Ghost Cybertruck windshield wiper issue! ongoing 5 months no fix!

QuantMech

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X, Cybertruck
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
Make the reposition of the wiper an option in the software and that will solve the issue, that seems logical to me for those who have overly erratic wiper blade. Those who have not experienced the issue will be happy and those who do experience at least have an option to eliminate what could be a distraction and a safety issue.
Sponsored

fgaryamy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4, Kona
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I can assure you agordon117 that is is a technical error and not an intended feature on the truck.
I agree. Get them to replace the sensor that provides the feedback to reposition the blade. I've worked in machine control diagnostics for the last 28 years. This is most likely a hardware iss;ue. Specifically a sensor.

GuyV

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, FS Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I keep my wipers set to off because the auto wipers are still a little wonky for me at times and I've still seen my wiper twitching even when the truck is at a complete stop. It's really bizarre and feels more like a bug related to the wiper repositioning itself for better aero. I expected it to move once and stop, but once it starts it just keeps twitching back and forth and won't stop until I get out of the truck.
Maybe it's a sensor issue, failing to properly report position on some trucks, maybe adjustable?

GuyV

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Make the reposition of the wiper an option in the software and that will solve the issue, that seems logical to me for those who have overly erratic wiper blade. Those who have not experienced the issue will be happy and those who do experience at least have an option to eliminate what could be a distraction and a safety issue.
If it varies from vehicle to vehicle it's most likely an alignment/adjustment problem with a sensor, or possibly with the gearing. I remember it looking a little complex in a Munro teardown video.

GuyV

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No, that just avoids using a feature that was intended to be useful and add value.

QuantMech

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X, Cybertruck
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
No, that just avoids using a feature that was intended to be useful and add value.
I don’t think i was clear. The ability to turn it off does not perclude the need for repair. It does at least remove an irritant at its best it can prevent an accident. Not to mention it gives the freedom to choose! I like freedom!

GuyV

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don’t think i was clear. The ability to turn it off does not perclude the need for repair. It does at least remove an irritant at its best it can prevent an accident. Not to mention it gives the freedom to choose! I like freedom!
You said it would solve the issue. It wouldn't. They need to find the problem and fix it.

kpg81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Country flag
Well after this entire thread of "it's a feature" vs "it's broken"

I can confirm, ITS BROKE.

I just picked up my Cyberbeast today and threw 100 miles on it at various speeds on the street, highway, etc.

Not a single moment did my wiper move even a CM at speeds over 100mph or cruising at any speed. It's solid.

If your truck is doing anything over then not moving, please have Tesla fix it and stop using the "software" excuse for everything that doesn't work right.

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.meyerwine.com
Vehicles
Model 3, '73 GMC truck, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist, Vintner
Country flag

I just picked up my Cyberbeast today and threw 100 miles on it at various speeds on the street, highway, etc.

Not a single moment did my wiper move even a CM at speeds over 100mph or cruising at any speed. It's solid.

If your truck is doing anything over then not moving, please have Tesla fix it and stop using the "software" excuse for everything that doesn't work right.
Good to know. What's your software version, out of curiosity?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag

That sounds broken, since it's supposed to move.

-Crissa

QuantMech

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X, Cybertruck
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
You said it would solve the issue. It wouldn't. They need to find the problem and fix it.
Like i said ’does not perclude the need for repair.’

GFleck

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y
Country flag
proves that Tesla just cannot figure out how to manage windshield wipers correctly. They are known for their tech, but at the end of the day the simplest crap seems to be the most difficult for them to solve.
I think that's a bit of an exaggeration. 12,000+ vehicles so far (including mine) and this is the first in hearing of this issue. I'm sure there are a few others out there. But, with anything new (especially high tech) there's going to be edge case issues here and there to work out. Comment makes it sound like the all their wipers are doing this and they just can't fix it. I know a lot more people complain about the auto wipers not being great so maybe more of an issue there but also never had an issue. I fell like that's something very subjective. Like if 100 people designed the timing you'd have at least 50 different algorithms and shine people would complain that any of them were, too far, too slow, too sensitive, nor sensitive enough.

kpg81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Country flag
That sounds broken, since it's supposed to move.

-Crissa
Yeah, it moves when it's supposed to- when I turn it on to wipe things off the windshield, which is great, because that's how it should work. I have no complaints.

What does the wiper do on your Cybertruck?

No reviewers mentioned this as behavior in their Cybertruck reviews, it's clearly not supposed to just wobble around. Glad mind doesn't do it.

Guylouis

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F.S. CyberBeast, XP, YP, 3P
Country flag
Can confirm that this is NOT the behavior of my wiper.
Mine doesn’t move at all while driving
Sponsored

Last edited: