front, don't look side to side or you're inviting conversation, trouble, 20 minutes of your time.
Sponsored