Santosh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, model x, cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
When I park in my driveway, I tried to park as close to the fence as possible so that my wife can get her car in and not give me shit about it.

The model s, it's always been pretty easy and I guess I'm not yet used to the truck even though I've had it for a month.

So today, I got a little too close to the fence and boy did it mess up the truck. We're not talking about running into the fence directly but trying to back up and then I got a little too close and then one of the panels got caught in the post and it really messed up the post but it bent as well. Check out the pictures.

Bear in mind that this is parking speeds, very low speed. Judging from the post, that's some serious damage so if this were a person, they'd be pretty messed up.

I tried to bend that panel back with my hands and it's impossible. I tried to pliers and it's impossible.

There's this dude that happens to have a body shop across the street from the co-working space where I go to and I'm going to go and see if he can bend it back in place enough to make it look normal again.

Tesla Cybertruck So I broke my trucky -- bent rear quarter body panel PXL_20240618_012259182.PORTRAIT

Tesla Cybertruck So I broke my trucky -- bent rear quarter body panel PXL_20240618_012114515

Tesla Cybertruck So I broke my trucky -- bent rear quarter body panel PXL_20240618_012252778.PORTRAIT

Tesla Cybertruck So I broke my trucky -- bent rear quarter body panel PXL_20240618_012233077.MP

Tesla Cybertruck So I broke my trucky -- bent rear quarter body panel PXL_20240618_012237089

Tesla Cybertruck So I broke my trucky -- bent rear quarter body panel PXL_20240618_012242516
Sponsored

Speedr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
@Zantosh76, the beauty of bolted on Stainless Steel panels are, they are just bolted on Stainless Steel panels! No need for matching paint, welding, etc.

Most of the parts for the Cybertruck have been really reasonable. I'd reach out to Tesla and inquire how much it would be to just replace it. I bet you'll be surprised...

WoKKiE

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 FS CyberBeast (3xx)
Country flag
Yeah you’re better off shelling out pocket buying a new panel instead trying to PDR it back. Guarantee they’re not going to get it to look remotely close to being like original again.

OP
OP

Zantosh76

First Name
Santosh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Yikes. Sorry to see that.

OP
OP

Zantosh76

First Name
Santosh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Yeah you’re better off shelling out pocket buying a new panel instead trying to PDR it back. Guarantee they’re not going to get it to look remotely close to being like original again.
From what another guy said, he paid about $2.7k to get it fixed. I'm guessing a good part of that is labor. I'm hoping they have a panel or if I can get it bent back, I can live with it for now.

Definitely not possible to bend it back with any regular tools. I'll see if body shop can bend it back with their big equipment.

I'm actually quite ok leaving it with the "injury". Did you notice the metal has no scratches?

zeroCO2

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S 100D, Toyota 4Runner
Country flag
Cameras not working? 🤔
It did the right thing if it emergency brakes would have been a disaster …my wife was like what was that ….she did not even realize we hit a deer this was on the NYS thruway at rush hour on Friday night heavy volume

OP
OP

Zantosh76

First Name
Santosh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I hope they add a proximity warning soon like the other Tesla models have. It's difficult to judge where the corners are.
This. My other car has FSD and it'll give me some indication that I'm too close to the fence but in this case, I got the indication and I heard the crunch.