Carlos Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Finally someone got their truck super dirty and then took it through a car wash. The reviewer said they got the Ceramic Duck, but you can see when they went thru the car wash the Lucky Duck was what he got. I think the Ceramic coating would not have worked well. The reviewer responded to my comment on YouTube and believes they got the ceramic coatingā€¦either way, it came out great after drying it off.

Needless to say, I was happy to see that the stainless steel didnā€™t come out the other end a pure mess after watching the OCDetailing videos.

I guess I will keep my Quick Quack membership.

Sponsored

Dazajj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX350
Occupation
Regional Account Director
Country flag
This makes me so happy!!

ideaXfactory

First Name
IdeaX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Many trucks, and a Porsche
Occupation
Stainless, metals, art, polymath
Nice video, looks good!

OP
OP
Carlos Thomas

Carlos Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Yes, the wash missed various spots on the truck. The whole point was, ā€œCan you take it through a car wash and will the finish look smeared/streaky/etc.?ā€ Based on other videos on YouTube, they had a series of videos talking about how hard it is to clean.

So this video kinda puts that myth to bed.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
Yes, the wash missed various spots on the truck. The whole point was, ā€œCan you take it through a car wash and will the finish look smeared/streaky/etc.?ā€ Based on other videos on YouTube, they had a series of videos talking about how hard it is to clean.

So this video kinda puts that myth to bed.
It missed some spots but with one of those quick drive throughs it did about average, fender flares on CT are a little tricky to spray wash quickly by the looks of them.
I think in general for a quick car was most people don't use with nicer cars it looked good with that wash cycle. Not ready for the showroom but definitely ready for the worksite.
Just put your power tools in the back of the cabin not the vault.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Finally someone got their truck super dirty and then took it through a car wash. The reviewer said they got the Ceramic Duck, but you can see when they went thru the car wash the Lucky Duck was what he got. I think the Ceramic coating would not have worked well. The reviewer responded to my comment on YouTube and believes they got the ceramic coatingā€¦either way, it came out great after drying it off.

Needless to say, I was happy to see that the stainless steel didnā€™t come out the other end a pure mess after watching the OCDetailing videos.

I guess I will keep my Quick Quack membership.

Sorry my friend; that truck was not super dirty lol

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
Such a shitty car wash. Apparently "Brand New Condition" is not universally accepted. Look at the base boards (black trim). What would you expect from a self wash though. 5/10. Video just for the views.
I thought it was nice to show the options and techniques (N quick access above or the enable free roll button). Also nicely shows how the tonneau dealt with it. These are all options not available on older Teslas and from people moving from other car brands.

My fav local carwash has several large plastic wheelbarrows with brushes so you can prewash tough spots (bugs, lower areas, etc). Very handy and allows for a decent quick carwash.

Tesla Cybertruck Taking Cybertruck through Automatic Car Wash (Finally) jz7JHeM

Tesla Cybertruck Taking Cybertruck through Automatic Car Wash (Finally) 9LSgIyK

Definitely a downside of sharp "cyber" corners
Tesla Cybertruck Taking Cybertruck through Automatic Car Wash (Finally) evjvgjY

Aside: Doors sure seems to have light and dark splotches on them.
Tesla Cybertruck Taking Cybertruck through Automatic Car Wash (Finally) 2Guv5Rr

Last edited:

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
I agree. The Brillo pad robot does not make the appearance uniform.

JBerger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru outback
Country flag
I would like to see someone with a wrap take the CT through that car wash and see what happens!

Tiberius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Chief cook and bottlewasher
Country flag
I would like to see someone with a wrap take the CT through that car wash and see what happens!
Wouldn't that be like taking any wrapped car through a car wash ?

Tiberius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Chief cook and bottlewasher
Country flag
I donā€™t know I never had a wrap on a vehicle. I plan on wrapping the CT when I get it hence the question
Most recommend touch less washes. TBH I've only ever taken my 3 through touch less places, but mine is black šŸ˜

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Soon to be... 2024 AWD Cybertruck!
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
One of my first thread post I made on this forum is questioning if the Cybertruck will be able to use these automated car washes and if it will clean the SS well.

So excited that it came out so clean! Definitely put a smile on my face and I will definitely be using these car washes for my Cybertruck when the time comes. It is a lot simpler than trying to find the "magic formula" on what to hand wash it with.
Sponsored