Full Film of the World's First Polished CyberTruck!

TheDrivenGarage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram TRX, BMW M2, Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro
Country flag
We got to film the world's first polished CyberTruck. I was anxious to see it in person. I have a Beast, and when I saw the photos, I knew I wanted to see it in person. The photos are nice, but in person its incredible. It was awesome hanging with Tyson & Brylee and discussing the project. I can now testify first hand that it doesn't blind you. :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheDrivenGarage

TheDrivenGarage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This looks sick! Nice that it reduces the fingerprints etc,. that some people have found annoying.. Wonder what the cost is since it's obviously more permanent than a wrap for example
From discussions with Brylee (the owner of the business who did it), its about the same price as a high end wrap from a place like TSportsLine. I thought it would be CRAZY expensive due to the man hours involved. But they are keeping the cost reasonable it seems. I am definitely looking to do mine later this summer. I told myself i would live at least a few months with the raw look.

MilliVanilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S Plaid, F430
Country flag
This is looks incredible and far better than any wrap which covers up one of the most unique things about the Cybertruck—the raw stainless steel exterior.

Does the mirror finish dull over time? Someone in another thread said that the stainless steel will naturally oxidize over weeks or months and the resulting patina will show up as a dull haze. Is that accurate?

tALLblackTREE

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Camry LE
Country flag
From discussions with Brylee (the owner of the business who did it), its about the same price as a high end wrap from a place like TSportsLine. I thought it would be CRAZY expensive due to the man hours involved. But they are keeping the cost reasonable it seems. I am definitely looking to do mine later this summer. I told myself i would live at least a few months with the raw look.
Where is Brylee out of? Not sure I caught the location, but i'm guessing it isn't Minnesota

OP
OP
TheDrivenGarage

TheDrivenGarage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Does the mirror finish dull over time? Someone in another thread said that the stainless steel will naturally oxidize over weeks or months and the resulting patina will show up as a dull haze. Is that accurate?
I asked this as well, and it doesn't, as its a mechanical finish vs. a wax. It can scratch or wear like any surface, and if it does, just polish it again. Tyson did some hands on show and tell and it did seem to clean up way easier than my regular one.

Where is Brylee out of? Not sure I caught the location, but i'm guessing it isn't Minnesota
They are based in Joplin, MO but they are actually mobile. I know he has a couple more trucks lined up across the country. Really nice guy, humble, and excited about what he does.

is this the treatment oil tankers get?
Yep! They do a lot of trucks, tankers, etc. as the norm. The CyberTrucks are a new thing.

Going to send this thread to Tyson, as I am pretty sure he is active on the forum. He has been living with polished stainless steel a long time!

OP
OP
TheDrivenGarage

TheDrivenGarage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
why is it up for sale?
We asked Tyson if he was really trying to sell it. He is not actively looking. That was more of a marketing promo to help a friend's business, while he was out of town and didn't need the truck. He likes his truck and doesn't have any major dislikes. That was my main wonder when we saw the listing, I wondered if maybe he regretting polishing it or something.