Leaking Tonneau cover caused by misaligned gasket - fix?

kosmo886

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
I've tested how waterproof the cover is with the truck parked with the front slightly downhill and slightly uphill (my driveway has a slight slope). With the front downhill, I got leaking from a few areas on the sides, likely due to all the water rolling and settling at the back of the cover. This seems like an unlikely scenario to deal with much given water should flow backwards while driving.

When parked with the front slightly uphill in a heavy rain, the only leak I think I had was where a gasket seems to have been improperly installed so it's not fully under the metal strip that is goldish in color. I am thinking of just throwing a piece of waterproof gorilla tape or silicone on this spot. Does this sound like a reasonable fix? Any other ideas or suggestions?

What other water issues do people have/solved? Looking to get the bed as water tight as possible.

gasket.jpg
bed.jpg
Sponsored

jookyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24CTAWD 17MXP100D 23MX
Country flag
I don't think it was meant to be waterproof, but I'll be trying some things out the closer it gets to winter, even though it's a garage queen.