Autosteer not yet available on production models?

cybercoffee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYLR
Country flag
Is autosteer not yet available for the cybertruck? Tsportline released a menu video and the only toggle on the autopilot page is TACC. No autosteer (and no FSD). Have any other videos covered this one way or the other?
Sponsored

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
"Full Self Driving Capability"

All the legal fudging necessary to avoid losing a lawsuit.

Tesla Cybertruck Autosteer not yet available on production models? Screenshot 2023-12-24 at 09.47.42

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
I noticed that too. Seems its not available yet. I really hope they don't delay the update to enable it as I use Autopilot A LOT for my commute.
I just experienced FSD 2 days ago while my wife test drove a 2023 MX. Was blown away. Only took a short maybe 5 mile ride away from and back to the service center and there were no problems. If not for the FS I would not have added it. Now I can’t wait for that truck to navigate me everywhere lol. I’ll have it navigate me to the community mailbox at the corner just to enjoy it lol. I hope they unlock whatever they need to unlock to allow us to use both ASAP.

CHC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Model X
Country flag
That's why employees are the only ones taking delivery right now. I fear it will be longer than anticipated for everyone else

OP
OP

cybercoffee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYLR
Country flag
I did notice in the tsportline video that an update was pending. One can dream…

VR Driving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
It was expected that Autopilot and FSD would have a delayed launch. There needs to be enough fleet data for AP/FSD to work, there are not enough Cybertrucks on the road to provide the data yet.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
It was expected that Autopilot and FSD would have a delayed launch. There needs to be enough fleet data for AP/FSD to work, there are not enough Cybertrucks on the road to provide the data yet.
it’s not only/mostly that

FSD actually not that dependent on the vehicle itself

it’s more fundamentally that AP/FSD have never before felt with 4WS and especially steer by wire - this is fundamentally what puts pressure on the software (and data) etc to need to be addressed differently in the CT

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Is autosteer not yet available for the cybertruck? Tsportline released a menu video and the only toggle on the autopilot page is TACC. No autosteer (and no FSD). Have any other videos covered this one way or the other?
It has been said several times that nothing in the FSD suite is available on the Cybertruck yet. Not enough trucks on the road to get training data possibly?

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
it’s not only/mostly that

FSD actually not that dependent on the vehicle itself

it’s more fundamentally that AP/FSD have never before felt with 4WS and especially steer by wire - this is fundamentally what puts pressure on the software (and data) etc to need to be addressed differently in the CT
To make a slightly finer point... for the AP/FSD in the S3XY lineup, there is a straight conversion from turn radius to steering command required. But with the CT, you have variable gain steering, so that difference needs to be written. And then you have SbW, so THAT interface needs to be written (letting all 3 computers get the same info at the same time so they can all agree) And then you have to account for and consider the 4WS. Although I can imagine some simple ways to interface the two, it may or may not be the way they do it with everything else, and that would also require some different approaches. And you also have to decide if you're going to move the "Sqweel" in AP/FSD modes. And you have to write in the interface for that as well. And, and, and...
Sponsored