Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TeslaM3,Triton4WD,LRDiscoTd5,JackarooV6,TerranoII
Occupation
Learning Technologist, University sector
Country flag
Here's the latest version of my chart comparing the off-road-specific specifications and features of full-size electric trucks (with the Ford F-150 Raptor (ICE) as a reference).

I've found the amount of noise on the Net hides the fact that the Cybertruck is actually extremely competitive on all the specifications and features that actually matter for off-road 4WD owners such as myself.

Many comparisons concentrate on towing range which, though an important capability for around 7% of truck owners, is not the only important feature for those who, like me, take their Pickup trucks (called Utes here in Australia) off-road.

Additions, corrections and comments appreciated.
Tesla Cybertruck Offroad Specs Comparison Chart -- Cybertruck vs Rivian, Lightning, Silverado, Hummer, Raptor CyberTruck Off-Road Comparison v6
Sponsored

rizvend

First Name
JAKEMBL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybrtrk, aptera reserved
Occupation
Nurse Informaticist
Country flag
Here's the latest version of my chart comparing the off-road-specific specifications and features of full-size electric trucks (with the Ford F-150 Raptor (ICE) as a reference).

I've found the amount of noise on the Net hides the fact that the Cybertruck is actually extremely competitive on all the specifications and features that actually matter for off-road 4WD owners such as myself.

Many comparisons concentrate on towing range which, though an important capability for around 7% of truck owners, is not the only important feature for those who, like me, take their Pickup trucks (called Utes here in Australia) off-road.

Additions, corrections and comments appreciated.
CyberTruck Off-Road Comparison v6.png
Love criteria based critiques.👍

MetalBonsai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Model 3, '17 RX350, eventually CT
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
Not bad at all for a truck that "a child could draw". :ROFLMAO:

Jokes aside, my nephew and his friend made a toy Cybertruck out of cardboard and duct tape and I thought that was totally rad. Much harder to make a decent F-150 with those materials, so that's another stat you can add. Cardboardability rating.

SONNYDUT

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX470, 3x Audi A3, Honda Van, Model S, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
CAD Designer
Country flag
This list should exclude the F150 Raptor R. it is Not an EV truck.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
It's the most capable off-road ICE truck. Good to include it for comparison purposes.

I applaud the effort to put together this chart, it really highlights how much better the Cybertruck is. I do think the approach and departure angles are under-rated relative to some of the others though. I think in extract mode the angles might be considerably better than officially reported.

Stats are good and all, but they can't fully represent how much better the Cybertruck is with it's steer by wire. The ease at which it can 'thread the needle" at low speeds is under-reported. I used to get sweaty steering my F-150 off-road. Due to the SBW, the Cybertruck is more akin to playing a video game. And there is never any harsh steering kickback, which is a big plus off-road.

Thanks to the OP for putting this together!

DistilledBison

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM
Occupation
Designer
Country flag
Full disclosure, I am an ICE guy to the bone and dont see myself daily driving an EV anytime soon. That being said, the cybertruck is near and dear to my heart for a multitude of reasons so I respect the love it has here. Jumping into the notes I have below:

1. JUMPING: Those rear tires are definitely off the ground quite a bit. Also, the raptor was going off a completely different jump, kinda hard to compare that those two.
Tesla Cybertruck Offroad Specs Comparison Chart -- Cybertruck vs Rivian, Lightning, Silverado, Hummer, Raptor 1719523378247-qb

2. EPA RANGE: Since you mentioned the V6 raptor in price near the bottom, I would think it makes sense to include it in the range estimate as well. I'm seeing range estimates anywhere from 600-800+ miles on a tank. Which eclipses anything in the EV space.
Tesla Cybertruck Offroad Specs Comparison Chart -- Cybertruck vs Rivian, Lightning, Silverado, Hummer, Raptor 1719524204604-qx

3. PRICING: The single motor Cybertruck does not exist in reality, therefor should not be counted here. We already got burned once with the tri-motor cost, whose to say it wont happen again?

4. DRIVER ASSIST FEATURES: Again, I think we should only account for things that currently exist in the market as of today. Promises are only promises until it makes it into the hands of the consumers. Also, ford does have active collision avoidance/autobraking/lane keep assist in their trucks. Maybe we need to re-define what this category is? (hands free driving off road seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen)

5. SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE: Lets just be safe and assume that if it has an air filter, it'll need to be replaced. Same goes for moving components in the drivetrain, if all of the EV trucks require some form of inspection then I guarantee the CT will need it at the same intervals to some extent.

6.SECURE STORAGE: We might need to take a closer look at the numbers on the silverado with a midgate, thats nearly 11 continuous feet of flat storage. Now if you can cover that with a tonneau of sorts, that might set the CT back a bit.

7. 0-60: raptor R has been officially clocked at 3.7s by motortrend, putting it ahead of the silverado and lightning. https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2023-ford-raptor-r-first-test-review/

8. BED LENGTH: the silverado midgate does exist, so it technically has the higher bed capacity at 10ft 10in.

9. HEAT PUMP: Raptor R has an oil cooler, radiator, condenser. Little confusing to say it has no separate cooling system for engine, oil, and cabin. Also doesn't have to rely on a battery to fuel any of those things, except maybe fuel itself heh.

10. 110V, 240V, POWER DELIVERY: Since the v6 raptor was included, you can technically option the V6 raptor with 2kw onboard power. Now whether you would want to power your campsite for Days with any of these vehicles would be a challenge if you didn't have accessible re-fueling options within range.

11. WINDOW GLASS: Tesla marketing may have stretched that claim, i'm sure its laminated glass just like the rest of the EV landscape, but I will happily say i'm wrong when i'm shown a proper side by side test.

This is all I could see for now, great info though, thanks for putting this together!

OP
OP

Rocwurst

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Sonny, I included the Raptor for comparative purposes As it says in the title of the chart.

This helps to show how good the EVs are compared to the best production off-road ICE truck In most off-road specs.

OP
OP

Rocwurst

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Didn't CT already get the 10deg turning radius update?
My understanding was that the extra 10 degrees is being enabled in stages. If you can share a link to a more recent review that shows a turning circle tighter than the 38.7 feet mentioned above, I‘d be very happy to include it.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Rocwurst

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Full disclosure, I am an ICE guy to the bone and dont see myself daily driving an EV anytime soon. That being said, the cybertruck is near and dear to my heart for a multitude of reasons so I respect the love it has here. Jumping into the notes I have below:
…..
This is all I could see for now, great info though, thanks for putting this together!
Thanks for the detailed critique DistilledBison. I’ll work my way through your comments and update my chart if appropriate.

Last edited:

CTInProcess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Hilarious ….. that Lightning can’t compete. The Cybertruck should take over being the Sales leader in a short bit. Ford is a joke. Tesla knows how to build real trucks….
Sponsored