Treynor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual motor
Occupation
President
Country flag
It DOES resemble a hearse just a bit. But a COOL hearse with a light bar!

Maybe more options could be offered to break up the monolith polycarbonate panels that give the hearse vibe.
Just my worthless 2 cents.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Hey guys, happy Friday! After a long week and a little bit of pimp my ride we got the first article production modular roof rack/ camper top completed! We’ve got some minor changes to the roof panels and get assembly down, but we should be good to start selling this at the end of July.

It weighs just under 300 pounds and we partnered with Badass tents for the tent fabric. The tent has a pass-through door in the back of it to climb up into it and also a rain fly let’s roll up in these photos.

It’s got a 3 inch memory from mattress with reversable bedding. Every tent will be slightly different. This one has Chewbacca on one side and Dia De Los Muertos on the other side. It looks pretty cool. I wish I would’ve taken a photo before she left for this weeks media tour.

Our Sister company, Lormac Plastics produced the polycarbonate windows and rear door. It’s got stainless steel top panels, and an aluminum composite roof. The roof is white to keep the heat down. Will also offer the roof and powder coated black. Will also be offering stainless steel side panels and rear door as well as the panels we before also work with us set up.

We are also partnered with Baja Designs for the Lights. This one has eight xl linkables on top and a 40 inch S8 light bar in the bumper. It’s about $3500 in Lights and at night time it looks like daytime with them on. we also have six LP nine pros and ditch lights that we didn’t have time to add to the grill and hood but in two weeks when it gets back will do that.

Best of all in my opinion is that this starts with the roof rack and you can build it out in many different ways. More accessories and camper build out options. Will be available shortly.

Let me know what you guys think!

IMG_6372.jpeg

IMG_6373.jpeg

IMG_6371.jpeg

IMG_6370.jpeg

IMG_6369.jpeg

IMG_6368.jpeg

IMG_6366.jpeg

IMG_6364.jpeg

IMG_6365.jpeg

IMG_6361.jpeg

IMG_6363.jpeg

IMG_6359.jpeg

IMG_6362.jpeg

IMG_6358.jpeg

IMG_6356.jpeg

IMG_6352.jpeg

IMG_6351.jpeg

IMG_6347.jpeg

IMG_6349.jpeg

IMG_6345.jpeg
Would like to see a 70mph range test.

Keep seeing Cybertruck cap designs extend past the peak but that increases the frontal area of the vehicle, on top of making them look worse than if they were in-line with the peak.

Tesla Cybertruck CYBERTRUCKco World’s First Production-Intent Pop-Top Camper Shell! IMG_6365

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
CA road trip up the coast from San Diego, Tahoe, Yosemite, SoCal. Then back to Monterey the following week for Laguna Seca motorcycle race
Will you be at the CT showcase at the X takeover in San Luis Obispo?

OP
OP

RogerDavis

Site Sponsor
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Defender 110, Model 3
Occupation
manufacturing
Country flag
It looks great. The problems I see are insulation and dust permeability. It’s going to bake in there with those windows. I think you will eventually want to make panels from insulated sandwich aluminum. Super light and high R value. Those panels are also structural. My other question is dust permeability. Dirt roads will fill the truck bed with nasty grit. Any plan to seal it off? Insulation and dust proof are the first real use in the field demands for overland toppers/campers. You really want a little island apart from the harsh reality of the outdoors. Dust is awful. I love the modularity, but it’s going to make sealing much more difficult. Great work. Just my point of view from a long time overlanding desert rat.
we’ll have stainless or aluminum wall options along with the windows seen here and have flip up rear windows/doors planned for ventilation when is starts selling.

It’s got seals all around, we didn’t finish the inside wall seal between, but the plan is dust and water resistant, as much a truck bed can be.

OP
OP

RogerDavis

Site Sponsor
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
manufacturing
Country flag
Will you be at the CT showcase at the X takeover in San Luis Obispo?
Yes with this and the gloss back truck that will have a second style roof rack/spoiler

OP
OP

RogerDavis

Site Sponsor
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
manufacturing
Country flag
:World's First Production 'IN_TENT'
Who's writing THIS Copy!
I LOVE the Look ( OF LOVE )
'Its the look, it's the look' ( ABC )
Siri… I think I fixed them all but “production intent” is a term we use in manufacturing every day. I hyphenated for you even though I’ve never seen it like that before.

OP
OP

RogerDavis

Site Sponsor
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
manufacturing
Country flag
G'Day Rogg, What's the go with all those chalk sketches around the CT?
Are there 'budding' Designers in your team, or simply your personal 'BLUE-PRINTS' !?!?!
No idea what you’re talking about? We’ve been manufacturing for automotive, powersports, action sports, industrial, medical markets since 1966. We have engineers and rapid design to market capabilities, this isn’t our first rodeo…

OP
OP

RogerDavis

Site Sponsor
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
manufacturing
Country flag
I would like the dimensions of the rear opening with the trail gate down and the shell door up. Need to slide in some dog kennels. I'm also not sure I like holding the shell door up with a pole but I would have to see it to know for sure.
Roughly 40” tall.

good eye! Of course we ordered too heavy duty of a strut for the rear door so we had to use a kickstand for this trip… will have a strut to hold it open.

OP
OP

RogerDavis

Site Sponsor
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
manufacturing
Country flag
Wow! Just wow! Y’all knocked it out of the park with this one. Would love to see the kW/H energy rating of the setup on a 300 mile roadtrip!
Will let you know soon enough!

OP
OP

RogerDavis

Site Sponsor
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
manufacturing
Country flag
Would like to see a 70mph range test.

Keep seeing Cybertruck cap designs extend past the peak but that increases the frontal area of the vehicle, on top of making them look worse than if they were in-line with the peak.

IMG_6365.jpeg
Our rack is 2” above peak, and the tent topper is 4.75 taller than rack with the L-trail rails. we do have a white board sketch of another design that is flat on top to peak, maybe Sept show-and-tell.

Last edited:

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Yes with this and the gloss back truck that will have a second style roof rack/spoiler
Ok, have been on the fence about going but maybe we'll stop by (we are just 15 miles north of SLO).

Teslarossa

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model X Plaid, 2018 Model 3 Performance, etc
Occupation
EV conversions of Classic ICE vehicles
Country flag
Looks great and versatile. Solar panels on top would be popular option… especially for camping

OP
OP

RogerDavis

Site Sponsor
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
manufacturing
Country flag
Do you have a website?

Looks similar to: The Wedge - Space Campers
All the toppers will likely look similar, only a few ways to skin the cat. Ours has flat panels vs the slight bowed they show renderings of and I beleive their’s is fiberglass and solid assembly vs the modular assembly of ours which can be assembled in stages or all at once.

I like their design, lots of ideas, but the fact that it’s not real (yet?) and has a $25,000 starting price tag wont work for most people. I hope they start posting more pictures of their progress and bring to market. (@spacecampers if you’re out there, we own a composite and plastics manufacturing company, and would love to help you.)

We’re designing products that are more in line with other existing products, features and price points in the truck market.
Sponsored