TheSmokingTire - Review of the CT

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
I viewed this yesterday. An honest but scathing review of the Cybertruck. Matt is not a fan.

OP
OP

2p2

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3p
Country flag
for myself and a lot of people who aren't anywhere near one of these, this is a good closeup of the fit and finish. Not sure how I could own one and not feel ripped off... 🤷‍♂️

DumpsterFire

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
for myself and a lot of people who aren't anywhere near one of these, this is a good closeup of the fit and finish. Not sure how I could own one and not feel ripped off... 🤷‍♂️
Yes a close up of one particular truck….

I’ve had my truck since the end of February. It had a few fit and finish issues that took Tesla SC less than one day to remedy. Definitely don’t feel ripped off…..😂😂

YMMV ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe I should do a YouTube of how much I think my truck is awesome. Naw. No one would watch it. Positive reviews don’t get clicks.

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, BMW, Ford
Country flag
Saw it yesterday too. Def got a truck with a lot of fit and finish issues agree, the frunk rubber, panels depth and gap issues, etc. I'm not overly huge on the gap issues here but don't want seals/rubber issues for sure, things that wear faster or fail from previous experience from the X to be messed up.

Fabville

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fabville.com
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model X, 2015 Model S P85D, AWD CT
Country flag
Maybe I should do a YouTube of how much I think my truck is awesome. Naw. No one would watch it. Positive reviews don’t get clicks.
I won’t bother watching the video to give him one less view, he was on episode of Rogan a couple years ago and went on about how Tesla will never get the CT into production. I don’t give him much credibility, he seems to want to create controversy.

You’re definitely right about how negatively and controversy unfortunately tend to drive views.

future_yas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Yes a close up of one particular truck….

I’ve had my truck since the end of February. It had a few fit and finish issues that took Tesla SC less than one day to remedy. Definitely don’t feel ripped off…..😂😂

YMMV ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive reviews don't get clicks? There are YouTube channels and even x accounts solely dedicated to positive Tesla news and reviews that do really well. Even Jason Cammisa's highly positive review now has 5.3M views, even though the Hagerty Channel is mostly ICE fans.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I'll argue that watching videos of people who fawn over the truck has historically been a lot more misleading...
Huh? Positive reviews are misleading?

I'm guessing you don't have a Cybertruck yourself, so how would you know the positivity is misleading?

Because it's amazing the way it drives, the efficiency (for a full-sized truck), the load carrying capacity, the ride, even the looks are getting lots of positive comments from strangers, once they see it close up. Even ignoring the unique aesthetics, there is nothing else like it. Not even close.

Having driven it 1200 miles, almost half off-pavement on rough roads and trails, I can tell you it's the negative reviews that are misleading, the truck is astounding good at all the basics. People focusing on lack of a rear view mirror, simple interior, fingerprints, rust, etc. are just harping on things that either don't matter or are made up out of thin air.

The Cybertruck is turning previous non-Tesla owners into newly minted fan boys! That's what the haters are trying to stop. Sure, it might not be every persons cup of tea, that doesn't mean it's not a fantastic product that will sell in the millions.

IMO, it's the negative reviews that are forced, that stretch the truth.

DumpsterFire

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
hm. I didn't get that at all from watching the video? It looked pretty objective.
Here's Why The Production Cybertruck is a Failure - TheSmokingTire”

Yeah with a title like that, it must be really objective…. 😂😂

Come on dude. Stop with the “Hm no bias there” garbage.

The truck isn’t perfect. Far from it. It’s a first run first production vehicle. It’s going to have issues. And for an aside, I think Musk is a turd. A visionary but a turd non the less IMO but you come and join this MB, make that your first post then claim it’s pretty objective? Thats laughable and shits all over your credibility.

Are you sure you’re not behind TheSmokingTire?

I don’t think you’re fooling anyone here.

Last edited:

DumpsterFire

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
Positive reviews don't get clicks? There are YouTube channels and even x accounts solely dedicated to positive Tesla news and reviews that do really well. Even Jason Cammisa's highly positive review now has 5.3M views, even though the Hagerty Channel is mostly ICE fans.
I see what you’re saying but my argument is that negative reviews tend to get far more clicks than positive ones. Being a hater is a very human thing… 😂😂

I should have been more clear with my statement. My bad.

bongulous

First Name
Donk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra Elevation
Occupation
GC
Country flag
hm. I didn't get that at all from watching the video? It looked pretty objective.

I'll argue that watching videos of people who fawn over the truck has historically been a lot more misleading...
Bro joined the forum just to post this shit 🤣
I know a FUD when I see one, gtfoh lil guy

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Tesla is notorious at launching quality fit and finished vehicles, this shouldn't be a surprise. All the straight edges also doesn't help either. But the was he was bashing on the vehicle for things outside of its scope makes me lose much respect for him as a car guy. Just review the vehicle as is geez. In all of my 25 years of driving, I have never once slammed the door on my finger or stuck my hand in a closing hood or trunk. So all these veggie guillotine vids are dumb. Lol
Sponsored