Car wash vs fingerprints

nitrohuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
Seeing everyone using BFK for cleaning fingerprints off their CTs

This might sound ignorant, but does a drive through car wash do the trick?

Also, people always gripe about micro abraisions coming from contact-brush car washes and ruining the paint, but I'd assume the CT shouldn't really need to be concerned w/ that at all, right?
Sponsored

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
Seeing everyone using BFK for cleaning fingerprints off their CTs

This might sound ignorant, but does a drive through car wash do the trick?

Also, people always gripe about micro abraisions coming from contact-brush car washes and ruining the paint, but I'd assume the CT shouldn't really need to be concerned w/ that at all, right?
The couple of carwash vids I have seen the fingerprints still remained, due to the oil in people's skin.

With the SS of the Cybertruck it had BETTER be able to handle a car wash :)

ideaXfactory

First Name
IdeaX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Many trucks, and a Porsche
Occupation
Stainless, metals, art, polymath
I plan to run it through the carwash about once a week and not PPF the metal. I'm also likely to apply something to the stainless surface to resist fingerprints, and so will do some type of surface treatment later. To be determined... Might try Renaissance wax eventually, and there are others being promoted on this site. I do not think a carwash will scratch the surface, and am not worried about the anti-spot rinse they use.

ideaXfactory

First Name
IdeaX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Many trucks, and a Porsche
Occupation
Stainless, metals, art, polymath
I'm sure others will soon report such a problem if it exists. The thing is built like a tank... And it has car wash settings built into the software.

Cybertruck2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning and Model 3
Country flag
I never go to a car wash with the spinning brushes. I often go to the car wash with the long rag strips that pass over the car. I've never had an issue taking over 20 vehicles to these types of washes, many many times. I hope the CT isn't the most wimpy vehicle I've ever driven, kind of goes against its whole selling point.
Sponsored